COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:12 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:11 pm
nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:08 pm what does going to chinatown in San Francisco have to do with an airborne virus?

dont go to New Orleans cause u know... chinatown in new orleans is why it got rocked..
Why do you think she went to chinatown to say it's okay to get out?
She went there cause your racist ass hillbilly country was decimating an economy based on ignorance
So we should be quarantining everywhere except for Chinatown, yea that's the ticket.

Sounds pretty racist of you trying to protect everyone except for Chinatown. Way to go, racist.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:11 pm
nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:08 pm what does going to chinatown in San Francisco have to do with an airborne virus?

dont go to New Orleans cause u know... chinatown in new orleans is why it got rocked..
You're so quick to want to find the racism, you missed the fact that where she was, Chinatown, is absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.

The point was in late February she was somewhere telling people it's safe, encouraging people to be out and about in public.

But now, folks want to blame Trump ONLY for not taking things seriously earlier.
For the record, whos the president of the country? Pelosi or Trump?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:14 pm For the record, whos the president of the country? Pelosi or Trump?
Trump

For the record, you are now saying every other politician in the US should be free to say whatever they want, no matter how reckless it is, right?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

in the very same article it says

"In India Monday, Trump said the virus is under control in the United States."

so... even then Trump was giving out worse info than Pelosi.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:11 pm The racism is you thinking chinatown in San Francisco was some major catalyst in this airborne virus when the first known case was in Washington when a man went to visit his family in Wuhan China. Its very clearly racism to think that because of a specific culture that theyre spreading the disease when also in Washington, people who never left the country were being infected from the start.

But ya.. do you fam.
Once again, this just shows how ignorant you are. You assuming what I am thinking is just plain dumb, and I don't think you are that dumb. But this morning/early afternoon you are making me a believer you are that dumb. I never said SF was a catalyst, let along a major catalyst, for the virus. Once again....read this slowly and 5 times so it gets thru your thick skull...

I was pointing out that the same idiots that are blasting Trump for not reacting quicker were doing the same exact thing.
I was pointing out that the same idiots that are blasting Trump for not reacting quicker were doing the same exact thing.

That was all the original post was doing.
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

This thread needs a bit of lightening up :lol:

This is amazing

https://www.facebook.com/GymFailNation/ ... 8476/?t=14
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:17 pm in the very same article it says

"In India Monday, Trump said the virus is under control in the United States."

so... even then Trump was giving out worse info than Pelosi.
Crazy thought, blame both of them.

Wild, I know.

But your post is doing the thing you always do, deflecting from the point, Pelosi encouraging people to gather in public. Why are we trying to change the subject from that?
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

shel311 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:12 pm
cougnix wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:10 pm People were avoiding Chinatown because it is believed China is the place it started. So Pelosi was visiting there to dismiss the image that because China is where it started, "Chinatowns" should be avoided. It was to try and dismiss the racist assumptions...
But she shouldn't have been anywhere encouraging anyone to be meeting in groups.

If we're going to blame Trump for not acting sooner, then we need to blame all politicians equally for not taking it seriously sooner.
I get that part.

It is stupid now to go backwards when people acted on the message that was being received around the country. "It's common flu", "I have a hunch", you know that kind of thing...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:17 pm
nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:11 pm The racism is you thinking chinatown in San Francisco was some major catalyst in this airborne virus when the first known case was in Washington when a man went to visit his family in Wuhan China. Its very clearly racism to think that because of a specific culture that theyre spreading the disease when also in Washington, people who never left the country were being infected from the start.

But ya.. do you fam.
Once again, this just shows how ignorant you are. You assuming what I am thinking is just plain dumb, and I don't think you are that dumb. But this morning/early afternoon you are making me a believer you are that dumb. I never said SF was a catalyst, let along a major catalyst, for the virus. Once again....read this slowly and 5 times so it gets thru your thick skull...

Once again.. going to Chinatown in California didnt spread the disease

Once again.. President Trump said it was a hoax/under control at the same time
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:17 pm You assuming what I am thinking is just plain dumb
In fairness, you'll hit more than you miss by doing this. :)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:20 pm Once again.. going to Chinatown in California didnt spread the disease
Were they immune?

Going anywhere at that time helped spread the disease.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:20 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:17 pm

But ya.. do you fam.

Once again.. going to Chinatown in California didnt spread the disease

Once again.. President Trump said it was a hoax/under control at the same time
He didn't say it was a hoax, he did say it was under control
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-tru ... ry-28-2020

They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they've been doing it since she got in. It's all turning, they lost. It's all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that's been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:26 pm https://factba.se/transcript/donald-tru ... ry-28-2020

They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they've been doing it since she got in. It's all turning, they lost. It's all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that's been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.

I can do that too.

From Snopes:
What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

This is the worst fucking thread in the history of our forums
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm This is the worst fucking thread in the history of our forums
Painful to watch really.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm This is the worst fucking thread in the history of our forums
:lol: :lol: But it entertains the rest of us.
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

You have a weird view of entertainment.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

shel311 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:15 pm
nick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:14 pm For the record, whos the president of the country? Pelosi or Trump?
Trump

For the record, you are now saying every other politician in the US should be free to say whatever they want, no matter how reckless it is, right?
Who's words carry more weight when it comes to response of the government and nation as a whole? Trump or literally anyone else in government you can name? So that argument is still invalid.

And to someone else's statement pelosi being 3rd in line for presidency translates to basically zero level of authority in the executive branch of the government and the preparation that should have been happening.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Crowes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:37 pm Who's words carry more weight when it comes to response of the government and nation as a whole? Trump or literally anyone else in government you can name? So that argument is still invalid.
Yikes

Return to “Off Topic Forum”