Recipes

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Recipes

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Now that we are much older, I am sure some of you guys have some great recipes to pass on.

I made some salmon last Friday that was pretty damn good.

Sweet & Tangy Salmon w/ Wild Rice and Green Beans

4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed

Preheat oven to 425°. Place fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small skillet, melt butter; stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, oil, pepper and salt. Brush just under a half of the mixture over salmon.

Place green beans in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. Arrange green beans around fillets around outside of pan and cook for 5 minutes before placing Salmon on pan. Roast until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and green beans are crisp-tender, 14-16 minutes

I made wild rice to go with this and placed the salmon on a bed of rice with the beans on the side.

Wife isn't a huge fan of Salmon but she said she would 100% eat this again.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Recipes

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I do not cook my steaks any other way. You'll need a gas stove and cast iron, otherwise your pan will not get hot enough. I also had rosemary with the thyme.

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Most of my recipes are better made with a cast-iron and gas stove. If you don't have a gas stove you can use your grill.

Made split chicken breasts last night over a bed of cubed sweet potatoes.

2 or 3 split chicken breast
couple of tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper to taste
dried thyme
dried rosemary
2 medium sweet potatoes - cubed to around 3/4"
1 medium red onion - cubed
6 whole cloves of garlic - Next time I'll use the whole bulb
1/2 cup of white wine

pre-heat oven to 375
Salt and Pepper the chicken liberally on both sides. Also add dried thyme and rosemarry
heat pan on high and throw a couple of tablespoons of butter in there.
once butter is melted, place breast skin side down until crispy, around 4-5 minutes and then flip and cook same amount on bottom of breast
place cubed potatoes, whole garlic cloves and red onion in a large baking dish, or if you have a 12"-14" cast iron put them in there.
Place chicken on top of potatoes, garlic and red onion.
cook at 375 for 50 minutes. Once internal temperature of chicken reaches 160 degrees turn off oven and turn on broiler for 4-5 minutes to crisp the chicken and caramelize the onions a little more

ImageImageImage
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

marinated chicken breast in the air fryer for 24 minutes is amazing
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

plasma1896 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:58 pm marinated chicken breast in the air fryer for 24 minutes is amazing
my oven doubles as an airfryer. I've only used it once to reheat some wings
ImageImageImage
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Funny enough we had steak last night, I happen to watch that Gordon Ramsay video you posted yesterday afternoon and implemented the technique. Turned out excellent, and I'm normally not a big steak guy
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Weasel wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:06 pm Funny enough we had steak last night, I happen to watch that Gordon Ramsay video you posted yesterday afternoon and implemented the technique. Turned out excellent, and I'm normally not a big steak guy
Glad they turned out. I don't even like going to steak restaurants anymore because they just don't taste this good half the time. I will say, I normally set off the smoke detector when cooking steaks because I get my pan so hot it smokes before even throwing on the steaks
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Gordon Ramsay's scrambled eggs technique changed my life. He teaches it at the end of his first Hot Ones interview.

I've been doing a ton of sous vide cooking the past year and a half, I swear by it. Love throwing a ribeye or strip steak in there for two hours at 134 degrees, then 90 seconds on each side in a hot cast-iron skillet with butter, perfect medium every time.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

jsence2 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:48 pm Gordon Ramsay's scrambled eggs technique changed my life. He teaches it at the end of his first Hot Ones interview.

I've been doing a ton of sous vide cooking the past year and a half, I swear by it. Love throwing a ribeye or strip steak in there for two hours at 134 degrees, then 90 seconds on each side in a hot cast-iron skillet with butter, perfect medium every time.
Can't do Sous Vide. I've seen what it looks like before you "finish" it on a skillet. Big NOPE for me. I'd rather cook my own meat the "right" way
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

And what is the egg technique? I know he says you shouldn't salt your eggs till they are done, and you should fold in butter at the end as well.
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:23 pm
jsence2 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:48 pm Gordon Ramsay's scrambled eggs technique changed my life. He teaches it at the end of his first Hot Ones interview.

Can't do Sous Vide. I've seen what it looks like before you "finish" it on a skillet. Big NOPE for me. I'd rather cook my own meat the "right" way
Fair enough but when you live someplace where you can't have a grill, you gotta do what you gotta do :lol:

Btw, you might not want to order steak or chicken at a fancy restaurant anytime soon.

jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:24 pm And what is the egg technique? I know he says you shouldn't salt your eggs till they are done, and you should fold in butter at the end as well.
this is a great breakdown of it. I'd watch the whole episode (it's amazing) but the link starts it at the eggs.

https://youtu.be/U9DyHthJ6LA?t=1557

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

jsence2 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:57 pm

Fair enough but when you live someplace where you can't have a grill, you gotta do what you gotta do :lol:

Btw, you might not want to order steak or chicken at a fancy restaurant anytime soon.
I don't have a grill. I live and die by my cast irons on the gas stove. It is the one requirement for when I buy a house, it must have gas hookup. Not necessarily a gas line ran to the kitchen as I can do that myself but must have a gas line running to the house somewhere.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

jsence2 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:00 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:24 pm And what is the egg technique? I know he says you shouldn't salt your eggs till they are done, and you should fold in butter at the end as well.
this is a great breakdown of it. I'd watch the whole episode (it's amazing) but the link starts it at the eggs.

https://youtu.be/U9DyHthJ6LA?t=1557
yep, I do mine that way when making scrambled eggs. Only thing different is I use some heavy cream in there as well. Makes them fluffy as hell
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:49 pm
jsence2 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:57 pm

I don't have a grill. I live and die by my cast irons on the gas stove. It is the one requirement for when I buy a house, it must have gas hookup. Not necessarily a gas line ran to the kitchen as I can do that myself but must have a gas line running to the house somewhere.

Out here in the country, some houses have a big 300 gallon gas tank out in their back yard and they get it filled once a year or so.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”