The Pressure Is On, LLC

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: The Pressure Is On, LLC

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote:Have you had time to sit down and figure out your total time investment (included travel/required business time to get materials/prep) and get the net after all expenses?
Still waiting to get thru soap to figure out costs on soaps. And those prices will eventually go down once I am more efficient.
I feel like your 20% discount to Airgas was really steep. Having worked with quite a few independent contractors for washing, cleaning, and landscaping, the only time I ever saw a discount that steep was when the base price was very high.

Kind of curious about your thought process on your base rate and the discount.
Monthly pricing will start higher, all pricing is based off of my biweekly prices. Industry standard is $125-$200 an hour. I know it takes me roughly 18 minutes to brush a large moving truck that I charge $45 to clean (just over $135 an hour to finish 3). So with Airgas I offered once a month cleaning at $70 for their large straight trucks (bigger than a moving truck), 30% discount for biweekly for $49 and weekly price gets a 50% discount to be done at $35. If I clean weekly I can go every other week without brushing which increases my efficiency those weeks. If it's just biweekly cleanings I get my hourly requirement to stay above red. Month charges are higher due to added chemical coat and time it may take to clean.
Also... what are your exit terms on your deals? Are you setup for a period or with an open ended exit just based on notice? Doing work cheap early may be good, but you should consider how you will progress with the business. In theory, you create your base of work, but then look to replace accounts/increase rates.
I am trying to figure out terms for exit clauses, for both the customer and myself. The one thing I have identified from talking to all these businesses is that they have hired a guy and he just ups and leaves with zero correspondence. This poses a problem for me because a lot of companies are hesitant on hiring a local small business to do something that they could get done across the river in Council Bluffs, IA for roughly the same price (if ylthey don't include gas price to get there and driver coats)

So once I can figure out. What kind of terms that would be acceptable for both parties I am going to go to a lawyer and have a contract written up that holds either one of us liable if we terminate without cause and proper notice.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Have you had time to sit down and figure out your total time investment (included travel/required business time to get materials/prep) and get the net after all expenses?
Still waiting to get thru soap to figure out costs on soaps. And those prices will eventually go down once I am more efficient.
I feel like your 20% discount to Airgas was really steep. Having worked with quite a few independent contractors for washing, cleaning, and landscaping, the only time I ever saw a discount that steep was when the base price was very high.

Kind of curious about your thought process on your base rate and the discount.
Monthly pricing will start higher, all pricing is based off of my biweekly prices. Industry standard is $125-$200 an hour. I know it takes me roughly 18 minutes to brush a large moving truck that I charge $45 to clean (just over $135 an hour to finish 3). So with Airgas I offered once a month cleaning at $70 for their large straight trucks (bigger than a moving truck), 30% discount for biweekly for $49 and weekly price gets a 50% discount to be done at $35. If I clean weekly I can go every other week without brushing which increases my efficiency those weeks. If it's just biweekly cleanings I get my hourly requirement to stay above red. Month charges are higher due to added chemical coat and time it may take to clean.
Also... what are your exit terms on your deals? Are you setup for a period or with an open ended exit just based on notice? Doing work cheap early may be good, but you should consider how you will progress with the business. In theory, you create your base of work, but then look to replace accounts/increase rates.
I am trying to figure out terms for exit clauses, for both the customer and myself. The one thing I have identified from talking to all these businesses is that they have hired a guy and he just ups and leaves with zero correspondence. This poses a problem for me because a lot of companies are hesitant on hiring a local small business to do something that they could get done across the river in Council Bluffs, IA for roughly the same price (if ylthey don't include gas price to get there and driver coats)

So once I can figure out. What kind of terms that would be acceptable for both parties I am going to go to a lawyer and have a contract written up that holds either one of us liable if we terminate without cause and proper notice.
You need a no cause, no liability contract and it's probably best to go with mutual notice exit terms. There will likely be language for immediate termination in certain events. Otherwise, that's about as straight-forward as you can get and it is usually adequate for both parties. You absolutely do NOT want any language that puts you on the hook for paying for their cleaning in the event that you break the contract. Avoid that shit like the plague.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Little job yesterday that kicked my ass. Couldn't get my 2 step to work properly, thinking I need a different size nozzle to create the proper back pressure at my unloader so I don't draw soap when I am rinsing. Always learning! Can't wait till I get it down.

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Finally got my 2 step process to work

ImageImageImage
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Is there a residential options for brushless soaps? Or is a soap cannon the best option? Love the idea of washing my car without scrubbing
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Weasel wrote:Is there a residential options for brushless soaps? Or is a soap cannon the best option? Love the idea of washing my car without scrubbing
There is, but it wouldn't be cost effective. You'll need a low pH (acid) and a high pH (alkaline) soaps. But if you can find a high pH, around 12, you may be able to go every other cleaning to brush.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

get girls to wash the cars in the video with bikinis and butt plugs and youll get more views imo
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote:Is there a residential options for brushless soaps? Or is a soap cannon the best option? Love the idea of washing my car without scrubbing
My first foam cannon go just today

DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

I always imagined Shel being scrawny, but that's another level!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

What did you think of the results shel?
What brand of cannon do you have and what soap do you use?

I ask because this guy shows an honest video:

PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:What did you think of the results shel?
It was my first go, and as you can see, my kids wouldn't stop bothering me to have their turn as they were excited for it...it went about as well as it could considering.

It also wasn't until the very end where I finally got the right setting for the soap dispenser as well as adjusting the knob for it to spray just right.

I like it, interested to see how it goes next time.

The_Niddler wrote:What brand of cannon do you have and what soap do you use?
Sun Joe Foam Canno(also have a Sun Joe SPX 3000 pressure washer) and Chemical Guys Snow Foam Auto Wash.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I went back and posted a video in my post.
I can see how they are nice to put down a lot of foam, but I would then want to use a Mit or something and hand wash the car.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:What brand of cannon do you have and what soap do you use?
Sun Joe Foam Canno(also have a Sun Joe SPX 3000 pressure washer) and Chemical Guys Snow Foam Auto Wash.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:I went back and posted a video in my post.
I can see how they are nice to put down a lot of foam, but I would then want to use a Mit or something and hand wash the car.
My car was super dirty, so I did use a mit after the first foam for some spots. It was still a bit dirty still after, but with a 2nd rinse/foam, it came out looking pretty good. My 2 step process!!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

When it's really really dirty, use the mit on the foam as it's thick as shaving cream and prevents swirls. Don't go in circles, straight lines from top to bottom. 2 bucket method with grit guards on the bottom. One plain water to rinse, one a little soap for added glide.

I usually only foam it in between washes with no mit and it's great. It's rained a lot here lately so the mit comes out.

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

You guys should check out

http://www.doyouevenfoambro.com

This could be your no touch solution Weasel. It costs 200 for a 5 gallon jug though, I am sure it would last 40-50 car washes if not more
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

For you guys that are foaming, start at the bottom and make S-turns up to the top of the vehicle. And then rinse from the top down using S-turns again. Will help prevent streaking.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Wasn't able to go out and pound on doors today due to some food poisoning. But did send out some emails and picked up a contract cleaning 16 trucks twice bi-weekly. Not bad for laying on the couch all day.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Got an ethical question. I guess I am answering it myself by asking the question.

I know I am 20-25% under a mobile wash company prices. Problem is he is my sister in laws nephew. I owe him nothing in regards to the business and I hired him once to snow plow my drive way (only time I ever met him). He has a couple of accounts I showed interest in before, but once I found out he was washing I told them thanks and moved on. Should I pursue them?
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”