MLB Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: MLB Thread

Post by Cnasty »

ajalves wrote:you're assuming Betts wants to stay in boston. its not like he will be a RFA.....anyone can offer him that contract
He did.

And with nick on this one. Since we are both Sox fans, when have we ever worried about the luxury tax?
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

no doubt about that. I don't really understand the move and i loved Bett's game. Not sure what to make of it all yet
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

as a Jays fan I like it.. but barring injuries the Dodgers should steamroll the league now
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Dusty Baker expects a few inside pitches this year...LOL
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:49 pm Dusty Baker expects a few inside pitches this year...LOL

I'm guessing a guy gets beaned each series, on purpose.

This is one of those cheating scenarios where guys needs to be banned for life. If Pete Rose can be banned for life for betting baseball (and never against his own team) then these guys cheating their way to a World Series should get them banned as well.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Rose denied the allegations that he bet on baseball for years, starting with the investigation in 1989.

In 2002, Rose admitted to then-commissioner Bud Selig that he did bet on baseball while managing the Reds, which also was an admission he had been lying for well over a decade. He also maintained he never bet while playing, only as a manager.

In 2015, we find out Rose did bet as a player.

:lol: ya i believe Pete..
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

and theres the obvious

Given that he was manager in 1987 and didn't bet on the Reds every game, he totally tainted the game. There is evidence that Rose bet on 52 games in 1987. That's roughly one-third of the games.

Let's say that's how many times he bet on the Reds. That means that two out of every three games he didn't. So in the one game he did bet on the Reds, it seems pretty easy to see that he'd use his best relievers and manage harder to win the games when he had money on the line. His team trails early when he didn't bet on his team? Why not remove some of the starting position players to rest them and use the bottom-feeding relievers and prepare the team to win the next time he bet on them to win, right?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Him betting on the game did not determine the outcome. Astro's stealing signs definitely determined the outcome. So if one bets on baseball, and denies it for years, gets banned for life. Why wouldn't the others that cheated not be banned? Their actions had a major impact on the game, it would have been no different if Rose bet against his team and pulled a starter and put in an arm that he knew didn't favor his team. Cheating is Cheating. There is no grey lines.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

nick wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:44 pm and theres the obvious

Given that he was manager in 1987 and didn't bet on the Reds every game, he totally tainted the game. There is evidence that Rose bet on 52 games in 1987. That's roughly one-third of the games.

Let's say that's how many times he bet on the Reds. That means that two out of every three games he didn't. So in the one game he did bet on the Reds, it seems pretty easy to see that he'd use his best relievers and manage harder to win the games when he had money on the line. His team trails early when he didn't bet on his team? Why not remove some of the starting position players to rest them and use the bottom-feeding relievers and prepare the team to win the next time he bet on them to win, right?
Serious f'n gymnastics going on here
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Pete Rose never once told the truth. The guy who did the investigation believes Rose bet against his own team as well. Guy was a compulsive liar. Apparently it says the no gambling rule in every single clubhouse and he still broke it. Guys a fucking loser
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 pm Guys a fucking loser
Do you feel the same way about the guys in Houston? If not, I will have to question your moral compass if you think lying is ultimately bad to condemn someone but cheating is okay.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I thought altuve and Bregman at minimum should be banned. Pretty sure in this thread I said the suspensions was a slap on the wrist. (Page 65)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:13 pm I thought altuve and Bregman at minimum should be banned. Pretty sure in this thread I said the suspensions was a slap on the wrist. (Page 65)
I didn't go back to see what was posted. But yes, there should be some banning going on. What sucks is pitchers are going to get suspensions this year in retaliation for them cheating.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

the best part is all the other 29 teams currently dismantling their camera systems they used to get an advantage.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Baseball is a long ways away with the current pandemic, but Syndegaard down with Tommy John to be performed
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

DRWebs wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:20 pm Baseball is a long ways away with the current pandemic, but Syndegaard down with Tommy John to be performed
I blame Corona.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

1. Ankiel <333
2. a forgotten Yankee.. Alfonso Soriano.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Sox got off super light in their punishment in this video/sign scandal compared to the Astros.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:11 pm Sox got off super light in their punishment in this video/sign scandal compared to the Astros.
I think players and coaches should have been suspended for at least a season. Cheating at this level is unacceptable
ImageImageImage
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

MLB contracting 40 MiLB teams, ouch.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”