Rio De Janeiro

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Rio De Janeiro

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Headed to Rio for the first of 2 trips on Wednesday. Gonna be there about 8 days.

Teddy, you were there weren't you?

We're staying in Barra di Tijuca. Won't have much if any time to do any sightseeing, and likely won't have much desire either. It's summer there right now and hot as hell from what I've heard.
ImageImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Re: Rio De Janeiro

Post by nick »

Trannys and STDs.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

been to brazil but never rio. the country is a meat eaters paradise though. enjoy.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Don't swim in the ocean. It's full of shit.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:Don't swim in the ocean. It's full of shit.

Lol. All their water sucks.

We're planning a trip one day (if we can leave the course early enough) to Christ the redeemer.

Other than that, I plan to eat right near the hotel and get inside before dark.

Luckily the area we're staying in is supposed to be one of the newest and cleanest/safest areas.

We had some guys down there a few weeks ago and they said its hot as fuck. They have random rolling blackouts. It's dirty as can be, but they didn't feel unsafe.
ImageImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote: Other than that, I plan to eat right near the hotel and get inside before dark.
go out and enjoy yourself. don't live in fear.

going in by dark is absurd. you're a grown man, explore and be aware and don't act like an idiot and you'll be fine.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

DRiccio21 wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote: Other than that, I plan to eat right near the hotel and get inside before dark.

going in by dark is absurd. you're a grown man, explore and be aware and don't act like an idiot and you'll be fine.

I think for him it's more about how much work he has to do :lol:

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

jsence2 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:

I think for him it's more about how much work he has to do :lol:
Mainly this.

And Dave, remember, I'm a "mostly" grown man. I'm not exactly a physically imposing figure. :lol:

In all seriousness, our swiss timing folks who have been there for a few years in preparation just said not to travel anywhere alone, and don't do anything stupid (obviously).

The on goofy thing was they said not to stop for red lights after dark, just slowly go through the intersection. But that's pretty much the same here in rough areas anyways. Don't put yourself in a situation where something bad can happen and you'll be fine.
ImageImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

yeah, Belize City, Belize is the only place to far that I can honestly say I've felt unsafe. I've walked around at night in Brazil and you just have to be smart. stay in groups and you'll be fine. I would try to see a few things Dan. Seems like a waste not to take a few days to see Rio.

No one is gonna screw with a group of 5-6 guys. Get a group and go out and have fun. Or do a tour. The country is not expensive and a tour will make it easy for you to have fun. Also I am not an intimidating guy and I travel a ton.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Uuaww wrote:yeah, Belize City, Belize is the only place to far that I can honestly say I've felt unsafe. I've walked around at night in Brazil and you just have to be smart. stay in groups and you'll be fine. I would try to see a few things Dan. Seems like a waste not to take a few days to see Rio.

No one is gonna screw with a group of 5-6 guys. Get a group and go out and have fun. Or do a tour. The country is not expensive and a tour will make it easy for you to have fun. Also I am not an intimidating guy and I travel a ton.
I'm working from the time I get off the plane to the time I leave. This isn't vacation. Slicing out 4 hours to see Christ the redeemer is likely our only chance
ImageImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

your job sucks, a lot of jobs allow you to take a few days of vacation leave attached to trips like this.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Uuaww wrote:your job sucks, a lot of jobs allow you to take a few days of vacation leave attached to trips like this.
Mine does. I have no interest on this particular trip. I have to get back so I don't miss our testing for Masters, and I'll be going back to Brazil for the actual Olympics (this is a test event) so I'll have a 2nd shot at it. I'll be there 20 days next time.
ImageImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Jealous! :x

You get to go to places like this and Korea and I get stuck in Iraq. I need a new job!
ImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:your job sucks, a lot of jobs allow you to take a few days of vacation leave attached to trips like this.
Mine does. I have no interest on this particular trip. I have to get back so I don't miss our testing for Masters, and I'll be going back to Brazil for the actual Olympics (this is a test event) so I'll have a 2nd shot at it. I'll be there 20 days next time.
oh that's good. See if you can see some other events for the olympics, that would be amazing and once in a lifetime stuff. If it is anything like the World Cup was, they will beef of security to such levels that you can walk around at night in any tourist area without fear.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Going to try and see how many mini bottles of Jack I can consume without having to actually ASK for them out of normal service.

Riooooooo
ImageImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Heading to Brazil July 14 - 28. Unfortunately it's going to be Sao Paulo instead of Rio though. One of the few trips I can actually say I'm dreading. Not out of fear or anything, but going alone for two weeks.

Reading through this...won't be able to walk around in a group. Guess it's in by dark :lol:
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Man, going to Brazil alone is the way to go. Just leave those morals in Cookeville and you will have an epic time :)
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

wdoupis wrote:Man, going to Brazil alone is the way to go. Just leave those morals in Cookeville and you will have an epic time :)
You kiss Svetlana with that mouth?

Return to “Travel”