College Football Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: College Football Thread

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I hope this same OSU team shows up against Bama, would make an amazing championship game
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Changed rules. You can stay on sideline after being ejected for targeting.

Clemson looks slow. Like this is their 12 game this season. OSU looks fresh. Like they only played 7.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 pm I hope this same OSU team shows up against Bama, would make an amazing championship game
Me too, cause any other team and we get our ass handed to us by Bama!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

BFiVL wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 pm Changed rules. You can stay on sideline after being ejected for targeting.

Clemson looks slow. Like this is their 12 game this season. OSU looks fresh. Like they only played 7.
:lol: Really, that is what you are going with?

Lol! That is downright laughable.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 pm Changed rules. You can stay on sideline after being ejected for targeting.

Didn't know that, thanks.

But if it was the other way around we could easily say Clemson looks like they have played 11 games previously and are firing on all cylinders while OSU has played 6 and are trying to figure out how to play in sync
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I would argue that way George.
It is harder to have your team ready when they have only played 7 games and no real talent.
Indiana was good, Northwestern was ok, but not top 10 teams typically.

And not like Clemson looked this bad the last 2 years when all teams have played a full schedule.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Fields is having one of those games that you see put up against Tulane
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Who would have guessed the Bama and ND game would be more competitive
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

imagine trying to convince a team to play 12 games next yr when u can make the playoffs/win a game at 6-0
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

For Dabo

Number 11 Huh?!?
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:46 am imagine trying to convince a team to play 12 games next yr when u can make the playoffs/win a game at 6-0
Completely different this year.

Every team will play their full schedule next year without covid lingering. Too much money not to play all the games
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

This one's on Trevor Lawrence, he didn't get the job done :)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nick wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:46 am imagine trying to convince a team to play 12 games next yr when u can make the playoffs/win a game at 6-0
Most of the top teams aren't really playing 12/13 games.
Teams are playing schools like Akron, Tulane, Arkansas, etc.

Bama beat Arkansas 52-3. You think they really played that game? That was an organized practice basically.
Clemson played The Citadel. They beat them 49-0. They beat Georgia Tech 73-7. So while they have 12 games on their schedule, 1 was postponed, they "played" 11 games. But some of those, like I said for Bama, are organized practices. Hell, They get more out of practice then they do beating a Georgia Tech team 73-7!

Ohio State had 9 games on their schedule, 3 (Maryland, Illinois & Michigan) got cancelled due to Covid.

So let's not act like this is a normal year for any teams playing.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Tom Herman out at Texas, Steve Sarkisian in.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Hopefully Sark has beaten his demons. Could be a great hire but everyone thought Herman was going to do big things.

I for one am just so happy to see Dabo lose
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

The_Niddler wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:31 pm I would argue that way George.
It is harder to have your team ready when they have only played 7 games and no real talent.

And not like Clemson looked this bad the last 2 years when all teams have played a full schedule.

Harder to play 7 games vs 12? That’s funny. No matter what 12 games you play even if it’s 12 games vs Sisters of the Poor that’s 5 more games on the body. 5 games where injuries happen. Bama plays 5 games then a champ game they still have two all Americans on the field instead of out for season with injuries.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:28 pm
The_Niddler wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:31 pm I would argue that way George.

Harder to play 7 games vs 12? That’s funny. No matter what 12 games you play even if it’s 12 games vs Sisters of the Poor that’s 5 more games on the body. 5 games where injuries happen. Bama plays 5 games then a champ game they still have two all Americans on the field instead of out for season with injuries.
We didn't say what was harder. You mentioned that one team looks like they played 6 games and the other 12, referencing the fresh legs. We just countered that the team playing 12 would have all the links ironed out versus the team playing 6 games. OSU proved they belonged there last night.

If, and I mean if, they beat Bama would you recognize them as the best team in 2020?
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

That’s a million dollar question. It’s a messed up year but when I see the ACC, BIG 12 and the SEC come the closest to putting on a real season and you see the BIG 10 change rules for a 5 win team when they were ineligible for their own conference game to have a shot at playoffs. It’s silly to me. They showed up Friday but when 3 of the 4 playoff teams played full schedules and OSU didn’t. They were really fortunate that the BIG 12 beat up on each other and didn’t have a one loss team.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:50 pmThey were really fortunate that the BIG 12 beat up on each other and didn’t have a one loss team.
Notre Dame was fortunate......I think that's what you were trying to say. Anyone trying to say OSU was not one of the best teams in the nation is pure disillusion
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I’m not saying they aren’t one of the best. But I don’t agree that you can play 5 games. Have rules changed by conf to play for conf title then get in with 6 wins when other teams have to play a full schedule opening themselves up for losses, injuries and fatigue. Small sample size passes eye test for sure but ND plays 6 games and they would pass same eye test too.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”