The Pressure Is On, LLC

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: The Pressure Is On, LLC

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:09 pm I've also looked at a couple of franchise opportunities
Which ones have you looked into?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

my buddy has a great idea.. hes buying a store to turn into one of them ballpit birthday places for kids. apparently did a bunch of research and its just $$. and you basically gotta front the cost of the monkey bars, ball pit etc etc and when parents get (which when he'd go with his nephew would be booked 3 months ahead).. they pay for essentially everything.. the place/insurance and food.. He was prepared to drop 200k down on it
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

nick wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:17 pm my buddy has a great idea.. hes buying a store to turn into one of them ballpit birthday places for kids. apparently did a bunch of research and its just $$. and you basically gotta front the cost of the monkey bars, ball pit etc etc and when parents get (which when he'd go with his nephew would be booked 3 months ahead).. they pay for essentially everything.. the place/insurance and food.. He was prepared to drop 200k down on it
If done right, yes. There's quite a few ways to make this work well too. I've checked out something similar (Ninja Gym, indoor soccer and basketball facilities).
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:17 pm
ReignOnU wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:09 pm I've also looked at a couple of franchise opportunities
Which ones have you looked into?
Mostly fitness/sports related... Anytime, Legends Boxing, Floyd's BS program, Ninja Challenge, Premier Martial Arts... I've avoided anything with more than a complimentary level of food service.

I've done the most detailed research on Anytime. To the point that I could start the process of acquiring within a very short window. I know the optimal setup, stats, etc. I have 2 people I've talked to in detail that are multi-facility operators. 1 fairly local, 1 near Atlanta.

The concept that Nick mentioned actually applies to quite a few others as well. Anything that can be based out of a steel building, with generally irrelevant location needs (don't need prime real estate), that can produce 1 stream of steady income as a baseline that gets you to even, then 1 stream of varying baseline that you can consider 'bonus' revenue, is a solid concept. You have obvious factors of what it is, what competition is around and who that competition is, but there are a range of options. Ninja gyms are huge right now. Indoor soccer will continue to grow. Anything with birthday party or young adult party potential is a plus. About the only one that that can be tough is trampoline park. They seem super easy, but apparently insurance liability is a disaster. Ninja gyms don't seem to fall under that category of risk.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Seems risky considering the current culture and climate of everything moving to more remote based versus the brick and mortar aspects of business.

Also can see the flip side where you corner the market for everything else.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Those business adventures seems like there is too much work in it. I enjoy working my 4-8 days a month and cash in $3k and be done. Well, that was before fucking COVID! I did go out and talk to a customer today so we shall see how that goes, 10 trucks (5 day cabs / 5 sleepers) and 10 trailers (5 side dumps / 5 grain haulers). He currently pays $85 plus tax, plus driver cost and fuel cost to get it done 25 miles away from him. I think I'm just going to come in at $80 for the truck/trailer combo and collect a check every 2 weeks. He also has another business guy that owns 4 trucks and 4 trailers that will do what he does, so the potential to make $1120 biweekly. Told him I'd give him pricing for monthly ($130) biweekly ($80) and weekly ($50 to $60). He said he would definitely like biweekly cleanings but would do weekly if the price is right. I'd love to get the weekly price in there, even at $50 a truck/trailer combo that brings in $26k a year just from him alone.
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I need to find something like this and be my own boss and be able to work basically when I want to. If I have a Dr. appointment on Tuesday, would be nice to go to it and work around it easily.
I envy you George. Congrats again!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The_Niddler wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:16 pm I need to find something like this and be my own boss and be able to work basically when I want to. If I have a Dr. appointment on Tuesday, would be nice to go to it and work around it easily.
I envy you George. Congrats again!
It doesn't bring in a bunch of money but it brings in enough with my retirement/disability pay from the Army. Well, it did prior to this stupid ass pandemic. Now I'm just trying build the customer base again. Honestly, that is the hardest part. But once I get them to agree for me to wash, they don't switch to another company.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I should get some good video tonight, I have some larger moving truck vans to clean. I was cleaning them between 11:00 and 13 minutes by myself. So I'm hoping, from what I've heard, I can knock-off 30% of my wash time so hopefully I can get to 9-10 minutes on each of these trucks
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

No video tonight, trucks were too close to get a good time lapse video. That dam 2 step gun is heavy though after a couple of trucks. Bout time to start lifting weights
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:42 pm Seems risky considering the current culture and climate of everything moving to more remote based versus the brick and mortar aspects of business.

Also can see the flip side where you corner the market for everything else.
Yeah, now certainly isn't the time to make this move. But I also don't see this as something that should be considered as a risk factor in 2-3 years. (well, I should wait to see how the 2020 election and political landscape move through 2021... this kind of reaction could be the new norm)

With everything going remote based, that's often MORE time for people to get out and be active. I know it's been awesome for me, I've dropped over 30lbs since late Feb. Of course going remote also changes the professional opportunities that are available to me, so it's really tough to say. I basically started a new job yesterday and it's highly likely that I'm at least 50% at home, if not 100%. Working in FP&A, I rarely need to be onsite to do anything, so it could be a situation where I just use that to my advantage for a decade or so.

