Stocks

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Stocks

Post by The_Niddler »

I recently signed up for a Robinhood account and they give you completely free transactions to buy and sell stock.
Anyone have any suggestions on stocks to buy?

I am not asking Dave for insider information, I am asking the general "NDL Public" if you have any that you suggest to invest in?
I have a couple I am looking at, but not sure yet.

My thought is, why not help each other out?

Is there something wrong with doing this? Why hasn't this all been discussed before?
Has it and I just didn't pay attention?

Let me know your thoughts.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: Stocks

Post by Weasel »

Why not just buy into an index fund? I personally wouldnt recommend day trading for the lay person. Keep in mind, everytime you buy or sell something, theres a guy like Dave on the other end doing this shit for a living. To come out ahead, youll have to beat him TWICE, when you buy and when you sell. Just a thought.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

WWE Stock. thank me later.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Weasel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:34 pm Why not just buy into an index fund? I personally wouldnt recommend day trading for the lay person. Keep in mind, everytime you buy or sell something, theres a guy like Dave on the other end doing this shit for a living. To come out ahead, youll have to beat him TWICE, when you buy and when you sell. Just a thought.
Huh?
How am I competing against Dave?
Honest question, if you buy low and sell high, you win, how does that have anything to do with Dave?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nick wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:41 pm WWE Stock. thank me later.
Thanks, I will watch it.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

The_Niddler wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:52 pm
Weasel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:34 pm Why not just buy into an index fund? I personally wouldnt recommend day trading for the lay person. Keep in mind, everytime you buy or sell something, theres a guy like Dave on the other end doing this shit for a living. To come out ahead, youll have to beat him TWICE, when you buy and when you sell. Just a thought.
Huh?
Honest question, if you buy low and sell high, you win, how does that have anything to do with Dave?
My point is, when you buy or sell, there is someone on the other end of that transaction. Guys like Dave who run hedge funds, have an insane amount of resources, and do this all day and night. Who do you think is going to win that more often than not? Buy low, sell high sounds really easy. I would recommend you try and honestly track your returns with a ledger using "fake" money. Check your results a couple months later. Were your returns any better than the general market?
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

As a newb I would def buy indexes like the Dow Jones, SPX, or Nasdaq until you further get a grasp for it. And for the love of Jesus do not use leverage to start.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Can’t wait to become a billionaire from Ndl stocks
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Weasel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:20 pm
The_Niddler wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:52 pm
Huh?
My point is, when you buy or sell, there is someone on the other end of that transaction. Guys like Dave who run hedge funds, have an insane amount of resources, and do this all day and night. Who do you think is going to win that more often than not? Buy low, sell high sounds really easy. I would recommend you try and honestly track your returns with a ledger using "fake" money. Check your results a couple months later. Were your returns any better than the general market?

I am not saying it is easy at all, I was just confused when you talked about competing against someone like Dave.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

My man Billy O'neil. I haven't personally traded in like 7 years yet have read/skimmed that book 2-3 times since
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

someon TLDR that for me?

im fairly certain ive asked Dave no less than 45 times about help. I owe him a beer case or three
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

In all seriousness Dave’s the goat.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

It is this scenario for me. I have a 401k from work, so I am looking to invest in individual stocks.
Thank you for the recommendation of the book.
I have it and need to read it.
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

Not fully related, but anyone have any preferred crypto exchange sites? I wanted to throw some spare cash in and see where it goes.

Brand new to it, so my starting point of knowledge is zero.
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

NCSUholmey wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:57 pm Not fully related, but anyone have any preferred crypto exchange sites? I wanted to throw some spare cash in and see where it goes.

Coinbase and Robinhood are the easiest to use.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

sixpackdan101 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:45 pm
NCSUholmey wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:57 pm Not fully related, but anyone have any preferred crypto exchange sites? I wanted to throw some spare cash in and see where it goes.

Coinbase and Robinhood are the easiest to use.
Those are the 2 I use and they are really simple.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Dave laughing in his expensive chair with a cat sitting on his desk.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

There have been multiple reports/studies (even going back to the days of Peter Lynch) that have suggested that a retail trader, a monkey, and an establishment guy all generally hit at the same rate.

I'm sure there is a way to look at it where you could say a professional has a better slugging percentage (for a quick analogy) but it's not like the regular Joe is totally handicapped, especially if they play longer.

Or to quote the renowned scholar Reuben Tishkoff: "What, you think the stock market's some great mystery beyond the realm of human understanding? Didn't you see the signs? I saw the signs."
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

I out $10 in Robinhood about 3 yrs ago cuz it had free trades. Bought some penny stock and watched it for about a year, made it to close to $20. Forgot about it for about a year and saw it was down to $5. Sold it, bought 34 shares of ZOM at .10 and since November it has climbed to $1.89 as of today and predicted to climb another dollar or 2 by end of March or early April.

I, too, have no idea about stocks but it does fill good to see my $3.40 climb to $65 and still rising.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Coulda worked 3 hours and made $65

Return to “Off Topic Forum”