Forum Issues

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Forum Issues

Post by The_Niddler »

I know this has been posted elsewhere, but I wanted to provide an update to you guys.

Holmey got the forums upgraded completely now, so we are safe as far as them going away or moving to a different website.
All thanks to Holmey, without him, the NDL forums would have been dead a long time ago.

I worked on importing the images for each thread.
I may have went overboard putting an image for each one, but I was kind of proud of myself that I figured out how. lol

If you guys have any ideas, please let me know. I will research if it is an option with phpbb.

Future enhancements:
1. Looking to give the ability to "Like" posts.

Current Issues:
1. Spoilers - Working as of 3/25/2020, but you can only display the first one in the post, if your post has more than 1 spoiler. Still being investigated
2. Deleting PMs - You cannot delete any PMs. You receive an error that the formatting is incorrect.
3. Some threads, do not have a reply box at the bottom of them. You have to click on Post reply to get it to show up. Not a big deal as you still have the ability to post a reply, just fyi.

Fixed Issues:
YouTube Code - Working as of 3/25/2020. Different than before in that you have to now paste in the entire YouTube URL, but it is working.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: Forum Issues

Post by The_Niddler »

I bumped it up to allow 100 private messages for now until Holmey lets me know something about it.
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

I was just able to delete an old PM that was in my box, anyone have a detailed description of what it is doing? Can maybe run it by the phpbb forum and see if anyone else was having the issue.

Assuming that it doesnt matter, but I am using Google Chrome when I deleted a PM
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

NCSUholmey wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:02 pm I was just able to delete an old PM that was in my box, anyone have a detailed description of what it is doing? Can maybe run it by the phpbb forum and see if anyone else was having the issue.

Assuming that it doesnt matter, but I am using Google Chrome when I deleted a PM
I am on a MacBook using safari. I just tried once again and I get a message saying "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

This has been the case for over a month
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

NCSUholmey wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:02 pm I was just able to delete an old PM that was in my box, anyone have a detailed description of what it is doing? Can maybe run it by the phpbb forum and see if anyone else was having the issue.

I believe once you hit 50 (old limit) you couldn't delete them anymore.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Nor could you receive any once you hit the limit
ImageImageImage
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

I found this on the phpbb website, deleting PMs is a known issue.
Problem: Unable to delete or mark PMs in UCP folder view #
It is not possible to delete or mark PMs while in the UCP's folder view.

Solution:
Delete the PM while in the PM view and not the folder view.

or apply the following code changes:
Ticket: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16296
Pull Request: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5821/files
I am a little rusty on getting that deep in the programming, i think when I deleted from the PM view was when it worked and when i did it from the folder view just now it failed.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

This works for me too.
So when you are sitting at your list of PMs, you cannot select multiple and delete from there, you have to go into the PM, like you are reading it and click on the X to delete it from within.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”