College Basketball

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: College Basketball

Post by wdoupis »

Typical Cal team. He will have them humming in February and will be a contender
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Creighton and Kansas plays in 15 minutes. Should be a good game
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 pm Typical Cal team. He will have them humming in February and will be a contender
I don't know about that. I've watched 2 of their games so far and that team is a bunch of individuals. Cal needs to go with some of their non true freshman to start the game and mentor these young men into how to play basketball at a higher level than high school. I do hope they suck this year because Mintz transferred there from Creighton knowing damn well he'll see less playing time with all the super freshmen Kentucky brings in every year.
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

But this happens with Cal almost every year. If they are still playing in February then KY will be a top 12 team.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

University of Florida kid collapsed on court. Had covid in summer
Currently in a coma. Good times
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:10 pm University of Florida kid collapsed on court. Had covid in summer
Currently in a coma. Good times
Medically induced coma, which he is out of now and Following simple commands and undergoing further tests

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 545308002/
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:46 pm
wdoupis wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 pm Typical Cal team. He will have them humming in February and will be a contender
I don't know about that. I've watched 2 of their games so far and that team is a bunch of individuals. Cal needs to go with some of their non true freshman to start the game and mentor these young men into how to play basketball at a higher level than high school. I do hope they suck this year because Mintz transferred there from Creighton knowing damn well he'll see less playing time with all the super freshmen Kentucky brings in every year.
This team is not a good team. No leadership, they don't seem to be terribly fond of each other, and I have heard some whispers around the program that the biggest issue is that Kenny Payne is no longer around to do the grunt coaching work that Cal's teams have thrived on. And it's showing. Also have had multiple friends around the program say that players have even walked out of meetings/practices.

Cal has no clue what to do about this team and our postgame shows are nothing but angry callers. The honeymoon is truly over for him, it's been 5+ years since a Final Four and the fanbase is getting tired of the one-and-done stuff.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Wisconsin basketball's starting lineup is older than the Chicago Bulls starters
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Joe Lunardi is embarrassing himself claiming this Kentucky team can still sneak into the tournament.

No, they can't. They're 5-10 with nobody who can create for themselves. Just stop lol

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Les Miles fired for sexual harassment and tying to, "Sexualize student workers in the football program."
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Guess that was supposed to be for the football thread. Ope!

CREIGHTON and UCONN game tonight should be a fun one.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Patrick Ewing got his team playing great at the right time. I love seeing the greats come back and coach their alma mater and do well. Same goes for Juwan Howard at Michigan.

Oh yeah, and Nebraska sucks in basketball. Probably should go in the Not So Newsworthy thread. But they do have 2 top 60 recruits coming in. One being the 20-something recruit in the nation 5 star shooting guard out of SC, his brother will be a senior for the huskers.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Better enjoy whatever Creighton pulls off this year, because it's about to be a shitshow.

Signing Tyty Washington was huge... saying some dumb shit and losing Tyty will be devastating. I got to see him play in person on Monday night and he's so smooth. I'm not sure that he can play defense on the best guards in the country, but he's a helluva leader, slick with the ball and has an effortless shot with great range. His posture/build is tough to explain... it's not athletic at all, but his game is a lot like Trae Young's. His squad absolutely embarrassed a stacked Ypsi squad, that has the #2 Jr in the country on it.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Why will it be a shit show? Because they lost a great prospect? I think Mcdermott has shown he can recruit to fit the team style of play.

Or do you think he gets fired after the season? Which is actually my worry
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

It's a bad situation either way...
1.) He gets fired in a goofy after the season review, recruits transfer, plan is set back
2.) Somehow he stays and kids just snub the program because of him

That's just not one of those things that you sweep under the rug in college basketball and having a high-profile recruit do that to them is a really big deal.
PSN: ReignOnU
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Alabama has a basketball team? Who knew? RTR
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:48 pm Alabama has a basketball team? Who knew? RTR
SEC is garbage so no....they don't have a team
ImageImageImage
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Having all the games here in Indiana presents a pretty cool opportunity so we’re taking advantage of it.

My son is getting some feelers from Morehead State so we're going to their game Friday night. We're going to the Gonzaga game Saturday night. I would have rather gone to some of the others but my kid was adamant that he wanted to see Gonzaga. I guess it's not often that you get to see an undefeated #1 team in person in the tournament so I guess I'll look at it that way.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

LetsGoPeay wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:57 am Having all the games here in Indiana presents a pretty cool opportunity so we’re taking advantage of it.

My son is getting some feelers from Morehead State so we're going to their game Friday night. We're going to the Gonzaga game Saturday night. I would have rather gone to some of the others but my kid was adamant that he wanted to see Gonzaga. I guess it's not often that you get to see an undefeated #1 team in person in the tournament so I guess I'll look at it that way.
Jealous...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Really cool man. I have Illinois taking down Zaga in the finals but they are freaking loaded

Return to “Off Topic Forum”