New Orleans!

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: New Orleans!

Post by Cnasty »

Shel you ever been to Tibby's in winter park?

I've had the cafe du monde beignets and downright amazing BUT I have to say the ones at Tibby's are just as good if not a little better. Crazy to say, I know but give them a whirl.

Awesome Nola place here locally with the jambalaya and all that other amazing stuff.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

DRiccio21 wrote:have you lived in New Orleans swelly? some pretty good advice there. we get Haydel's king cake delivered every Mardi Gras

No I have not. My wife's dad is from there, grew up there. Everytime we go visit we usually do all of the things i mentioned. He has some crazy stories of when he was growing up, selling sodas and shit at Super Bowls in Tulane stadium....About his residency at Charity Hospital...getting held up while making out in his car with his girl back in the day.....

We too, get Haydel's king cakes either delivered or we go down there and bring em back on the plane. :D
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:we get Haydel's king cake delivered every Mardi Gras
Local place near my hometown, Cajun Pecan House, GOAT kingcakes.

My mom sends me one every single year in February for my birthday. They will overnight ship em.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Shel you ever been to Tibby's in winter park?

I've had the cafe du monde beignets and downright amazing BUT I have to say the ones at Tibby's are just as good if not a little better. Crazy to say, I know but give them a whirl.
Never heard of it. Since we moved away from Downtown and the opposite way, WInter Park is off our radar nowadays lol.

Winter Park Village used to be our go to spot for dinners and movies.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Worth the trip IMO whenever it is you can get there.

Awesome food
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Worth the trip IMO whenever it is you can get there.

Awesome food
I'm sure it's good and definitely will put it on my radar, but remember, i can also get most of that stuff homemade for free. :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

But you don't have to deal with your sister.

Worth paying for :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:But you don't have to deal with your sister.

Worth paying for :lol:
2 shay

$80 to not have to hear my waiter talk for 1.5 hours straight about stuff I don't care about, SOLD!!!
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Bourbon street is for rookies. Frenchmen street is where it's at. Hotter dames and better quality people all around. Unfortunately we have some new people coming in town tomorrow and they will want to hit up bourbon street, but I'm sure we will end up at Frenchmen. I'm forever changed.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Heading to NOLA March 20-23 for two bachelor parties rolled into one weekend. I was looking at some room rates and what the fuck??? AVG $200 per night!!! (In the French Quarter) Does anyone know what the hell is going on there that weekend? I tried to google NOLA conventions in 2014 but couldnt really find anything. The two grooms to be sent out an email blast, saying the have a block of rooms at the Marriott on Canal St. but the rate is still over $200 per night. I would much rather be near the $100 per night range. Any suggestions or coupon codes to save some dough? I will ask some of the fellas going if theyd be interested in rooming, but I dont know really any of them except my buddy, one of the grooms to be.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

swellvermin wrote:Heading to NOLA March 20-23 for two bachelor parties rolled into one weekend. I was looking at some room rates and what the fuck??? AVG $200 per night!!! (In the French Quarter) Does anyone know what the hell is going on there that weekend? I tried to google NOLA conventions in 2014 but couldnt really find anything. The two grooms to be sent out an email blast, saying the have a block of rooms at the Marriott on Canal St. but the rate is still over $200 per night. I would much rather be near the $100 per night range. Any suggestions or coupon codes to save some dough? I will ask some of the fellas going if theyd be interested in rooming, but I dont know really any of them except my buddy, one of the grooms to be.

leftovers from mardi gras and st patricks day weekend (mostly the latter)

although we're looking at april and prices are skyhigh also.

maybe they're trying to make up for money missed during katrina
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Ncaa tournament?

Airbnb.com
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Weasel wrote:Ncaa tournament?

Airbnb.com
No but I see that the Heat are playing the Pelicans on 3/22
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Ummm, go see Jacob at Jax Brewing and then wake up with three bracelets on your arm and two new Facebook friends you never met but apparently had a great time with.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Swely - In all seriousness. I cant believe I forgot to post these two places.

Need to make reservations about a week in advance. Its not a fancy place but its so good everyone goes there.

http://www.cochonrestaurant.com/

Wife and I split the boucherie plate, fried boudin, mustard pickle braised pork cheeks with roasted grits ( don't recall it having the grits but this was money), arugula salad with cured pork belly, rabbit & dumplings

They also have a deli that puts Mothers (sandwiches) to shame. Its basically next door to the main restaurant.

http://www.cochonbutcher.com/

All house cured meats and everything made is from scratch and they use all farm to table type concepts. If you make the trip, you guys need to make a reservation a week in advance for the restaurant to make sure you can get in. The deli is easy to walk in.

For a fun place to kick it there is d.b.a. on Frenchmen St when you get tired of the same ol on Bourbon. Live music, great beer selection and lots of ladies looking to dance and have a good time. Shift as well as others unanimously told me to Coop's Place. We were a group of four and really enjoyed it as well.

http://www.coopsplace.net/

I can highly recommend that as well. very casual but like most of these places there's typically a line out the door.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Oh good shit Luis! We may be dining there, if not we, then me. Lol

Also, i have used the hotel tonight app in the past for vegas, and it worked out pretty well. I was perusing the deals in nola for tonight and saw a $130/night room for $89. I may just wing it and once i land at MSY just go on there and book summin.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Staying there for just a night on Poydras Street February 22nd. Alittle pissed, was aiming for the entire weekend before but apparently the All-Star game is a big draw... Getting there around 10am or so and heading out the next day around 1pm. I see all the stuff listed for Niddler but if you're limited on time what would the absolute must do thing be?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Staying there for just a night on Poydras Street February 22nd. Alittle pissed, was aiming for the entire weekend before but apparently the All-Star game is a big draw... Getting there around 10am or so and heading out the next day around 1pm. I see all the stuff listed for Niddler but if you're limited on time what would the absolute must do thing be?
The NBA all star game is in New Orleans this year? I had no idea.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

shel311 wrote:
Wasted Memory wrote:Staying there for just a night on Poydras Street February 22nd. Alittle pissed, was aiming for the entire weekend before but apparently the All-Star game is a big draw... Getting there around 10am or so and heading out the next day around 1pm. I see all the stuff listed for Niddler but if you're limited on time what would the absolute must do thing be?

That wasn't helpful at all... :)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Wasted Memory wrote:
shel311 wrote:

That wasn't helpful at all... :)
I disagree, you were very helpful, I learned something today. :)

Return to “Travel”