NBA Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by shel311 »

RIP Fat Zion...

A side by side from last year's Media Day to today's:

qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Best shape of his life (round)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

were excited that the next lebron is finally in shape. dude should of been dominating the league for 2+ years by now.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:28 pm were excited that the next lebron is finally in shape. dude should of been dominating the league for 2+ years by now.
We're forward thinking!!!

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I just hope he can stay healthy. I want to see what a full year of Zion dunks look like. Still not the best player in that draft, or even the best upside in the draft (we know who that is). But should be a great player, if he can stay healthy.
Spoiler!
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:24 pm I want to see what a full year of Zion dunks look like.
We've already seen a year of Fat Zion, and he put up 27ppg on 60% shooting, something quite literally that has never been done before.

Now we get in shape Zion.
GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:24 pm Still not the best player in that draft, or even the best upside in the draft
Bless your heart
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Ja's 3rd year was on par with Fat Zion in year 2. Zion was out all of last year, understandable. But there's no reason to think that Zion shouldn't duplicate those stats. As for ceiling. I'd say Zion has a higher ceiling still. His usage was somewhat limited by them forcing the ball to Ingram and by restricting his rebounding potential. Ja's usage jumped to nearly 34% last year, which was 5th highest in the league. For as good as he is, he's still just 81st in True Shooting (.575). If he can improve his 3pt efficiency, then he has a chance to improve. In comparison, Zion was 14th (.649) even with a poor performance from 3. He actually showed that he can shoot better in the prior season and while he was at Duke. It's very possible that he finishes top 10. If you just want to look at a more basic example, Zion's season was a 27.1 PER, while Morant had a 24.4, while playing with a roster that should have been very conducive to him having a higher PER. Again, I don't think Ja is bad, but I don't see him as better than Zion yet. Definitely concerning that Zion missed a whole season and he has the weight risk. Keep in mind, Ja isn't without risk here. He plays a reckless style and he's had 10 confirmed injuries that's cost him games over 3 years. Among those are ankles, back and hip. With the back being repeated and the hip certainly won't do that any favors.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Woo, that's a lot of money for Herro.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:43 pm Woo, that's a lot of money for Herro.
Seems like itll be a nothing burger the way I hear about the eventual cap spike
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Some of these contracts for NBA players is pretty amazing. Glad these guys are getting paid but some of these 3rd and 4th options on a team are getting paid more than a lot of HOFers from the 90s.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I'd rather they get it than the owners
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:48 pm Some of these contracts for NBA players is pretty amazing. Glad these guys are getting paid but some of these 3rd and 4th options on a team are getting paid more than a lot of HOFers from the 90s.
Wait til you you see the contracts starting on 2025.

The cap is projected to go up by as much as 40%.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:47 am I'd rather they get it than the owners
Agree to some extent.

I'd rather neither get this kind of money and the fans get a break at the ticket counter and concession stands. No reason a beer and hotdog should be over $20
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

But people keep buying them...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:54 am But people keep buying them...
That they do.

I prefer to go to minor league baseball games over the pros. I do wish we had something closer here for MLB/NBA/NFL games.
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:16 am
That they do.

I prefer to go to minor league baseball games over the pros. I do wish we had something closer here for MLB/NBA/NFL games.
I love going to the AA team games in Huntsville but they are damn near MLB prices for concessions. Not nearly as cheap as some others I've been to. I think its because they draw awesome attendance numbers. Pretty cheap for a ticket though.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:16 am
That they do.

I love going to the AA team games in Huntsville but they are damn near MLB prices for concessions. Not nearly as cheap as some others I've been to. I think its because they draw awesome attendance numbers. Pretty cheap for a ticket though.
I want to go see the Savannah Banana's team. Looks like it would be pretty entertaining judging by some of the YouTube videos.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I hit you up about it
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Man, they struck gold with that. It looks amazing and super fun and I bet they are always packed
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

My buddies and I were just talking about trying to go to one next year. Looks like a blast.
And when I lived up in Cleveland, going to a Lake County Captains minor league game, they had $1 dog and draft beers night! it was awesome. You left there full and drunk for about $15.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”