The Pressure Is On, LLC

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: The Pressure Is On, LLC

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Started to clean these this evening. 6 hours later and we still didn't get the sprinter vans done. We averaged 12.5 minutes per piece on the straight trucks (13) and box vans (16). That was with a 30 minute break and some down time to move the machine around to get more water. We will go back out on Thursday to finish the vans.

We finally got an exact number on our #2 soap. We use .47 gallons of soap per truck/box van. So we should be able to clean between 110-120 pieces with our 55 gallon drum of soap. So we are running ght around $1 of our #2 soap to clean a truck. Our #1 soap is still hard to figure out since we are still on our first 55 gallon drum. But at this pace I would guess we are at around $.50-$.75 per truck on that. So for every $1.75 in soap on our typical $35 pieces, gotta figure out the math on gas/diesel and machine costs per piece cleaned monthly and I shall have this all down (until you smart guys say I don't).

Also found out another company wants me to start cleaning for them. Have to out in my bid tomorrow.

And my Cintas demo today didn't go off as planned. They didn't have any dirty trucks so we are going to try again next week. The lady definitely gives off the vibe that she wants to use us instead of her current vendor. That will be 31 box vans (UPS) and 16 vans weekly.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Stopped by CINTAS today to see if they had a dirty truck so I can finally get my demo in. They had a dirty straight truck with bugs all over the place. Going tomorrow to knock that one out and win that contract. If they are truly open to awarding the contract to someone else then I will have this contract 100%. They already said that the guy isn’t showing up weekly like they want and he is blowing off stickers. This should be easy if they aren’t leading me on.

Stopped by another company I have been eyeballing for a month now after seeing if CINTAS had a dirty truck to clean. This company has over 100 pieces, mostly box trucks and straight trucks with 10-15 tractors/trailers. Was going to stop by there 2 weeks ago but decided not to due to laziness. Learned that they awarded a contract last week. Pisses me off being lazy like that and losing out on an opportunity. I passed on my business card and said I would stop by in a couple of months to see if they were still happy. I am soooooo pissed at myself for this one. This could have been an easy $50-70K a year job by itself.

Also stopped by a large trucking company that has an “outpost” in the town next to me. They had a guy that tried to clean their trucks but they were completely unhappy with the results. Guy left bugs on their tractors and the vendor said he was happy with the results. They gave him another chance and got the same results. They are now using Blue Beacon. I am hoping for a chance at a demo to prove my worth and win that contract.
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

DRiccio21 wrote:You’ll be a billionaire my christmas !

Keep up the good work but please get your finances in order before you keep taking on new projects
What he doesn’t tell us here is the bar tab after his washings, so he’s about even...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:You’ll be a billionaire my christmas !

Keep up the good work but please get your finances in order before you keep taking on new projects
What he doesn’t tell us here is the bar tab after his washings, so he’s about even...
Actually in the red :oops:
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Fortnite and Whisky

Will be the death of us!
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Finished our demo today. Before shots:

The afters:
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Had to get my winterized kit ready today. Lowes did not have any 3/4" Poly Y’s so had to go with a T. I kept the water as straight as possible and my T goes to my antifreeze drum.

Filled up my 4 gallons of antifreeze and 4 gallons of water. Tested it and it is good to -10° I think that’ll be fine for now. If we have prolonged days of -10° I’ll add 1 more antifreeze in there. I have a total of 8 gallons in my drum now. I’ll actually run it next week when I get done washing. They are talking about snow this week but It won’t get that cold in the garage just yet. Also adding a garage heater to try and keep it above 40°

Still nervous about winter cleaning but we are just gonna hit it head on and hope for the best. I have done all the research that I could and feel that there is nothing more that I can do but to cross our fingers.

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Also, forgot to mention I went from a normal acid to a hydrofluoric acid. Made me nervous as hell mixing it as there are some serious health risks. But the cleaning ability of it is amazing!

ImageImageImage
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Before and after cleaning pics are oddly satisfying
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Had to go out and get some cleaning in this evening. Started at 8pm and finished just before 2am. Real feel outside was 19° (33° with 16mph winds). It actually didn't feel that bad as long as I was moving. Didn't realize that my coat was actually frozen till I was done. And the most important thing, my feet stayed dry. Gotta figure out how to keep the hands from getting went while wearing something that will keep them warm. I used my snowboarding gloves and they worked all the way up till the very end of the night.
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Wear the medical gloves under your snowboarding gloves.

PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The_Niddler wrote:Wear the medical gloves under your snowboarding gloves.

Fucking genius. I never thought of that
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

We do that here in Ohio when we go out ATV'ing.
Keeps your hands dry which keeps them warm.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Sealskinz make waterproof gloves of varying warmth levels... Bit pricier than the latex glove option though
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Some days it just seems like you can't get shit right. Screwed up my winterizing so now gotta go out and drain my water tank and wash that out. And go buy more antifreeze.

At least my pump is protected right now, but there is a return line on the unloader so your pump doesn't cycle without water going thru and burning it up and I forgot to bypass that line to a bucket instead of my 500 gallon tank. Such a pain in the ass and frustrated as a MOFO! At least I didn't screw anything up too bad that'll cost me more than $50 to fix.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Went out and cleaned one of my moving company trucks tonight. 9 trucks in total. I wanted to experiment tonight with the tires tonight. So here is what I did and the results:

Mixed equal parts Dyana-Clean (alkaline soap) and Bright and Water - 3/4 gallon each
Threw in ~2 cups of HSC-400 (strong degreaser)

Cleaned my trucks as normal and when we got done we used our pump up sprayer with our new mix and wetted each tire with zero scrubbing.

Here is the results:

Without my new little concoction just doing my regular 2 step (acid followed by alkaline soap) here were the results:

Huge difference and will have to use this as a $5-$10 add on for my customers.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Long day today. The knucklehead and I left the house at 9:40am, got home at 3:15 while knocking out two customers. Left again at 5pm and got home at 9:20, still gotta go out and clean 9 more vans but I was done for the day.

Before:

After:

Forgot to get before shots on these but they all looked like the first photo:

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Starting to get this shit nailed down

ImageImageImage
JVFreakbody
Reactions:

Post by JVFreakbody »

Oh yeah, now that’s clean! Nice
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Spoiler!
GeorgesGoons wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 am Starting to get this shit nailed down

Stopped in to a company to clean their fleet Monday. Didn't seem very promising as the guy behind the counter wasn't very receptive to even point me in the right direction of who to talk to and then finally he said the guy was busy, no name given. I passed on my business card and asked if he could pass that on to the decision maker. I walked out figuring I'd have to come back in a couple of weeks as I didn't have faith in him passing it on. Got a call a couple of hours later from the GM for me to provide a quote. I stopped in last night to see how many vehicles I'd actually be cleaning and sent the quote. I put a picture of each type of vehicle they had and added a picture of their dirty gas tank on their day cab semi. I included the above picture as reference of what we can do.

Got an email this morning for me to call him and when I did, he asked when I could start cleaning monthly with the expectations to go bi-weekly after that if they are satisfied (more of a demo wash). I told him I could clean just one truck, his dirtiest for free to show quality of work. He said no thanks, just clean them all and he'd pay for the "demo." We chatted a little more and I found out that there were 2 other vendors that had put in a bid and another that he'd call here and there to clean his fleet (I'm guessing he didn't do that great of a job). He said the picture I provided for reference of the fuel tank cleaning was the deciding factor to go with me, and I am pretty positive I am more expensive than the other guys putting in their bids.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”