COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Cnasty »

Big fan of the McDonalds hot mustard sauce.

I put that shit on everything.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

what a weird timeline we live in. that fuckin Hadron Collider did something.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm what a weird timeline we live in. that fuckin Hadron Collider did something.
Guess I'll have to google who that is. Real weird
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:31 pm
nick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm what a weird timeline we live in. that fuckin Hadron Collider did something.
Guess I'll have to google who that is. Real weird

HAHA, or what that was
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

while youre bored look up CRISPR and realize our future is so fucking wild.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Cnasty wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm Big fan of the McDonalds hot mustard sauce.

I put that shit on everything.
👍👍👍👍 Times a million :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Canadas flattening the curve.. US is very much not.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:43 pm Canadas flattening the curve.. US is very much not.

Canada's largest daily % increase was just 3 days ago on 3/23.

Their trend graph is trending upwards, the US downwards based on % daily increase.

Last 3 days % increase for Canada has averaged 33.6%, US 26.1%
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

It's hard to understand the approval rating survey question.

If the question is do you approve of his overall handling, starting from Day 1 of knowing about COVID19, hard to comprehend people approving of that.

If the question is "did he do a good job talking on TV today and sounding like a reasonble individual that said positive things" he's getting slightly better with that and this could be helping his rating.

Recency bias I guess explains it.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
22h
The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

This guy is your president.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

nick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm The real people want to get back to work ASAP.
I mean, I completely agree with him on this one. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 pm This is the infamous Imperial College Study that many nation leaders/infectious disease geniuses are referring to if you want a fun read:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... 3-2020.pdf
And the dude who was behind that paper just gave us all a big "My bad" the numbers won't be nearly as bad as I originally predicted :lol:

He also has COVID, that part sucks.

Dude originally said the UK would need 18+ months of quarantine and 500k UK deaths, and now says the peak will subside in 2-3 weeks with 20k deaths at the most.
Berenson continued: “Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased — which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize — which in turn implies it is less dangerous.”
I wonder where I heard this before...taking my victory lap on that one. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Final part of that article:
Ferguson’s change of tune comes days after Oxford epidemiologist Sunetra Gupta criticized the professor’s model.

“I am surprised that there has been such unqualified acceptance of the Imperial model,” Gupta said, according to the Financial Times.

Professor Gupta led a team of researchers at Oxford in a modeling study which suggests that the virus has been invisibly spreading for at least a month earlier than suspected, concluding that as many as half of the people in the United Kingdom have already been infected by COVID-19.

If her model is accurate, fewer than one in a thousand who’ve been infected with COVID-19 become sick enough to need hospitalization, leaving the vast majority with mild cases or free of symptoms.

In other words, Ferguson’s highly influential initial model was off by orders of magnitude.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The US went from 111 cases 22 days ago to 75k cases now.

So why would anyone believe we had our first case on January 21st and yet on February 27th we were at 15 cases? We were likely at some crazy number like 20k or 100k or 200k at the end of February or certainly closer to that number in the thousands than 15 total cases.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

dakshdar wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm It's hard to understand the approval rating survey question.

If the question is do you approve of his overall handling, starting from Day 1 of knowing about COVID19, hard to comprehend people approving of that.

If the question is "did he do a good job talking on TV today and sounding like a reasonble individual that said positive things" he's getting slightly better with that and this could be helping his rating.

Recency bias I guess explains it.
You must not know a lot of Trump supporters in person.
Where I live, not hard to understand at all.
Bunch of fucking hillbilly morons that have their head so far up his ass, they don't even care.
They are voting for him no matter what.
I have a few coworkers too that are not the hillbilly morons, but he can do absolutely no wrong in their eyes. It is downright amazing, in a scary way.

I don't follow politics much at all, but based on how I feel about guns, I am definitely more of a Republican, but the sad thing is, I voted for him the first time around. I could not stand Hillary and I thought, not being a career politician, we would potentially get something we have never had before.
Boy did we.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:48 pm I thought, not being a career politician, we would potentially get something we have never had before.
Boy did we.
Corey and I were just talking about this the other day.

My whole adult life I've despised politicians, with every single one of them, you feel every word coming out of their mouth is fake and just all they care about is their party and what's good for them blah blah blah.

I've always I wished 1 day we had a President who wasn't a career politician and didn't do the political speak nonsense and just would shoot straight from the hip and do things his own way...but this isn't what I was expecting. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:25 pm
Cnasty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 pm This is the infamous Imperial College Study that many nation leaders/infectious disease geniuses are referring to if you want a fun read:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... 3-2020.pdf
And the dude who was behind that paper just gave us all a big "My bad" the numbers won't be nearly as bad as I originally predicted :lol:

He also has COVID, that part sucks.

Dude originally said the UK would need 18+ months of quarantine and 500k UK deaths, and now says the peak will subside in 2-3 weeks with 20k deaths at the most.
Berenson continued: “Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased — which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize — which in turn implies it is less dangerous.”
I wonder where I heard this before...taking my victory lap on that one. :lol:
damn so the guy who was wrong is suddenly right with his second prediction? you called it ....
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Real time updates with snazzy elevator music:

Return to “Off Topic Forum”