COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by LetsGoPeay »

We had the husband of one of our elementary teachers just die from covid. He was such a vehement covid denier that he refused to go to the hospital even while coughing up blood. He passed away in the car as his wife drove him to the hospital when he was too weak to stand. He was 37 years old. Unvaccinated of course.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Hope your mom has a full recovery Shel
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

hoping shel's mom is doing well.

took 18 months but i think ya boy finally got it. Although it could just be a regular cold. gonna go get tested 2moro.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 pm hoping shel's mom is doing well.
Thanks. The Covid symptoms never progressed. They're still there, but just really mild...coughing and general bod aches.

Only problem, my Mom fell while in the hospital and broke her pelvis and her back and now needs back surgery.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:36 pm
nick wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 pm hoping shel's mom is doing well.
Thanks. The Covid symptoms never progressed. They're still there, but just really mild...coughing and general bod aches.

Only problem, my Mom fell while in the hospital and broke her pelvis and her back and now needs back surgery.

Daaaamn
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Gotta go in for a test tomorrow. Have been feeling like shit the last 2 days, no shortness of breath though. But most of the other boxes checked as far as symptoms go. I wanna say it's just the flu but gotta be sure, especially with Latent TB.

One of they symptoms is diarrhea, I have Severe IBS....I get worried when I have a solid shit
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

did a home test and it's positive. Stupid COVID! Still can taste and no shortness of breath
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

rest up and feel better.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:13 pm rest up and feel better.
Thanks brother. So far it's nothing more than a mild flu as far as symptoms. Hopefully it never progresses past that
ImageImageImage
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I never lost my taste, but I lost smell for a long time. I also had very minor symptoms until I woke up one morning and felt like I tried to squat 600 lbs. Very minor fever for two days. I also took Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine in addition to my usual Zinc intake. My wife started doing the same as soon as I tested positive, and when she got it she kicked all her symptoms in 3 days.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Whittness10 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:00 pm I never lost my taste, but I lost smell for a long time. I also had very minor symptoms until I woke up one morning and felt like I tried to squat 600 lbs. Very minor fever for two days. I also took Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine in addition to my usual Zinc intake. My wife started doing the same as soon as I tested positive, and when she got it she kicked all her symptoms in 3 days.
I'm going tomorrow to get the monoclonal antibodies infusion. Has the horse de-wormer and something else in it. Supposed to work well so we will see
ImageImageImage
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:06 pm
Whittness10 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:00 pm I never lost my taste, but I lost smell for a long time. I also had very minor symptoms until I woke up one morning and felt like I tried to squat 600 lbs. Very minor fever for two days. I also took Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine in addition to my usual Zinc intake. My wife started doing the same as soon as I tested positive, and when she got it she kicked all her symptoms in 3 days.
I'm going tomorrow to get the monoclonal antibodies infusion. Has the horse de-wormer and something else in it. Supposed to work well so we will see
Skip the horse dewormer. That only comes in a paste.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

No smell or taste. Smell went first and then about a half hour later I couldn't taste anything. Just be a perfect time to go on a juice diet with all that nasty ass kale and s*** so I don't have to taste it
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

George did you ever get the shot?
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:01 am George did you ever get the shot?
Yep, in May. I wasn't going to get it but after enough research about COVID and Tuberculosis I decided I had to get the shot

My sister in law got her booster on Saturday and she got it as well.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Took the dog for a walk this morning. Felt fine at the beginning but hot damn, 1/2 mile into it and heart starts racing and my legs felt like jello. Legs haven't felt like that since the Army after a 12 mile ruck march or a 6 mile run at altitude in Colorado. Got home and checked the oxygen saturation and heart rate and oxygen was steady around 98% and heart rate was 108 and then went down to 74 after a minute of deep breathing.

Other than that though, I feel like a champ. still a slight congestion in the head, no shortness of breath, body aches or chills.
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

In the style of all the other shows out right now, "What if...?"

Wonder how you would be doing without a shot?
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:53 pm In the style of all the other shows out right now, "What if...?"

Wonder how you would be doing without a shot?
I'd be doing just the same without the shot is my guess. I am still a pretty healthy guy. The only reason I got the shot was because I have latent TB and if the TB activated it could be pretty bad. But the odds of the TB going active is pretty low. Either way, wasn't going to chance it because I have a family to worry about and the side effects of the shot are pretty low as far as we know right now.
ImageImageImage
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Going off of my experience with it, you most likely would've had a fever for a few days and body aches in addition to what you're currently experiencing.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Whittness10 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 am Going off of my experience with it, you most likely would've had a fever for a few days and body aches in addition to what you're currently experiencing.
I never had a fever but had the body aches.

My sister in law got hit hard with it, but she is immune-compromised as she has lupus. She got her booster shot a week ago and then tested positive 4 days later. I called around and found a place we could get our monoclonal antibody infusion sooner than the scheduled day. I think she would have definitely had to go to the hospital had she not got that infusion.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”