COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Crowes
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Crowes »

shel311 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:52 pm
Crowes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:37 pm Who's words carry more weight when it comes to response of the government and nation as a whole? Trump or literally anyone else in government you can name? So that argument is still invalid.
Yikes
You're right as soon as I said Trump's name I knew it made the statement BS :lol: man oh man are we screwed
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

4 dead at nursing home up the street. 14 infected.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

US is obviously US. interesting to see UK break off the pack.. all the countries at the bottom moving together. Canada will probably be next to break off with how much testing is now going on.
jeheinz72
Reactions:

Post by jeheinz72 »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm This is the worst fucking thread in the history of our forums
I of course don't know about the history of the forums, but yeah - as a newb here, this makes me think I'll be sticking to league-related threads lol
GM of the Fresno Grizzlies, 2071 - on
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I didnt give a fuck about the flu til my mom was hospitalized last year. Its nothing til someone you know almost dies from it.. then itll matter.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I like some of the guys talking about how bad this thread is messaging me on Slack with their thoughts on this worst thread ever :)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I can’t wait until the time period of “remember that whole virus thing we all went through??”

It’s going to be wild!

I must have re-arranged my garage like 5 times by now to kill time and just get out of the house :lol:
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Cnasty wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:51 pm I must have re-arranged my garage like 5 times by now to kill time and just get out of the house :lol:
Lots of landscaping going on here
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I think it would be more relevant that government leaders in Northern California were shutting down their counties within days of when Trump declared it was going to go away real soon - oh, and he declared that on the same day Pence said there would be thousands of more cases... around 25 days ago.

That's a better example of taking it seriously vs not, no? His second in command was trying to get the message out that this is serious and we're going to end up with many, many cases, but the guy in charge is declaring it will disappear...
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

dakshdar wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:57 pm I think it would be more relevant that government leaders in Northern California were shutting down their counties within days of when Trump declared it was going to go away real soon - oh, and he declared that on the same day Pence said there would be thousands of more cases... around 25 days ago.

That's a better example of taking it seriously vs not, no? His second in command was trying to get the message out that this is serious and we're going to end up with many, many cases, but the guy in charge is declaring it will disappear...
Correct and at the same time Trump was telling the country that Jay Inslee WA Governor was an idiot and not fit to lead, yet today praises this state for leading the way. (He read it from a written statement)
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:51 pm I must have re-arranged my garage like 5 times by now to kill time and just get out of the house :lol:
Just started cleaning mine out and rearranging mine yesterday. :D
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Was just told by an old army buddy of mine that HBO is free throughout this pandemic. I already get it so someone else would have to check to see if that's true
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/h ... 234569585/

Or below is the full article:
Spoiler!
HBO is unlocking its biggest trove of free programming ever — in a goodwill gesture as people look for a diversion during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The WarnerMedia-owned premium cabler is making almost 500 hours of programming available to stream for free (without ads) for a limited time on HBO Now and HBO Go services without a subscription, starting this Friday, April 3.

The list of free programming includes every episode of nine HBO series: “The Sopranos,” “Veep,” “Succession,” “Six Feet Under,” “The Wire,” “Ballers,” “Barry,” “Silicon Valley” and “True Blood.”

Also streaming for free are 20 Warner Bros. movies in HBO’s current catalog including “Pokémon Detective Pikachu,” “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” and “Crazy, Stupid, Love”; and 10 HBO documentaries and docuseries including “McMillion$” and “The Case Against Adnan Syed.”

Notably, however, HBO megahit “Game of Thrones” is absent from the free-streaming fiesta, as are recent hits including “Westworld,” “Big Little Lies,” “Euphoria” and “Chernobyl.” All of those series have seen big viewing gains in recent weeks, per WarnerMedia, which said streaming of HBO Now was up more than 40% from March 14-24 versus the previous four-week average. (Separately, HBO provides a limited selection of single episodes from its tentpole series to watch for free.)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.36685.38881

