Tesla Talk

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: Tesla Talk

Post by nick »

Widespread electric vehicle adoption would save billions of dollars, thousands of lives. If EVs replaced 25% of combustion-engine cars currently on the road, the United States would save approximately $17 billion annually by avoiding damages from climate change and air pollution.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nick wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:26 am Widespread electric vehicle adoption would save billions of dollars, thousands of lives. If EVs replaced 25% of combustion-engine cars currently on the road, the United States would save approximately $17 billion annually by avoiding damages from climate change and air pollution.
United States would save on the pollution, but the country where the stuff is mined to make the batteries would get worse, so as a world, we would still be where we are today.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Electric vehicles will never be the American vehicle of choice until they can travel as far as a gas vehicle and be able to recharge in roughly the same amount of time to fill up a gas tank.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 am
nick wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:26 am Widespread electric vehicle adoption would save billions of dollars, thousands of lives. If EVs replaced 25% of combustion-engine cars currently on the road, the United States would save approximately $17 billion annually by avoiding damages from climate change and air pollution.
United States would save on the pollution, but the country where the stuff is mined to make the batteries would get worse, so as a world, we would still be where we are today.
Nah, they may not be perfect but overall they're certainly better for the environment than gas vehicles.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

We decided to take the EV plunge. Getting a Nissan leaf plus thru my work. Since we get free charging at work I'm hoping we won't need to install a charger at home and trickle charging will be sufficient if we ever need to charge at home.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Nice!

Couple of big news and notes lately. Elon says there will be a $25k Tesla in 3 years. That's 6 years in Elon time but still cool. Oh, and on the flip side to that they also announced the Model S Plaid is finally for sale. That's a $140k S that has 520 miles range, top speed over 200mph, and 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

California also announced an executive order that states by 2035 all new cars must be zero emissions.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Elon surpassed Jeff Bezos as richest man in the world.
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Bought one TSLA stock two weeks ago and i’m already up $200. Anyone have any opinions of the long term outlook?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

General Motors said Thursday that it will end the sale of all gasoline and diesel powered passenger cars and sports utility vehicles by 2035, marking an historic turning point for the big U.S.-based carmaker and a future full of new electric vehicles for American motorists.
The move won’t affect medium and heavy duty trucks, but it will include everything from cars and crossovers to full-size trucks and SUVs, such as the light-duty Silverado and Yukon.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:01 pm
The move won’t affect medium and heavy duty trucks, but it will include everything from cars and crossovers to full-size trucks and SUVs, such as the light-duty Silverado and Yukon.

That's not gonna go well for them if they can't figure out the battery for long haul purposes. I tow close to 8k pounds routinely in my 1500 and if MOPAR was to go that way I would look elsewhere if I can't get 250 miles out of a charge while towing and quick battery charging.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Holy moly, Elon and Spade X just landed the Starship for the first time.

I'm sure Twitter will have videos soon.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Goat
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

And 5 minutes after landing, the thing just blew the F up :lol:

It was amazing, both the landing and the explosion.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

TIL some German dude wrote a book in 1953 called the Mars Project, and in that book he referenced a person named "Elon" that would bring humans to Mars.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Elon Musk spends $3bil to purchase 9% of Twitter, and he is now Twitter's largest shareholder.

This should be fun.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:54 am Elon Musk spends $3bil to purchase 9% of Twitter, and he is now Twitter's largest shareholder.

This should be fun.
He is against the censorship of people just because of what they say. I think this goes even further and he may end up being a majority shareholder. Kind of odd that you have someone that is accused of war crimes (putin) on Twitter and political leaders in the US have been banned.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Elon is now trying to buy 100% of Twitter, I believe at $41 billion, and it private.

This dude is wild.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I got into a pretty bad wreck a couple weeks ago, Bozo blew through a red light and t-boned me. Thankfully no serious injuries and I was able to walk away. That aside, car was totaled and has expedited my transition to electric. I looked around at other options, the Kia EV6, mustang Mach e, Ford lightning. Ultimately ended up ordering a model Y. Confidence in their charging systems and prolonged track record with electric ultimately sold me, that said I really wanted one of the Ford models. Unfortunately they aren't even taking orders for either at the moment

Return to “Off Topic Forum”