COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
cougnix
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by cougnix »

What demographic went into full quarantine?

Ages 5-18 and 18-22 (college)

What demographic has the least probable chance of deaths?
Same demographic. Hmmmm

I guess the answer is send them back, see what happens.

I want to go back to school, I want to start sports, but I also don't want to be part of litigation that is related to unsafe environments. What do we do about our high risk teachers? Our teacher that is a cancer survivor? There isn't a good answer right now until they truly have this under control.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Meh this is nothing. Groups routinely get sick in the summer and spread illnesses around. I remember last summer when 18 marlins got a summer cold as well....In 1 huddled dugout situation.

Also let’s not forget the 27 yr old athlete with a heart condition now. But kids will be fine because ppl with 4 month degrees in Twitter medicine say only 60+ yr olds die without realizing the long term lung/heart complications to younger ppl
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

cougnix wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:37 pm What demographic went into full quarantine?

Ages 5-18 and 18-22 (college)

What demographic has the least probable chance of deaths?
Same demographic. Hmmmm

I guess the answer is send them back, see what happens.

I want to go back to school, I want to start sports, but I also don't want to be part of litigation that is related to unsafe environments. What do we do about our high risk teachers? Our teacher that is a cancer survivor? There isn't a good answer right now until they truly have this under control.
Separate them and have them handle online learning options. That's how we're setting it up right now.
PSN: ReignOnU
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Here we are 100% online until further notice. At which time we will go hybrid and do an A/B type schedule and slowly get them back on campus
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

My son starts college this year. 2 online (1 blended) and 2 in person course, this does not include his in person flight training as well.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I know if I had to do online schooling, I'd fail quicker than shit!
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 pm I know if I had to do online schooling, I'd fail quicker than shit!
aren't you supposed to be able to overcome and adapt?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ajalves wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:53 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 pm I know if I had to do online schooling, I'd fail quicker than shit!
aren't you supposed to be able to overcome and adapt?
No, I retired and am now set in my ways :D
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Both Fauci and Birx in recent interviews bringing up wearing face shields and...goggles
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wonder how accurate this is...

And no, I don't want to fact check it
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

So if it’s a wonder drug why are people taking it and ... wait for it .... wait for ittttttt ... dying?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:40 pm So if it’s a wonder drug why are people taking it and ... wait for it .... wait for ittttttt ... dying?
same reason people die from cancer when they go thru chemo or any other treatment.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 pm Image
your comment comes across as all treatments, whether miracle or not, works 100% of the time.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

"so HCQ functions as both a cure and a vaccine"

is Chemo a cure? is Chemo a vaccine?

"It's generally recommended that vaccines not be given during chemo or radiation treatments "
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Faucci is the one that said that, albeit in different wording
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

What I'm about to put here is completely anecdotal, but I found it pretty interesting this morning, considering the source.

In the last few days, the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy was set to ban the use of HCQ as a treatment for COVID. When it was announced social media erupted. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion one way or the other, but the recent surge of talk in the media about it makes me highly skeptical of any news regarding it. As I've mentioned, my cousin's husband was one of the first few cases in Ohio. He deteriorated to the point that he had to be intubated and he was in a coma. Well... my very liberal, Trump-hating, cousin went nuts this morning after hearing about the ban. Why? Alex was given HCQ and she, him and their docs firmly believe that it saved his life, based on what she's posted. From my perspective, when I see something like that, I have to question why we'd put a ban on it all of the sudden. Also today, the Ohio Board of Pharmacy reversed it's decision and decided to keep it as an option.

Could it do more harm than good? Maybe. Could my cousin be misinformed about everything that happened? Possible. Am I skeptical of why there was a ban on the way? Most definitely.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I don't think it's the miracle cure but if you are in a position of, "what can it hurt" if you already were given a death sentence. I think the law that Trump passed (executive order I believe) where doctor/patients can use alternative methods to treat terminal illness was the best law he could have signed into law
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm I don't think it's the miracle cure but if you are in a position of, "what can it hurt" if you already were given a death sentence. I think the law that Trump passed (executive order I believe) where doctor/patients can use alternative methods to treat terminal illness was the best law he could have signed into law
Sounds like the foundation of most libertarian arguments. Do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't F w/anyone else.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm I don't think it's the miracle cure but if you are in a position of, "what can it hurt" if you already were given a death sentence. I think the law that Trump passed (executive order I believe) where doctor/patients can use alternative methods to treat terminal illness was the best law he could have signed into law
Sounds like the foundation of most libertarian arguments. Do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't F w/anyone else.
I'm all over the political spectrum depending on the topic. I favor republican more than anything else though. For instance the don't ask don't tell policy in the army, could have cared less about who was doing what in the sheets, that was a very liberal viewpoint on the 90's.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”