COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Whittness10 »

Our value stream manager in our plant (fully vaccinated, plus the booster shot) tested positive last Wednesday. Now the entire management team, and 3 production employees, are on quarantine. Good thing I'm in Quality and I have my own lab, so I can mind my own business. And on Tuesday he was handing out Subway lunches to everyone in the plant. I thought we were all told this vaccine would put an end to all this nonsense.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

My employer started handing out COVID vaccine prizes this week. Someone won 100k in our plant and in my workgroup we had a 5k winner.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Whittness10 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 pm Our value stream manager in our plant (fully vaccinated, plus the booster shot) tested positive last Wednesday. Now the entire management team, and 3 production employees, are on quarantine. Good thing I'm in Quality and I have my own lab, so I can mind my own business. And on Tuesday he was handing out Subway lunches to everyone in the plant. I thought we were all told this vaccine would put an end to all this nonsense.
The vaccines significantly cut death rate, number of severe hospitalizations, and overall severity of symptoms.

It's been quite obvious for a while that they don't provide complete prevention of transmission, but they don't need to. If we actually got to a herd immunity level of vaccination we could lift restrictions because the number of severe cases would still be low and we wouldn't be dealing with the same number of deaths or impacts to the medical care system. But, since we're still at just 60%, we're stuck with dumb rules to protect the other 40%.

So in your case, if vaccination rates were high enough, there wouldn't be a need to quarantine because further transmission of Covid wouldn't be a severe impact. Only employees that end up sick would stay home, as they would (or should) normally.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

dakshdar wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:56 pm we could lift restrictions
Restrictions have been lifted in my neck of the woods for months.

Texas4lyfe!!!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

shel311 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:18 pm
dakshdar wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:56 pm we could lift restrictions
Restrictions have been lifted in my neck of the woods for months.

Texas4lyfe!!!
It would be nice if we could lift them everywhere and at the national level as well (for travel).

Plus, Kyrie really wants to come back and disrupt the Nets season.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Other than my trip to Florida, I've worn a mask 2x since June. Both times going to a doctor's office.
PSN: ReignOnU
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

dakshdar wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:56 pm
Whittness10 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 pm Our value stream manager in our plant (fully vaccinated, plus the booster shot) tested positive last Wednesday. Now the entire management team, and 3 production employees, are on quarantine. Good thing I'm in Quality and I have my own lab, so I can mind my own business. And on Tuesday he was handing out Subway lunches to everyone in the plant. I thought we were all told this vaccine would put an end to all this nonsense.
The vaccines significantly cut death rate, number of severe hospitalizations, and overall severity of symptoms.

It's been quite obvious for a while that they don't provide complete prevention of transmission, but they don't need to. If we actually got to a herd immunity level of vaccination we could lift restrictions because the number of severe cases would still be low and we wouldn't be dealing with the same number of deaths or impacts to the medical care system. But, since we're still at just 60%, we're stuck with dumb rules to protect the other 40%.

So in your case, if vaccination rates were high enough, there wouldn't be a need to quarantine because further transmission of Covid wouldn't be a severe impact. Only employees that end up sick would stay home, as they would (or should) normally.
Another wrinkle to our situation is that everyone that has been quarantining since last Thursday because of the manager that got Covid, we all had it at the same time back in August. They all weren't able to go test until Monday night at 6:30, but still aren't allowed to come back in until tomorrow, even if they are negative. Someone please explain that one to me.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

That's a bad work policy it seems.

Believe if we have a contact trace exposure or suspected symptoms you're allowed back at work with a negative non-pcr test (assuming symptoms are also gone).
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

That's the way it was when I had it. We had to wait the 5 days from exposure to get tested. If negative, go back to work. If positive, then 10-14 days and come back when symptoms are gone. Not the case this time for some reason. Their inconsistent handling of each case has been very frustrating to many around here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 pm
shel311 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:27 pm New York Governor Andrew Cuomo will receive an Emmy for his leadership during the pandemic.

New York has the 2nd highest Deaths per 1 million out of the 50 US states.
Does Cuomo get to keep his Emmy now that everything is unraveling and he may be up for impeachment as it appears he covered up the death count in nursing homes by 50% and his own secretary to the Governor stated directly that they undercounted due to fear of a backlash?

I'm only worried about the important stuff...does he keep that Emmy!!
I can't speak for the Emmy but it was decided today that he has to return the $5.1 million he made off the book he wrote on handling the pandemic.

New York’s ethics watchdog panel ordered disgraced ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo to return the $5.1 million in profits from his pandemic book deal to the state next month.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:15 pm
shel311 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 pm
shel311 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:27 pm New York Governor Andrew Cuomo will receive an Emmy for his leadership during the pandemic.

New York has the 2nd highest Deaths per 1 million out of the 50 US states.
Does Cuomo get to keep his Emmy now that everything is unraveling and he may be up for impeachment as it appears he covered up the death count in nursing homes by 50% and his own secretary to the Governor stated directly that they undercounted due to fear of a backlash?

I'm only worried about the important stuff...does he keep that Emmy!!
I can't speak for the Emmy but it was decided today that he has to return the $5.1 million he made off the book he wrote on handling the pandemic.

New York’s ethics watchdog panel ordered disgraced ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo to return the $5.1 million in profits from his pandemic book deal to the state next month.
Why does he have to return the funds for his book? Doesn't make sense to me
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Something with some ethics committee had to approve him being allowed to profit off of it. And how they're taking it back.

I don't begin to understand it but I guess it has to do with him being in office and requiring that approval.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

plus hes a piece of shit so fuck him
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:09 am plus hes a piece of shit so fuck him
This we agree on!
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:01 am Something with some ethics committee had to approve him being allowed to profit off of it. And how they're taking it back.

I don't begin to understand it but I guess it has to do with him being in office and requiring that approval.
Makes sense....he should have waited till he was a civilian and not in government before releasing the book........wait, we all learned he was a dipshit and hid deaths so that wouldn't work either
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:12 pm https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ts/360089/

Immortality awaits
I'd opt out of that shit
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

If humans didn’t have disease and aging, the average human would live to be 8000.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

nick wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 pm If humans didn’t have disease and aging, the average human would live to be 8000.
At that point we'd really need the purge.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 pm If humans didn’t have disease and aging, the average human would live to be 8000.
What would they die of at 8000 years old?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”