COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ajalves wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:36 am got the Johnson & Johnson one time shot this weekend
My sister in law got that one and she said she felt like she was on her deathbed for 2 days.
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:57 am
ajalves wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:36 am got the Johnson & Johnson one time shot this weekend
My sister in law got that one and she said she felt like she was on her deathbed for 2 days.
got it saturday, felt pretty run down yesterday. Feel ok today though
razorback44
Reactions:

Post by razorback44 »

Has she had Covid prior?
AIM: lazydayz446
PSN: lazydayz44

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

razorback44 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:45 pm
Has she had Covid prior?
Nope! She took it because she's a teacher and her parents are in an assisted living facility
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

if you dont think Vaccines work, the total cases/day right now is the highest point again (like the 2nd peak), but if you look at the deaths theyre much lower than the 2nd peak.

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

So the Russian vaccine gives u covid. That’s why you study it
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Got my 2nd Pfizer about a month ago, it whooped my ass the day after (severe chills, then a fever of 102) and left me with severe fatigue for a couple days, but no arm pain at all (which is what I had from the first one).

I'm wondering how the third dose is going to work, and how the annual booster will work. Flu "season", you get the shot early on and you're usually fine, but since COVID is year-round....will we see huge spikes again while groups wait to get the booster every year?

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Couple of questions for the masses:

How many have gotten the vaccine here, family included (or plan to)?
The wife has gotten her first shot and gets her second shot Saturday. She has HBP and diabetes so she is at a higher risk is the reason she chose to get it. I have been blessed with great genes so far as my labs come out perfect every year. The only concern I have is that I have latent tuberculosis and if I get COVID (if I hadn't already had it without the symptoms) it could be become a shitshow for me. But as of right now I don't plan on getting it. My son has decided to trust his immune system as well.

What would you do if your kids college decided you have to be vaccinated before reentry to classes?
Right now there are multiple colleges/universities taking that path to get back to normal classroom settings. As of now, the Nebraska system of universities is not doing that. But if they did I assume that the knucklehead will still not get the vaccine and just focus on flying for the time being and go back and get his degree once things get back to normal. And I don't know how legal that could be since the vaccines are being rolled out under the Emergency Use Authorization rather than being fully FDA approved. I'm sure we will see this play out in the court systems over the next year.

Do you see this as the new normal? What does next year at this time look like? I think a lot of the hesitancy to get the vaccine is due to the EUA the vaccine is being rolled out under as well as the continuous mask mandates once you are fully vaccinated. I believe people that are not getting it now would be more apt to take the vaccine if they could go back to normal, even with the EUA. I'd actually consider taking the vaccine if we could go about our lives like we did pre-pandemic. But, with the constant restrictions, even for fully vaccinated personnel, there really is no reason to take the vaccine. At least that's the way I see it for now.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am How many have gotten the vaccine here, family included (or plan to)?
Wife has gotten both, I'm doing the 1 shot one tomorrow. Kids are 9, not getting it.
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am What would you do if your kids college decided you have to be vaccinated before reentry to classes?
Get the vaccine, I wouldn't rearrange their entire college life over this, no chance.
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am Do you see this as the new normal?
No
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am But, with the constant restrictions, even for fully vaccinated personnel, there really is no reason to take the vaccine
You literally just said in the same post you have a medical condition that could be a "shit show" if you get COVID, but you can't think of any reason to take the vaccine? :lol:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:58 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am But, with the constant restrictions, even for fully vaccinated personnel, there really is no reason to take the vaccine
You literally just said in the same post you have a medical condition that could be a "shit show" if you get COVID, but you can't think of any reason to take the vaccine? :lol:
I haven't seen anything regarding latent TB and COVID outside of "could activate the latent TB". Hell, the flu could activate latent TB. So no, that's not a reason for me to take the vaccine under an EUA rollout of the vaccine.
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

What continuous mask mandate? CDC has already dropped mandatory masks for vaccinated people outdoors unless you're in a setting with a huge number of people like a concert or parade. Both the CDC and states have been actively adjusting the rules on the necessities of masks as case numbers have decreased and vaccination numbers increased.

The idea that in a pandemic situation things can go back to "normal" instantly as soon as any individual gets their shots is a bit lazy. The only way we get back to normal is through mass vaccination. You decry the EUA usage, but the "normal" route would have taken maybe twice as long? Maybe three times? So then your get back to normal time is impacted to a much more extreme effect. You should be thanking everyone around you getting the vaccine to help things get back to normal because it was clearly not happening without it.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

1) Even if you've been vaccinated, you can still get and carry the virus--it just won't kill you, but it means you can pass it off to someone else

2) The variants are more deadly than the original, and if those keep spreading, the vaccine could save lives of even "healthy" people (who have also died, let's not forget)

3) I'm thinking it's going to require boosters for at least a few years, to help with said variants

4) The more people decide not to vaccinate, the more hosts the virus can spread to and stay alive/mutate. We need 65-70% vaccinated to get close to herd immunity and snuff it out

My biggest concern is the folks getting one shot of Moderna/Pfizer, and not going back for the second.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i was reading last night that with the new variants, America needs 80% vax'd for herd immunity.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Got my appointment at 3pm today
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

nick wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:12 am i was reading last night that with the new variants, America needs 80% vax'd for herd immunity.
Which still may not work in some simulations.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Finalllyyyyy booked for a needle. May 22 and Sept 11th
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Figured most of you would have been vaccinated well before me.
PSN: ReignOnU
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

been vacinated since Easter, and my wife told her entire family, if you are not vaccinated, you are not welcome to her house. She has a big family and they are close, so i was happy to hear her say that, and that means less people at my house( win win for me)

people just need to be smart wear masks in crowded places. i am all for masks if it brings people back to work. personally , i am kindcof use to it now wearing a mask.

when i leave house, keys ,phone ,wallet and mask
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I got vaccinated. Supporting Schools, they want you to be if you have to go into a school.
My wife got vaccinated, working at the post office.
Our kids are 7 and 4, no vaccinations for them.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

we don't have a problem down here in the south of businesses not being open. It's pretty much a free for all down here. Those same businesses are actually extra short staffed and cant find people wanting work with all the money the government is throwing at them ( thats what I was told at least)

To the point that restaurants are modifying their menus

Return to “Off Topic Forum”