COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:02 pm
nick wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 pm If humans didn’t have disease and aging, the average human would live to be 8000.
What would they die of at 8000 years old?
Not natural (car crash, falls, etc etc)
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I feel like I would die of an accident WAY sooner than 8000 years
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Weasel wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:49 pm I feel like I would die of an accident WAY sooner than 8000 years
If you can make it to ~200, we'll all just be living in The Matrix after that anyway.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

The former president (Donald Trump) revealed to former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly Sunday evening he has received a COVID-19 booster shot.

all you need to know about Ivermectin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:12 am The former president (Donald Trump) revealed to former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly Sunday evening he has received a COVID-19 booster shot.

all you need to know about Ivermectin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not a good look on you, put the pipe down.

He's old and overweight, why wouldn't he get the booster?
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

why wouldnt he get ivermectin?
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I don't believe Trump tried to get anyone to believe that COVID wasn't real, I believe he wanted everyone to believe that it isn't serious. That's where you get the anti-COVID vax folks feeling that it should be a choice, rather than a mandate. Trump getting vaccine shots to me is just as much fake news as anything else. Omicron shows promise that the virus has gotten to a point that it won't kill everyone, it will just get you sick.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

It feels like omicron is our best chance to get to hers immunity.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:31 am I don't believe Trump tried to get anyone to believe that COVID wasn't real, I believe he wanted everyone to believe that it isn't serious. That's where you get the anti-COVID vax folks feeling that it should be a choice, rather than a mandate. Trump getting vaccine shots to me is just as much fake news as anything else. Omicron shows promise that the virus has gotten to a point that it won't kill everyone, it will just get you sick.
honest question.....

Had Trump won the election do you think democrats would be acting like republicans now with vaccination hesitancy? I ask, because of what Biden/Harris both said before being elected about "Trump's Vaccine"

South African doctor went on CNN and said it is much safer than the Delta variant. If I was feeling like doing some research I bet I could find on the CDC website that cases are going up but hospitalizations are not increasing at the same rate as cases. Give it a couple of months when Delta starts to faze out and Omicron becomes the dominant version you'll see very little hospitalizations
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

https://twitter.com/celinegounder/statu ... tKKzQ&s=19
- 3+ billion Omicron infections over the next 3 months globally
- % asymptomatic infections will go from 40% to 90% (many will be missed)
- infection fatality rate 97-99% lower for Omicron than Delta
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:45 pm https://twitter.com/celinegounder/statu ... tKKzQ&s=19
- 3+ billion Omicron infections over the next 3 months globally
- % asymptomatic infections will go from 40% to 90% (many will be missed)
- infection fatality rate 97-99% lower for Omicron than Delta
But...........

We have to mask up and shut down to stop the new variant. This is nothing more than a power move by democrats in charge. They will soon learn in 11 months this was not the rout to take
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Aged like milk
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:28 pm Image
And that many more deaths with 70% of Americans vaccinated....

Goes back to the narrative that the media wanted to push to get rid of Trump. The proof is right there in front of the blind that refuse to see it
ImageImageImage
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:18 am
cougnix wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:31 am I don't believe Trump tried to get anyone to believe that COVID wasn't real, I believe he wanted everyone to believe that it isn't serious. That's where you get the anti-COVID vax folks feeling that it should be a choice, rather than a mandate. Trump getting vaccine shots to me is just as much fake news as anything else. Omicron shows promise that the virus has gotten to a point that it won't kill everyone, it will just get you sick.
honest question.....

Had Trump won the election do you think democrats would be acting like republicans now with vaccination hesitancy? I ask, because of what Biden/Harris both said before being elected about "Trump's Vaccine"

South African doctor went on CNN and said it is much safer than the Delta variant. If I was feeling like doing some research I bet I could find on the CDC website that cases are going up but hospitalizations are not increasing at the same rate as cases. Give it a couple of months when Delta starts to faze out and Omicron becomes the dominant version you'll see very little hospitalizations
I'm hesitant to comment here. However, I hope you are right. We have 8 members out with Covid. I'd say 5 are vaccinated. It don't matter. Vaccinated means reduced symptoms etc. its not a true vaccination etc. We all know that. I got the vaccination due to my profession and Im 45yrs old. Ill say in the last week we are running 15 of our 30 calls for service are for Covid related illness. Of those 15, 2-4 are critical and are unvaccinated. (not a question we ask but are told.) 90% of the patients in our ICU at the local hospital are unvaccinated. (Listen i believe its a choice for whats best for you, just providing facts from north central ohio) Was at the Columbus Zoo yesterday, met up with a Columbus Fireman that worked at my dept before leaving. he said numerous members off with covid. The Hospitals are full per him. and they just don't have the staff. Same here......we have bonus's etc to come into work. A medic i work with at the ED and the FD went in the other day was making 80 dollars an hour. Thats crazy. But we just can't keep the staff here, everyone is leaving. Thats another problem no one is talking about.........

