NDL's new Look!

New to the NDL? Introduce yourself here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: NDL's new Look!

Post by The_Niddler »

shel311 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:If the NDL was my homepage, sure.

But its not so having the view new posts, like we had before, would work great.
Add Bookmark, favorites bar would provide the same thing as well. Just throwing out options.

Of course, Holmey is King so I'm sure he'll find a way to get it back to the old way, that's what he does!!!

This is what I was going to say.
It doesn't have to be your homepage.

Save a favorite or bookmark as the view new posts link.

But I will pass on this information to holmey.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

The_Niddler wrote:But I will pass on this information to holmey.
Thanks
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

something small but ive seen on sites is the ability to like individual posts. thatd be kinda cool
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

nick wrote:something small but ive seen on sites is the ability to like individual posts. thatd be kinda cool
Yeah. I think that would be cool and could add to the conversations a bit. Liking a post or maybe an "Upvote/downvote" system like on Reddit.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

LetsGoPeay wrote:
nick wrote:something small but ive seen on sites is the ability to like individual posts. thatd be kinda cool
Yeah. I think that would be cool and could add to the conversations a bit. Liking a post or maybe an "Upvote/downvote" system like on Reddit.

I do not believe the templates that our host gives us as options has either of these options.
Something to keep in mind, but I don't believe these are doable with our current host.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

I take a couple of days off the boards and this happens! I'll be back in a week to see what else you guys can do....

Just awesome!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I just went under user control panel and board preferences then display options, I know some of you may have done this in the past but turning off avatars and changing the thread posts to descending so now the latest post is always first on the first page.
I think I like it.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I gave Shel's little orange box a try yesterday, and I can honestly say I can see why he uses it all the time. It's a very easy way to go into a thread and go directly to the first post that you haven't read. If anyone doesn't do it, just click on that orange box next to the thread title sometime and see where it takes you. Thanks Shel!!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:I just went under user control panel and board preferences then display options, I know some of you may have done this in the past but turning off avatars and changing the thread posts to descending so now the latest post is always first on the first page.
I think I like it.
No avatars/sigs is a must for reading the boards, I won't do it without it lol.

Your 2nd part, you mean the newest post shows at the top of a thread? On page 1? I'm very confused, but intrigued. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Whittness10 wrote:I gave Shel's little orange box a try yesterday, and I can honestly say I can see why he uses it all the time. It's a very easy way to go into a thread and go directly to the first post that you haven't read. If anyone doesn't do it, just click on that orange box next to the thread title sometime and see where it takes you. Thanks Shel!!!
Thanks for joining the revolution!!!

I got my icon. Thabeet won a bet. Whit likes this new way of viewing posts. Everyone is a winner!!!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

shel311 wrote:
Whittness10 wrote:I gave Shel's little orange box a try yesterday, and I can honestly say I can see why he uses it all the time. It's a very easy way to go into a thread and go directly to the first post that you haven't read. If anyone doesn't do it, just click on that orange box next to the thread title sometime and see where it takes you. Thanks Shel!!!
Thanks for joining the revolution!!!

I got my icon. Thabeet won a bet. Whit likes this new way of viewing posts. Everyone is a winner!!!

For the record, I joined your little revolution too!

And yes, the second part means that by default, the threads show you posts in Ascending order.
So the first post that started a thread is the first post on page one and the newest/latest post in a thread is on page whatever....

If you change it to descending, the first post is on the bottom of however many pages that particular thread has and the newest/latest post is always the first post on page 1.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

- I'm not seeing this orange icon, where is it?

- When I click view new posts, I'd like to see which forum the post is posted in. As we start developing leagues and have topics such as "Draft Thread" it would help to quickly see whether or not it's relevant to something I care about.
PSN: ReignOnU
AntDogg1963
Reactions:

Post by AntDogg1963 »

Looks great guys. Thanks for the work y'all put into it!
Season 11: Temple 3-9
Season 12: Georgia Tech 4-8
Season 13: Troy 5-7
Season 14: Troy
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

ReignOnU wrote:- I'm not seeing this orange icon, where is it?

- When I click view new posts, I'd like to see which forum the post is posted in. As we start developing leagues and have topics such as "Draft Thread" it would help to quickly see whether or not it's relevant to something I care about.
The box is just to the left of the thread title. But it only works if there are posts that are unread. Once you read all the posts, the little box goes away.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Whittness10 wrote:

The box is just to the left of the thread title. But it only works if there are posts that are unread. Once you read all the posts, the little box goes away.

Got it. Appreciate that explanation. I like it.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

1. The orange icon to the left of the thread title.

2. Freaky, I was just coming here to post that. On the old forums when viewing unread posts, you could see which section each thread was in. Peay's "You want entertainment" thread made me think of it. It would be nice to know if that thread is in the female forums before I click on it :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I updated the first post with this info.

I will follow up with holmey tonight.
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

New look is fucking dope.

I have some questions about the overall goals of our community now. Should we start recruiting people to join and such? Has anything changed on how we've been self organizing leagues and stuff?

I may be looking too far into at this point, so ignore me if this is too off topic.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

VTrunNgun wrote:New look is fucking dope.

I have some questions about the overall goals of our community now. Should we start recruiting people to join and such? Has anything changed on how we've been self organizing leagues and stuff?

I may be looking too far into at this point, so ignore me if this is too off topic.

You are not off topic.
As far as recruiting, I believe we are only doing that on an as needed basis by the individual leagues that are being ran.
If they are short and need folks.

As far as having someone join, we do NOT want this to turn into Lobby crap. Meaning, no matter what league or game, we still want people that will fit the NDL way. Play straight up, legit style gaming no matter what game.
If you do get someone to join, we just ask that you reach out to an admin as soon as they register, so we can activate their ID and we will ask that they post in the league introduction thread stating who invited them to be part of the NDL so we know who is vouching for them.

And nothing has changed as far as the self organizing of leagues and such.
It is on an as wanted basis.

If you have something you want to start up, put the idea out there and we will see what the opinions are for it.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Can we also get the "view new posts" link on the page that comes up after we submit a post?

Sometimes it's nice to be able to just click that rather than wait for the new page to load. I've just always been used to it being there.

If not, no biggie.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61

Return to “League Introductions”