NFL Losers pool

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

NFL Losers pool

Post by GeorgesGoons »

So I have two spots in a losers pool. I can't pick the same team in back to back weeks but can use 1 team 8 times if I wanted. We don't go by spread, just a straight up win/lose game.

What are some of your picks for guaranteed losers in the first week?
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: NFL Losers pool

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I'm thinking Washington and Cincinnati
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Man, same team 8 times? That seems super easy. This week I'd go Cincy. They are the worst or 2nd worst team in the league and Seattle is tough to play at.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote:Man, same team 8 times? That seems super easy. This week I'd go Cincy. They are the worst or 2nd worst team in the league and Seattle is tough to play at.
You say easy, but over half the people lose within the first 3 weeks. I have 2 picks. Who with Cincy? Washington?
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Bengals and Dolphins

Then week 2 you pick Redskins
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
wdoupis wrote:Man, same team 8 times? That seems super easy. This week I'd go Cincy. They are the worst or 2nd worst team in the league and Seattle is tough to play at.
You say easy, but over half the people lose within the first 3 weeks. I have 2 picks. Who with Cincy? Washington?
I'd go Washington as well. I think it being a division game they may hang a little closer then you'd expect but Eagles have the best roster in the NFL and since there is no limit on picking teams I'd take the two most obvious.

Miami an option but hate to take a home team and with an entire offseason for teams to prepare for Lamar Jackson if he has not improved as a passer that may get ugly
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

what about indy? they are away with a new qb at the chargers
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Uuaww wrote:what about indy? they are away with a new qb at the chargers
There is no such thing as a road game vs the Chargers. Probably be more Colts fans there
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

when in doubt just look at betting odds and look for huge home favs. then make your decision based off that. You will lose some (NE at home to buff rings a bell) but youre more likely to hit a huge home fav than any road sitch. good luck
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:when in doubt just look at betting odds and look for huge home favs. then make your decision based off that. You will lose some (NE at home to buff rings a bell) but youre more likely to hit a huge home fav than any road sitch. good luck
This was my thought process as well. I like west coast home teams in the early game against east coast teams as well and then I like northern outdoor teams against southern teams come late November/December
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
nick wrote:when in doubt just look at betting odds and look for huge home favs. then make your decision based off that. You will lose some (NE at home to buff rings a bell) but youre more likely to hit a huge home fav than any road sitch. good luck
This was my thought process as well. I like west coast home teams in the early game against east coast teams as well and then I like northern outdoor teams against southern teams come late November/December
Right, because all those guys that played college ball in California and Texas that play for Buffalo and New England have an advantage
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
Right, because all those guys that played college ball in California and Texas that play for Buffalo and New England have an advantage
C'mon now coug! You know what the advantage is. Do I need to explain it? You've traveled before right? Have you traveled west and were expected to start work 2 days later (or however long it is when they travel).
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
cougnix wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
C'mon now coug! You know what the advantage is. Do I need to explain it? You've traveled before right? Have you traveled west and were expected to start work 2 days later (or however long it is when they travel).
I didn’t say anything about east/west travel. Cmon George!
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Fucking Philly! Who saw this coming?
ImageImageImage
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

I blame all of you guys picking Washington for ruining my first NFL game with my daughter
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

DRWebs wrote:I blame all of you guys picking Washington for ruining my first NFL game with my daughter
How dare you lose faith. I went big on Philly at halftime like a real fan (for this game)
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

wdoupis wrote:
DRWebs wrote:I blame all of you guys picking Washington for ruining my first NFL game with my daughter
How dare you lose faith. I went big on Philly at halftime like a real fan (for this game)
I kept the game on, don't #realfan me!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Pretty easy week to chose this week. Chose Miami for both of my slots. Usually don't like to pick the same team when I have multiple picks but I'd say this one is pretty easy choice.

Will probably go with the Jets (vs NE) and Browns (vs Rams) in week 3. Will see how they play this weekend first and who does look helpless
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Since I used Miami for both of my picks last week I cannot use them this week.

I need to get away from using the same team for both of my picks.

I will definitely pick the Jets for one of my losers.

These are the teams I am considering for my other loser (in order of preference for now):
Raiders
Pittsburgh
Broncos
Lions

For you betters, what do you all think?
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Since I used Miami for both of my picks last week I cannot use them this week.

I need to get away from using the same team for both of my picks.

I will definitely pick the Jets for one of my losers.

These are the teams I am considering for my other loser (in order of preference for now):
Raiders
Pittsburgh
Broncos
Lions

For you betters, what do you all think?

Raiders or Lions
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”