[dude from Reddit found good parts to read]
Among passengers who eventually developed COVID-19 on Bus #2, three were asymptomatic, three had mild symptoms, and the remaining seventeen cases had moderate symptoms. The severity of secondary cases was not associated with their proximity to the index patient on the bus (correlation, 0.00; P=0.99).
Our data strongly suggest that airborne transmission contributed to the COVID-19 outbreak among lay Buddhists in Zhejiang province. The index patient was the only person exposed to individuals from Wuhan and the first at the event to be diagnosed with COVID-19 suggesting a high probability that she was the source of the outbreak. The two buses mimicked a quasi- experiment and the second unexposed bus, which left and arrived at the temple at similar times with similar individuals, provided a credible control group. Both buses had an air conditioning system on a re-circulating mode, which may have facilitated the spread of the virus in the exposed bus. Attack rates on the exposed and unexposed buses were sharply distinct (34.3% versus 0%) suggesting that the exposure and the environment in which the exposure took place contributed to this outbreak. Additionally, passengers sitting closer to the index case on the exposed bus did not have statistically higher risks of COVID-19 as those sitting further away. If COVID-19 transmission occurred solely through close contact or respiratory droplets during this outbreak, risk of COVID-19 would likely be related to distance from the index case and ‘high-risk’ zones on the bus would have more infected cases. Our findings suggesting airborne transmission of COVID-19 is in line with a past report of a SARS outbreak on a plane.
It should be noted that, except for a passenger sitting next to the index, all passengers sitting close to a window on the left side of the bus remained healthy. This may be related to airflow within the bus; however, we were unable to empirically test this hypothesis. Similarly, transmission at the worship event between the bus rides only led to few infections, and all of those reported close contact with the index case. These data suggest that forced, circulating air might play an important role in airborne spread of the virus.
She [patient 0 on the bus] was initially asymptomatic during the bus trip but started to have cough, chills, and myalgias on the evening after returning from the temple.
Among the trainees, only the index patient traveled from Wuhan. She reported no fever during the training, however, her colleagues observed her taking unknown medications throughout the workshop. The index patient returned to Wuhan on January 15. She developed a fever (38°C) and cough on January 17 and was diagnosed with COVID-19. Between January 16–22, a total of 15 trainees who attended the workshop, including the index patient, were diagnosed with COVID-19. The attack rate was 48.3% (95% CI, 31.4– 65.6).
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Shel notes?
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Catching up on the last couple of days...

Pelosi and the Chinatown comments were certainly the same kind of message about groups, but not nearly the most hideous of the bunch. I'd like to submit my #1a and #1b...

1a.) NY Mayor Bill Deblasio working out at a public gym while telling others not to.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/p ... xercise-to

1b.) NO Mayor LaToya Cantrell blaming Trump for not influencing her to cancel Mardi Gras.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-orlean ... ronavirus/
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:15 pm I didnt give a fuck about the flu til my mom was hospitalized last year. Its nothing til someone you know almost dies from it.. then itll matter.
Not to be a dick, but there are a lot of things in this world that are very serious, that no one pays much attention to, until it hits home. You have a different opinion on the flu because of what has happened with your mom. Someone else my have a more serious issue with Tuberculosis or a non-medical event like DUI. In my case, my cousin's husband is currently in Cincinnati on day 3 of being on a ventilator, after being misdiagnosed with pneumonia and treated improperly. He wasn't initially tested because he didn't fit the exact profile. But the difference between us is that I'm not going to rant and rave about the sky falling right now. We still don't know exactly what we're dealing with and the misinformation that is out there seems to be multiplying as fast as the cases numbers. In any urgent situation, step #1 is not to panic.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-re ... 50944.html

A whole lot of Olympic-level, mental gymnastics here to justify why China reopening wet markets is good.
- You can also get fresh produce like a farmer's market
- No supply chain that would be subject to shady business
- You get to know your supplier
- Asia isn't as bad as Africa!
- Actual quote: "Consumers know the food is fresh because there's generally little refrigeration, so everything must be sold on the day."
- More likely to be widespread outbreak on farms that produce for the supply chains

While none of the statements are technically false, the whole premise is ridiculous. If your supply chain wasn't completely corrupt and you had some reasonable standards in place, none of this shit would be relevant.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Would be great if we all realized one day that all these politicians suck... All of em.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5114319002 ... ssion=true

Article points out we faced an N95 mask shortage stemming from the usage of masks in 2009 during H1N1. Experts urged Obama to replenish the stockpile but for whatever reason, it wasn't done for the next 10+ years.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

dakshdar wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:13 am https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/h ... 234569585/

Or below is the full article:
Spoiler!
HBO is unlocking its biggest trove of free programming ever — in a goodwill gesture as people look for a diversion during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The WarnerMedia-owned premium cabler is making almost 500 hours of programming available to stream for free (without ads) for a limited time on HBO Now and HBO Go services without a subscription, starting this Friday, April 3.

The list of free programming includes every episode of nine HBO series: “The Sopranos,” “Veep,” “Succession,” “Six Feet Under,” “The Wire,” “Ballers,” “Barry,” “Silicon Valley” and “True Blood.”

Also streaming for free are 20 Warner Bros. movies in HBO’s current catalog including “Pokémon Detective Pikachu,” “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” and “Crazy, Stupid, Love”; and 10 HBO documentaries and docuseries including “McMillion$” and “The Case Against Adnan Syed.”

Notably, however, HBO megahit “Game of Thrones” is absent from the free-streaming fiesta, as are recent hits including “Westworld,” “Big Little Lies,” “Euphoria” and “Chernobyl.” All of those series have seen big viewing gains in recent weeks, per WarnerMedia, which said streaming of HBO Now was up more than 40% from March 14-24 versus the previous four-week average. (Separately, HBO provides a limited selection of single episodes from its tentpole series to watch for free.)

It is only available on some tv's. Just fyi.
It works on my phone, but not on my Roku devices or my TCL Roku TV.
And it won't let me cast it to my tv from my phone.
I can hook up my usb to hdmi cable, but just fyi.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”