COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

Anyone have any side effects or whatever after taking it?

I took the Johnson and Johnson one yesterday afternoon, and everything was going fine, then about 1 hour ago today I started getting the sleepy/achy feeling like you would when you first start getting sick or getting the flu. So that stinks.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ajalves wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm we don't have a problem down here in the south of businesses not being open. It's pretty much a free for all down here. Those same businesses are actually extra short staffed and cant find people wanting work with all the money the government is throwing at them ( thats what I was told at least)

To the point that restaurants are modifying their menus
Big issue here. We had multiple instances last week where restaurants couldn't even staff to handle their restricted seating, so they had to do take out only.
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:06 pm Anyone have any side effects or whatever after taking it?

I took the Johnson and Johnson one yesterday afternoon, and everything was going fine, then about 1 hour ago today I started getting the sleepy/achy feeling like you would when you first start getting sick or getting the flu. So that stinks.
Had COVID in Dec (tested positive, lost taste/smell for weeks, only had about 1 day that I felt like a very bad flu). My lead up to losing taste and smell, I thought I had a typical allergy/sinus thing going on.

Got J&J on Monday morning. Started getting allergy/sinus symptoms that afternoon and got a bit concerned. Tuesday I woke up with a headache/nasal drainage and popped 1000mg Tylenol. Was ok by that evening. Wed (day 2) perfectly fine. Today (day 3), perfectly fine. We'll see how the next few days go.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

We had an 80 year old lady in a nursing home that was fully vaccinated die the other day here in Omaha.

I caught a bit of Tucker Carlson last night and he was talking about the amount of deaths after someone was fully vaccinated. He cited some research company VAERS.

You'd be surprised how many have died after fully vaccinated compared to all other deaths after other vaccines

ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Ours have modified their menus since the beginning.
Limited stuff available and I was just at Chipotle up in Cleveland this weekend, signs on the doors that they were only taking online orders due to short staff.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Extremely short staffed here in Omaha. The Bar and Grill I go to was looking for 2 cooks for 3 months, they finally hired one last week.

Wife's friend said where she works has been looking for servers since January and nobody is applying.

Son works at Jimmy John's and they need drivers, but nobody is applying there either. He got a .50 cent raise because he has to work more. So he makes over $20/hr with tips delivering subs.

Until we don't give incentives to sit at home I don't see this trend going away.
ImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

ajalves wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm we don't have a problem down here in the south of businesses not being open. It's pretty much a free for all down here. Those same businesses are actually extra short staffed and cant find people wanting work with all the money the government is throwing at them ( thats what I was told at least)

It's been business as usual here in TN for quite a while. Heard a comedian refer to it as it was more of an extended weekend than a shut down. But we do have a lot of places right now struggling with keeping staff due to the government money they can collect instead of a paycheck.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Wasted Memory wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

It's been business as usual here in TN for quite a while. Heard a comedian refer to it as it was more of an extended weekend than a shut down. But we do have a lot of places right now struggling with keeping staff due to the government money they can collect instead of a paycheck.
same here in Nebraska for the most part with business. But like you said, it's easier to collect a government check than a paycheck so why go out and get a job?!?
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm We had an 80 year old lady in a nursing home that was fully vaccinated die the other day here in Omaha.

I caught a bit of Tucker Carlson last night and he was talking about the amount of deaths after someone was fully vaccinated. He cited some research company VAERS.

You'd be surprised how many have died after fully vaccinated compared to all other deaths after other vaccines

Tucker Carlson? Please. Why is anyone listening to him? VAERS is not a company.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... aths-afte/

and

https://www.businessinsider.com/infecte ... ons-2021-4

So you have a 0.008% chance of still getting COVID fully vaccinated and a 0.0001% chance of dying of Covid after being fully vaccinated.

Pre vaccine - simply as an American citizen you had a 1 in 10 chance of getting COVID and a 0.17% chance of dying from it.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:47 pm Extremely short staffed here in Omaha. The Bar and Grill I go to was looking for 2 cooks for 3 months, they finally hired one last week.

Wife's friend said where she works has been looking for servers since January and nobody is applying.

Son works at Jimmy John's and they need drivers, but nobody is applying there either. He got a .50 cent raise because he has to work more. So he makes over $20/hr with tips delivering subs.

