New Panama City GM

New to the NDL? Introduce yourself here.
Joshua Biddle
Reactions:

New Panama City GM

Post by Joshua Biddle »

Hey everyone, name is Josh, and I’ll be taking over Panama City. Live in Delaware, love basically all sports. Played OOTP in an online league from 2018-2022 in another great league, but stepped away and now ready to jump back in. The fact there is a core group that has been together awhile AND it is a relatively new iteration of the league attracted me as that checked all the boxes of what I preferred.

Love auto racing, NASCAR is my favorite form, and have run a sim racing team since 2010. In addition to venturing back into sim baseball realm, also have sim football, basketball, hockey, and soccer teams in the good old’ sim sports portfolio :)

Looking forward to the season getting started!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: New Panama City GM

Post by shel311 »

Welcome to the league!
Joshua Biddle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:25 pm and have run a sim racing team since 2010.
Tell me more!
Joshua Biddle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:25 pm sim basketball
The world will be a better place when we finally get a legit OOTP like NBA sim.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Welcome Josh. I miss the front page sports days!!!!!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

welcome aboard!

are the football or basketball sims your in any good?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Welcome!
Are you using Draft Day Sports (Wolverine Studios) for the basketball and football sims?

And like Shel, tell me more about the sim racing team/league.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Man, if the sim basketball is good I’d run one of those leagues in a heartbeat.

Welcome aboard
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:54 pm Man, if the sim basketball is good I’d run one of those leagues in a heartbeat.
Agreed but I think we'd know about a good hoops online sim by now if it existed.

We'll just need to create our own!!!
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I just learned how to make a decent excel table. May need someone else to help ya with that
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:44 pmI just learned how to make a decent excel table
Progress!!!
Joshua Biddle
Reactions:

Post by Joshua Biddle »

shel311 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:37 am Welcome to the league!
Joshua Biddle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:25 pm and have run a sim racing team since 2010.
Tell me more!
Joshua Biddle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:25 pm sim basketball
The world will be a better place when we finally get a legit OOTP like NBA sim.
The_Niddler wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:55 pm Welcome!
Are you using Draft Day Sports (Wolverine Studios) for the basketball and football sims?

And like Shel, tell me more about the sim racing team/league.
So back in 2010 through 2011, my team ran in an Xbox NASCAR 08 league which ran full 100% length races. The league then migrated over to ARCA Sim Racing on the PC which we still ran 100% length races, just on more of a sim (NASCAR 08 was more "simcade" as they call it, EA Sports made it). League lasted until 2014 when it folded as car counts diminished a bit.

From then on, we paused and then kind of got back into it over the past couple years (probably mid-2020ish - 2021, in the midst of the pandemic). My teammate, who I met on the EASports forum when I posted looking for teammates for my team when I was starting out), runs in a league now on iRacing, which is basically the premier racing sim. I've dabbled a bit in league racing and such, but I "hot lap" more than anything at this time.

In addition to league racing, we also had drivers signed who ran in the official iRacing seasons in the past, but we exited that in about 2016ish I believe it was. Might want to get back into it full-time at some point, but it's a huge time investment, haha.

I should mention too, I used to be in a Madden custom league on PC from 2002-2009. League was awesome, it's downfall basically coincided when EA ditched making Madden for the PC. And even newer versions I'm pretty sure haven't brought back custom teams. Big reason as to why I'm attracted to leagues that have a custom environment.

In a few sim basketball leagues and they use FBB3. I think it's pretty good; the leagues are competitive, fun, and feel like a challenge. But I'd certainly agree there's no sim out there in any other sport (that I know of) that offers everything OOTP does. I really don't think anything is even in the vicinity at this point. With FBB3, it's text-based, so you can' t watch the games (but you can read the play-by-play if you choose to).

Football sim league does use the Wolverine Studios one, which is ok. It serves the purpose of at least scratching the sim football itch, although again, not comparable to OOTP. If you watch the games, it really lacks in time management during the last two-minutes of the half/game, which is really annoying. I was excited when OOTP was in the process of working on a football sim, disappointed that didn't work out.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Great stuff.

I have a racing wheel and play F1, but I'm definitely a rookie. Been wondering if about racing leagues but not sure I'm good enough lol. I still use a few assists and play casually so I'll never really put enough time to race without assists.

The basketball sim, is that on Basketball GM? I've messed with it offline, OOTP just has me spoiled, and if it can't fully replicate a real NBA sim, I can't stay interested.
Joshua Biddle
Reactions:

Post by Joshua Biddle »

shel311 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:15 pm Great stuff.

I have a racing wheel and play F1, but I'm definitely a rookie. Been wondering if about racing leagues but not sure I'm good enough lol. I still use a few assists and play casually so I'll never really put enough time to race without assists.

The basketball sim, is that on Basketball GM? I've messed with it offline, OOTP just has me spoiled, and if it can't fully replicate a real NBA sim, I can't stay interested.
It's this one:

https://gmgames.org/fast-break-pro-basketball-3/

And nice! I'm into F1 too, haven't really played the games too much though. Most leagues I've been apart of are open to all experience levels, but if you choose to go that route I'm sure there are plenty of options so it's just about reading what they say about the environment of the league.

iRacing is definitely one where there are a good amount of snobs. If you watch people on Twitch and somebody over mic calls it a game, you're bound to get a "IT'S NOT A GAME, IT'S A SIM!!!"... makes me laugh every time!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

It's real to me, dammit!!! :lol:

How realistic is that hoops sim in terms of real life NBA in terms of the finanicals?
Joshua Biddle
Reactions:

Post by Joshua Biddle »

shel311 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:49 pm It's real to me, dammit!!! :lol:

How realistic is that hoops sim in terms of real life NBA in terms of the finanicals?

Been a crazy week, apologies for the delay in response.

Pretty realistic. Bird rights, cap rules, mid level exemption, etc. Budget similar to OOTP where it is dependent on market and other owner traits.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

were you in any of the FBB Sim leagues where they gave points for participation and depth chart posting so ppl would upgrade all their dudes to A+ defense and everyone would try and trade for Lebron cause his bird rights made him auto resign?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I have watched some iRacing stuff, but I feel it is far more advanced then I have time for right now.

The wolverine studios football games are ok. I was in a college and pro league where the players from the college league fed into our pro league.
The guys that run it keep it fun and entertaining, but it is definitely not nearly as in-depth as OOTP, but was still very fun.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “League Introductions”