Tiger/Golf

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Re: Tiger

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Uuaww wrote:I never realized how short billy must be
I was on a slight uphill
ImageImageImageImage
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Can someone explain to me (because I read the thing about Duval as well) how you can play the wrong ball? There has to be someone out there watching......or what is his caddy doing? I am SUPER confused.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I'm with you on this one. It's one thing when you're a hack like me, playing any decent ball in my bag and I happen to have a Calloway, Titleist and TaylorMade all in my pocket/cart at once. I've had it happen, maybe 2-3 times ever. Really hard to imagine that I wouldn't be using very clearly marked balls as a pro.

Side note, I don't buy new golf balls. Makes no sense for my level of play. What I do have is a really nice ball retriever. I hit 1 in the woods, I come out with 3. 1 in the water, I walk away up 2. :-)
PSN: ReignOnU
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

packsyd2284 wrote:Can someone explain to me (because I read the thing about Duval as well) how you can play the wrong ball? There has to be someone out there watching......or what is his caddy doing? I am SUPER confused.
Up to the player to identify the ball. He had already hit 2 tee shots on that hole and that was his 3rd. He was already doing shitty. Marshall found it, he likely just took a peek and hacked away at it. Didn't notice til 2 shots later.

It shouldn't happen if you're paying attention, but he likely DGAF at that point anyways and was just in a hurry to not hold up the other players.
ImageImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

JB Holmes was on the course, he had time.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
packsyd2284 wrote:Can someone explain to me (because I read the thing about Duval as well) how you can play the wrong ball? There has to be someone out there watching......or what is his caddy doing? I am SUPER confused.
Up to the player to identify the ball. He had already hit 2 tee shots on that hole and that was his 3rd. He was already doing shitty. Marshall found it, he likely just took a peek and hacked away at it. Didn't notice til 2 shots later.

It shouldn't happen if you're paying attention, but he likely DGAF at that point anyways and was just in a hurry to not hold up the other players.
I get it but I have caddied for my buddy who is on PGA Latin America and has played on the Web and I just don't see how this shit can happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

packsyd2284 wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:

I get it but I have caddied for my buddy who is on PGA Latin America and has played on the Web and I just don't see how this shit can happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably wasn't 2 foot tall thick ass rough... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Tiger being chased down by Matsuyama in Japan while attempting to tie Sneads PGA wins record. Don’t usually get too fired up over October golf but this is gooooooood
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Been following the leaderboard but haven't figured out the timing of the rounds. What time does he start today?
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Goes off at 5:30 PM CST tonight and has 7 holes to go with a 3 shot lead
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Based on the criteria of Sneads wins, Tiger already has 95 anyways. But gotta beat the 82 anyways
ImageImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Back?

Back!!
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Masters week officially moved to Nov 9-15. Man, never thought I’d have Masters week during my birthday. Tiger going back to back is best gift ever
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Solid back to back reference
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

wdoupis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:56 am Masters week officially moved to Nov 9-15. Man, never thought I’d have Masters week during my birthday. Tiger going back to back is best gift ever
I know they still golf in November, but feels like that will be drastically different weather conditions.

Average April weather in Georgia:
Typically 56-76 degrees, so lets say daily averages in the mid-60s.

Average November weather in Georgia:
Typically 41-59 degrees, so lets say daily averags around 50.

Probably 15 degrees colder daily in November. The course will likely play different than it ever has as a result.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

dakshdar wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 pm
wdoupis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:56 am Masters week officially moved to Nov 9-15. Man, never thought I’d have Masters week during my birthday. Tiger going back to back is best gift ever
I know they still golf in November, but feels like that will be drastically different weather conditions.

Average April weather in Georgia:
Typically 56-76 degrees, so lets say daily averages in the mid-60s.

Average November weather in Georgia:
Typically 41-59 degrees, so lets say daily averags around 50.

Probably 15 degrees colder daily in November. The course will likely play different than it ever has as a result.
Yeah, I just read something about that. Unfortunately that hurts Tiger as far as his back getting loose in cold weather but at the same time will be really cool to get this one time shot to see it play completely differently. The Masters is my favorite sporting event and I am just glad they have not punted on it this year.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

That backdrop should be completely different too I would assume and not so green and lush all Masters-y
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Cnasty wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm That backdrop should be completely different too I would assume and not so green and lush all Masters-y
Could be amazing if it's the time of year you get leaves changing colors in Georgia (I only know the northeast from personal reference and you aren't going to have much in the way of leaves left on trees in November up there)...
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

dakshdar wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 pm
Cnasty wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm That backdrop should be completely different too I would assume and not so green and lush all Masters-y
Could be amazing if it's the time of year you get leaves changing colors in Georgia (I only know the northeast from personal reference and you aren't going to have much in the way of leaves left on trees in November up there)...
This site seems to suggest similar timing to the tournament...

https://www.exploregeorgia.org/things-t ... in-georgia
“When will the leaves change?” That’s the question park rangers hear most often once the calendar turns to October. Only Mother Nature knows, of course, but peak color in Georgia is usually toward the end of October or early November.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Will be awesome to see that vast difference.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”