Until we don't give incentives to sit at home I don't see this trend going away.
It's not about "sitting at home"; it is about workers 1) not wanting to risk their safety when people don't want to wear masks around them, 2) many of them having family members they need to protect, and 3) workers finally realizing that they deserve to be paid more (which they do) and get health insurance (which they do).

I would gladly pay another 2-3 bucks for a meal if I knew the money was going to people getting a living wage and not relying on tips.

Also, I've noticed that most smaller restaurants around here that take good care of their employees not only haven't lost anybody, they've stayed open and are doing great. Treat your employees like people and care about them, the loyalty shows. (One around here posted a rant on FB about throwing out a customer for screaming at a hostess about wearing his mask.) I patronize those businesses as much as I can. Chains like Chipotle, Qdoba, etc that are struggling...maybe you should do better.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm We had an 80 year old lady in a nursing home that was fully vaccinated die the other day here in Omaha.

Sorry man, I checked out the moment you said Tucker Carlson. Two minutes of fact checking can pretty much debunk anything that fraud says.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

jsence2 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:47 pm Extremely short staffed here in Omaha. The Bar and Grill I go to was looking for 2 cooks for 3 months, they finally hired one last week.

It's not about "sitting at home"; it is about workers 1) not wanting to risk their safety when people don't want to wear masks around them,
You have more faith in people thinking they'd rather work than get free money sitting at home. I highly doubt that covid is the reason any longer. People are inherently lazy, so why work for your money if you get it for free.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

humans are inherently lazy? explains our million year history of evolution.. lazy species.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 am
jsence2 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 am

It's not about "sitting at home"; it is about workers 1) not wanting to risk their safety when people don't want to wear masks around them,
You have more faith in people thinking they'd rather work than get free money sitting at home. I highly doubt that covid is the reason any longer. People are inherently lazy, so why work for your money if you get it for free.
George beat me to it.

:lol: Not about "sitting at home". We've had problems with people manipulating the welfare system long before Covid came along, but sure, it's not about people sitting at home.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

But wait I thought all jobs that are minimum wage are ment
for high school kids thus why a minimum wage increase is bad according to the right. Pretty hard for a single person with no kids to get a lot of free money 🤦

No one thinks about it but it costs a significant amount of money for a person in poverty to show up to work for poverty level wages.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Despite George, me, or surprisingly jsence even mentioning anything political you had to get that quick jab in there didn't you.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Wasted Memory wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:15 pm Despite George, me, or surprisingly jsence even mentioning anything political you had to get that quick jab in there didn't you.
Nothing political riiiiiiigggghhhttt. :lol:

Your discussing how a government stimulus program which is inherently political is hurting businesses supposedly but your not trying bring up politics.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 am It's not about "sitting at home"; it is about workers 1) not wanting to risk their safety when people don't want to wear masks around them, 2) many of them having family members they need to protect, and 3) workers finally realizing that they deserve to be paid more (which they do) and get health insurance (which they do).
Here you guys are arguing about which is it not realizing it can be both. :lol:

jsence2 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 am workers finally realizing that they deserve to be paid more (which they do)
Based on what? You deserve whatever the market bears out for that job. You don't get to deserve more "just cause"

This idea that because you work 40 hours per week at McDonald's then you should be able to make a living wage living in an average apartment/house is silly.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

dakshdar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 am

Tucker Carlson? Please. Why is anyone listening to him? VAERS is not a company.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... aths-afte/

and

https://www.businessinsider.com/infecte ... ons-2021-4

So you have a 0.008% chance of still getting COVID fully vaccinated and a 0.0001% chance of dying of Covid after being fully vaccinated.

Pre vaccine - simply as an American citizen you had a 1 in 10 chance of getting COVID and a 0.17% chance of dying from it.
I was surprised by the numbers he said and was even more surprised on how little it was reported. That makes more sense then with only 70+ people dying. I'd guess that 90% of them were elderly
ImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Crowes wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:23 pm
Wasted Memory wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:15 pm Despite George, me, or surprisingly jsence even mentioning anything political you had to get that quick jab in there didn't you.
Nothing political riiiiiiigggghhhttt. :lol:

Your discussing how a government stimulus program which is inherently political is hurting businesses supposedly but your not trying bring up politics.
You're right, I'm not, you are. Just because you want it to be political doesn't mean I do. I'm simply making a statement about my belief on why people are not returning to work.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”