NBA Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by nick »

his heart couldnt take NDLB going to Discord
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Chet Holmgren with a “significant” foot injury playing in a pro am.

Big men and feet problem as common as the sun in the sky.

Yeeeesh
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Cnasty wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:41 pm Chet Holmgren with a “significant” foot injury playing in a pro am.

Big men and feet problem as common as the sun in the sky.

Yeeeesh
Out for the season :shock:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Maybe it'll give him some time to put some weight on that 125lb frame
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:04 am Maybe it'll give him some time to put some weight on that 125lb frame
Supposedly he got hurt guarding Lebron.
Welcome to the NBA kid. :x
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I'll take it!!!
NBA League Pass is "cutting prices dramatically for the 2022-23 season." The out-of-market package's premium tier, which "allows fans to watch on multiple devices at the same time and does not include commercials," came with a $280 price tag for the 2021-22 season. But for 2022-23, it will only cost $129.99. These moves follow League Pass "dropping its standard price to just $49.99 in January." Despite seeing a 30% increase in subscriptions last season, League Pass is "seemingly lowering its price in order to stay more in line with other streaming services,"
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Figured a post here was Zion out for the year again.....not the best player in that draft
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Gonna be a looooong year for Georgie.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Cavs get Mitchell. That is going to be a dangerous team. Mobley, Garland, Mitchell, and Allen. Bulls road getting tougher. Thankfully we are getting Giannis some day.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Sexton Lori 3 firsts and 2 pick swaps I read

I know you gotta pay for the stars but that feels excessive for a guy who hasn’t proven he can win anything
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I liked it for Cleveland at first. But I also didn't like Mitchell to the Knicks as they'd have a tiny, terrible defensive backcourt and that'll apply to Cleveland as well now.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Plus the 3rd player was their lottery pick from this year. I don't know much about him though. I still like it for Cavs. Only way they get a star there. Mobley will help with so many of the defensive mistakes and they have such an awesome young core with Mitchell/Garland/Mobley/Allen. Probably the best young core in the NBA now.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Over under 2.5 lottery picks for Utah through this deal?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

I like the trade for both sides for where each team is, it’s just jumped out as a lot.

How many freaking firsts do the jazz have now? I feel like they got like 4 or 5 from TWolves also.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

In both deals, they got 3 1sts, 2 pick swaps and effectively a 4th 1st by getting the teams most recent 1st in the draft that just happened a couple of months ago.

I imagine they're still short of the amount of 1sts the Thunder have. OKC has to start trading those pretty soon in trades.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Not a huge fan of the trade for the Cavs. Defensively, they didn't upgrade much, if at all. Offensively, because the team runs through Garland with 2 legit bigs on the floor at a time, I don't see how giving up 3 unprotected 1sts, Lauri and a recent high pick justifies the upgrade from Sexton to Mitchell. It could be a personal thing, but I really don't value Mitchell as someone that can takeover a game and dominate. If I'm giving up that haul, that's my expectation in return.

When I look at it compared to the Gobert deal from Minnesota's side, I could at least justify that they were getting a piece that they didn't have. Going from Jared Vanderbilt to Rudy Gobert, unlocking KAT defensively and getting IMO one of the few bigs that can completely dominate defensively, gave the trade some merit. I can foresee a situation where contractually, they have the horses to make a 5 year run in the top 5 of the west, limiting the value of those picks.

With Cleveland, I'm not sure that they've guaranteed that situation. Garland took a really nice step forward last season, but Sexton was out hurt, so he had to play scorer and facilitator. He did it well, I'm just not sure that's who he is every season. Okoro hasn't shown me anything in 2 seasons that suggests that he's a starter in the league. Love won't work and he needs to be moved. I do like LaVert as the 6th man. He may not like it, but I think he has potential to be the best 6th man in the league with his position flexibility/skillset. Allen's hit his ceiling last year, IMO. 16 ppg, 11 reb, and wildly inconsistent game-to-game performances. Mobley has shown flashes of KAT like ability and I think he can get there. But overall Altman is putting tons of faith in 1 real season from Garland and flashes from Mobley. It's not like they are sitting on Russell, Edwards and KAT, who are all "known" entities that Minnesota added Gobert to.
PSN: ReignOnU
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I think Garland is a legit all-star point guard and can repeat that offensively. I mostly worry about his health. Mitchell has been a guy that has taken over games offensively and proven he can do that. Some of those bubble games were epic going against Murray. I don't love his decision making and hopefully with another playmaker at the guard spot he can improve that. Defensively you have a point but Mitchell can be better than he was in Utah. They are really just banking on Mobley being so dominant defensively that they will be good, kinda like the Jazz did with Rudy.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

I’m not sure I disagree with anything Reign said but it’s still the right move for the Cavs, imo. You’re never getting a dude of his caliber to come in free agency. Now you’ve locked up a core that you can have some optimism about for the foreseeable future. When you’re in Cleveland I don’t think you can ask for more.

Mitchell is slightly overrated Imo (in the sense he’s never shown he can turn his production into consistent winning in playoffs even with a really nice squad around him) but he’s still a pretty efficient high usage guy. Those types don’t come around all that often and if you already have other pieces and can put one of those types into the group I like the idea.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:31 am I’m not sure I disagree with anything Reign said but it’s still the right move for the Cavs, imo. You’re never getting a dude of his caliber to come in free agency. Now you’ve locked up a core that you can have some optimism about for the foreseeable future. When you’re in Cleveland I don’t think you can ask for more.

Mitchell is slightly overrated Imo (in the sense he’s never shown he can turn his production into consistent winning in playoffs even with a really nice squad around him) but he’s still a pretty efficient high usage guy. Those types don’t come around all that often and if you already have other pieces and can put one of those types into the group I like the idea.
I think your first paragraph really nails and it's also why I didn't fault Minnesota. There isn't another Lebron James coming through Cleveland. It's an expensive shot, but likely their best shot they can take. Hard to argue with that.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Return to “Off Topic Forum”