A lot of big changes for me and my family over the next year or 2... along with a really wild time going on in the country. Right now, I'm just gathering as much knowledge as I can on different things I'm interested in and working through stuff in 2-3 month increments vs 1-2yr plans that I've done for most of my career.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:13 pm Those business adventures seems like there is too much work in it. I enjoy working my 4-8 days a month and cash in $3k and be done. Well, that was before fucking COVID! I did go out and talk to a customer today so we shall see how that goes, 10 trucks (5 day cabs / 5 sleepers) and 10 trailers (5 side dumps / 5 grain haulers). He currently pays $85 plus tax, plus driver cost and fuel cost to get it done 25 miles away from him. I think I'm just going to come in at $80 for the truck/trailer combo and collect a check every 2 weeks. He also has another business guy that owns 4 trucks and 4 trailers that will do what he does, so the potential to make $1120 biweekly. Told him I'd give him pricing for monthly ($130) biweekly ($80) and weekly ($50 to $60). He said he would definitely like biweekly cleanings but would do weekly if the price is right. I'd love to get the weekly price in there, even at $50 a truck/trailer combo that brings in $26k a year just from him alone.
Once I check the box on a few other things, which should be in the <4yr range, I can put in 1 more solid year of building up, then I'd be more than comfortable in a situation doing 2x what you're doing. My wife hasn't worked for awhile now and as long as we don't get a crazy 2nd wave that knocks out schooling, she's going to start back again in the Fall. (Our youngest will be at full day kindergarten) Once that happens, everything accelerates. The faster we get the top priorities checked off, the faster I can say goodbye to answering to a bunch of "C"s and board members (who never agree on anything).
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Nothing like starting the 4th off on a bad note. One of my old customers hit me up 2 weeks ago to get me to go wash his trucks last weekend. I couldn’t do it last weekend due to a family trip we schedule every year for the last weekend in June. I told him I could come out July 4th weekend and he agreed. I told him to have all the trucks pulled away from the docks and the trucks on the other side of the building to be spaced out enough for me to wash them. Neither was done so I left. This is the same company I had last year that always paid late, would bitch about the back doors not getting cleaned (never pulled from the docks). Had COVID-19 never happened I would have never agreed to go wash for him since he is such a pain in the ass. But since COVID-19 did happen and all my business completely grinded to a hault I decided to overlook the past and just go wash. I emailed the guy a couple of days ago to let him know I’d be out today but never received a response. I told the wife last night that I probably wasn’t going to do it since I know what was going to happen. She talked me into going so I went out and low and behold, exactly what I though trucks not staged for washing. Here is my email I sent him and really don’t care if I ever wash for him. But if I do, I am going to a lawyer to get a contract done up with late charges so I have something more binding that just a phone call or an email.
I went to wash the trucks today, July 4th, but none of the trucks were pulled away from the docks and all the trucks on the west side were too close to wash them to my satisfaction. I hesitated on going out to wash the trucks today since I never received any feedback from the last email I sent to you on Thursday, but decided to go wash the trucks as I thought the trucks would be prepared as per your email you sent on June 24th. I should have stuck with my instincts and waited for your response as this morning I wasted 2 hours of my time and scheduled another companies fleet wash to next week since I thought we were washing your trucks today. If we should continue to move forward with our business relationship I will need some reassurances that this will not happen again. I also need for you to speak with NAPA to utilize their water source so I can finish the fleet in one day. If they are not allowing me to utilize their water source I can clean the fleet on consecutive days but I will start charging for water and transportation of the water as it puts extra wear and tear on the equipment.
And honestly I just wanted to send him a F-Off email rather than trying to be somewhat professional. He had someone else washing his trucks but that guy stopped for some reason or other and that is why he contacted me again. I should have stuck with my instincts. Lesson learned!
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

You don't need a lawyer, you can get a basic service contract online and do it yourself. I'd adjust his pricing to include a trip charge or consider a non-refundable deposit on the service if you really want to hold them to it.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:26 am You don't need a lawyer, you can get a basic service contract online and do it yourself. I'd adjust his pricing to include a trip charge or consider a non-refundable deposit on the service if you really want to hold them to it.
I really don't want to wash his trucks to be honest. But since this pandemic started I have lost $3k+ a month with all the paused services.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

"They" say demo's sell. So lets see if this one sells:

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Well "they" are correct. I'll be washing these trucks bi-weekly to monthly. He said he was pretty impressed on the job done and that the truck we cleaned hadn't been washed in a couple of years.
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Nice, good shit George
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

A little Saturday cleaning. We cleaned from 9:30 to 7:00. Had to knock off the hard mud first before we were able to wash them.

ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

George, To potentially get more clients, go sit at Truck stop with your setup.
You definitely do good work.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”