NBA Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by nick »

And it won’t matter cause that team won’t beat LA. Hell let’s see if KD in his 30s can elude the injury bug that he’s dealt with his entire career
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I also like that Kyrie doesn’t like it as if he wouldn’t be immediately shipped out if it meant being replaced by a better player in Harden
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:17 pm I also like that Kyrie doesn’t like it as if he wouldn’t be immediately shipped out if it meant being replaced by a better player in Harden
KD wouldn't allow Kyrie to be traded.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

The NBA offseason has become like those dramatic reality shows on Bravo.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:59 pm The NBA offseason has become like those dramatic reality shows on Bravo.
90 day fiance?
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Probably more like that housewives one with all the drama.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

you son of a bitch..im in

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Was that even english?
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Bulls gave up WCJ to move up 2 spots. They must love someone, that’s pretty bold
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:03 am Bulls gave up WCJ to move up 2 spots. They must love someone, that’s pretty bold
These moves have been very 2020.
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:03 am Bulls gave up WCJ to move up 2 spots. They must love someone, that’s pretty bold
Saw that's it a reported offer, not final. Only logical answer is that it's Wiseman they want, right?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

That's a pretty wild trade in a not so great top of the draft.

Obviously don't know who it is, but let's say it's Wiseman, are the Bulls really that confident that WIseman has more value than WCJ and the #4 pick? That IS bold!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ReignOnU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:03 pm Draft Order:
1.) Minnesota
2.) Golden State
3.) Charlotte
4.) Chicago
5.) Cleveland

First 2 mocks I looked at were the same... Ball to Minnesota, Edwards to Golden State, Wiseman to Charlotte and Toppin to Chicago. I don't like any of those 4 fits (maybe Wiseman if he fell to Charlotte, but we've seen their track record of drafting bigs).

My Thoughts:
1.) Minnesota - James Wiseman
You have D'lo at the point, just drafted Culver, acquired Beasley and still have Okogie (late '18 1st). Putting Ball beside D'lo is a huge mistake. Horrendous defensive duo. Not only that, neither is a natural fit to slide to the 2. This team is built around the buddy duo of D'lo and KAT, don't screw with that. Edwards just adds to the mess on the wing too. Wiseman however, is a legit C. This opens up KAT to float high and outside, which stretches the team opposing defense. Then it gives the T-wolves a tremendous paint presence.

2.) Golden State - LaMelo Ball
Edwards doesn't have the shot right now and I'm not sure he'll get it. I'd see him operating a bit more like Andre Iguodala did. It's a bit risky, but I'd take a shot with Ball. He wouldn't be a full time PG right away, but I think he can rotate through the position and Curry can definitely play off ball. Their offense is built around solid perimeter shooting and often has multiple players with ball handling duties. That's a system that Ball can succeed in.

3.) Charlotte - Obi Toppin
Honestly, they suck and they'll screw this pick up somehow. With that said, they've got a young mix of wing players and PJ Washington really isn't a good suited for the 4. There's no legit big man left, unless you believe Okongwu can become Bam Adebayo (doubt that). Toppin at least gives them a legit 4 and he's got an edge. That let's them slide Washington and Bridges down as needed or work different variations. The best play here is a trade out for them.

4.) Chicago - Anthony Edwards
This is the perfect scenario for Chicago. They've got a variety of options in the post and they've got White and LaVine shaping up as a nice duo. There's enough shooting on the team to open it up for Anthony Edwards. Chicago fans will eat up that D-Wade comparison.

5.) Cleveland - Maybe they'll move to Baltimore.

I still believe this to be the best option for Minnesota, other than trading that pick away. If Chicago is looking to move to 2, it has to be for Wiseman, unless Toppin did something to make them jump, which I don't think would be the case. I feel like Chicago is ok going forward with Coby White and LaVine.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 am That's a pretty wild trade in a not so great top of the draft.

Obviously don't know who it is, but let's say it's Wiseman, are the Bulls really that confident that WIseman has more value than WCJ and the #4 pick? That IS bold!
Could be possible... I've been on Wiseman as the gem of the draft from the start. But so many bigs with his profile don't show up in the NBA. It's the 'dream' that they all are Anthony Davis. Bulls are kind of soft in the middle with guys like Lauri and Carter. Wiseman has elite level shot blocking potential.

So let's say they see the AD kind of comparison... a lot of people think the draft is really weak. So if the alternative is WCJ/Obi Toppin vs. James Wiseman, I does kind of make sense for them.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

They're gonna fuck up Billy's world, make the trade, and take LaMelo!!!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Deni Avdija it is! Hey, just claim he's the next Toni Kukoc and the Bulls fans will love him.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I don’t see that deal as official anywhere and I hate it. Carter was wildly misused by Boylen, he can be a difference maker. If it does happen it better be for Wiseman. Anyone but LaMelo is my stance. I’d be pretty happy if we sat idle and took Deni
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Klay Thompson has a leg injury, same leg as the torn ACL, going through testing.

Rumors are that it's another torn ACL.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Good riddance Al Horford and thank God Elton isnt calling the shots anymore
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

ReignOnU wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 am
ReignOnU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:03 pm Draft Order:
1.) Minnesota
2.) Golden State
3.) Charlotte
4.) Chicago
5.) Cleveland

First 2 mocks I looked at were the same... Ball to Minnesota, Edwards to Golden State, Wiseman to Charlotte and Toppin to Chicago. I don't like any of those 4 fits (maybe Wiseman if he fell to Charlotte, but we've seen their track record of drafting bigs).

My Thoughts:
1.) Minnesota - James Wiseman
You have D'lo at the point, just drafted Culver, acquired Beasley and still have Okogie (late '18 1st). Putting Ball beside D'lo is a huge mistake. Horrendous defensive duo. Not only that, neither is a natural fit to slide to the 2. This team is built around the buddy duo of D'lo and KAT, don't screw with that. Edwards just adds to the mess on the wing too. Wiseman however, is a legit C. This opens up KAT to float high and outside, which stretches the team opposing defense. Then it gives the T-wolves a tremendous paint presence.

2.) Golden State - LaMelo Ball
Edwards doesn't have the shot right now and I'm not sure he'll get it. I'd see him operating a bit more like Andre Iguodala did. It's a bit risky, but I'd take a shot with Ball. He wouldn't be a full time PG right away, but I think he can rotate through the position and Curry can definitely play off ball. Their offense is built around solid perimeter shooting and often has multiple players with ball handling duties. That's a system that Ball can succeed in.

3.) Charlotte - Obi Toppin
Honestly, they suck and they'll screw this pick up somehow. With that said, they've got a young mix of wing players and PJ Washington really isn't a good suited for the 4. There's no legit big man left, unless you believe Okongwu can become Bam Adebayo (doubt that). Toppin at least gives them a legit 4 and he's got an edge. That let's them slide Washington and Bridges down as needed or work different variations. The best play here is a trade out for them.

4.) Chicago - Anthony Edwards
This is the perfect scenario for Chicago. They've got a variety of options in the post and they've got White and LaVine shaping up as a nice duo. There's enough shooting on the team to open it up for Anthony Edwards. Chicago fans will eat up that D-Wade comparison.

5.) Cleveland - Maybe they'll move to Baltimore.

I still believe this to be the best option for Minnesota, other than trading that pick away. If Chicago is looking to move to 2, it has to be for Wiseman, unless Toppin did something to make them jump, which I don't think would be the case. I feel like Chicago is ok going forward with Coby White and LaVine.
geez 0/5.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”