Sorry for the long response, as always i respect everyones opinion on Covid. just reporting on what I'm seeing here in North Central Ohio. So don't hate on me. hahahaha. Hope you all are well and stay safe.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

buckeye76 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:10 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:18 am
honest question.....

I'm hesitant to comment here. However, I hope you are right. We have 8 members out with Covid. I'd say 5 are vaccinated. It don't matter. Vaccinated means reduced symptoms etc. its not a true vaccination etc. We all know that. I got the vaccination due to my profession and Im 45yrs old. Ill say in the last week we are running 15 of our 30 calls for service are for Covid related illness. Of those 15, 2-4 are critical and are unvaccinated. (not a question we ask but are told.) 90% of the patients in our ICU at the local hospital are unvaccinated. (Listen i believe its a choice for whats best for you, just providing facts from north central ohio) Was at the Columbus Zoo yesterday, met up with a Columbus Fireman that worked at my dept before leaving. he said numerous members off with covid. The Hospitals are full per him. and they just don't have the staff. Same here......we have bonus's etc to come into work. A medic i work with at the ED and the FD went in the other day was making 80 dollars an hour. Thats crazy. But we just can't keep the staff here, everyone is leaving. Thats another problem no one is talking about.........

Sorry for the long response, as always i respect everyones opinion on Covid. just reporting on what I'm seeing here in North Central Ohio. So don't hate on me. hahahaha. Hope you all are well and stay safe.
I don't care if people get the poke or not, none of my business to be honest. I'm vaccinated and got COVID afterwards, mild flu whereas my sister-in-law vax'd and booster was damn near heading to the hospital cuz she was so bad.. My point was that this vaccine is so politicized right now, whichever party was in office right now the opposing party would oppose the vaccine.

with all these covid responses from your fire house, how many are old? Is your area of northern Ohio mostly Republican? Just curious of the demographics as it ties into what I was saying above
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

buckeye76 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:10 am I'm hesitant to comment here. However, I hope you are right. We have 8 members out with Covid. I'd say 5 are vaccinated. It don't matter. Vaccinated means reduced symptoms etc. its not a true vaccination etc. We all know that. I got the vaccination due to my profession and Im 45yrs old. Ill say in the last week we are running 15 of our 30 calls for service are for Covid related illness. Of those 15, 2-4 are critical and are unvaccinated. (not a question we ask but are told.) 90% of the patients in our ICU at the local hospital are unvaccinated. (Listen i believe its a choice for whats best for you, just providing facts from north central ohio) Was at the Columbus Zoo yesterday, met up with a Columbus Fireman that worked at my dept before leaving. he said numerous members off with covid. The Hospitals are full per him. and they just don't have the staff. Same here......we have bonus's etc to come into work. A medic i work with at the ED and the FD went in the other day was making 80 dollars an hour. Thats crazy. But we just can't keep the staff here, everyone is leaving. Thats another problem no one is talking about.........

If you're a vaccinated nurse right now, you can damn near name your own pay rate. It's a catch 22 for hospitals right now, because they are short on nurses, so they are over paying them ($100+ per hour in many cases locally for contract work). But when they do that, a lot of nurses are opting to work reduced hours as well.

The areas that I work in (specialty pharma, infusion, and orphan drugs) are experiencing the nasty ripple effects of it. Many of our therapies require nurses for treatment and we can't keep the positions staffed either, so we're having to go with more 3rd party contracts. Nursing is by far our largest YOY % increase. 2022 is going to be an adventure for us with this issue and the upcoming issues with Ig shortages.
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

nurses should make the equivalent of $100/hour (based on their area) in general but thats an argument for another day.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:16 pm nurses should make the equivalent of $100/hour (based on their area) in general but thats an argument for another day.
They should make whatever the market rate is and whatever an organization is willing to pay them.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I forgot America is paid to be saved.. up here we got universal health care so the nurses and shit are pretty much unionized and paid well for their services. Every nurse in the network makes 100k+ (well in Toronto)

Return to “Off Topic Forum”