Tesla Talk

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: Tesla Talk

Post by ReignOnU »

I was eagerly anticipating this... looking for a reason to not drive into the craziness that is a Trackhawk. Functionally, amazing. But that look... whew, I don't know.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:I was eagerly anticipating this... looking for a reason to not drive into the craziness that is a Trackhawk. Functionally, amazing. But that look... whew, I don't know.
I got the go ahead to put a deposit down on this one tonight shortly before the live stream. 1 second after we saw it, yea that was a big no.

Well that's technically not true. The wife and I both honestly, 100% thought it was a joke and they'd bring out the real truck. After about 30 seconds, we realized it was the real thing. I think the crowd thought the same, it got real quiet after it rolled out. At one point, Elon even said something like, "Yep, this is it. This is the Cybertruck." And it almost felt forced, like he felt he had to say it because the crowd didn't think it was real.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:I was eagerly anticipating this... looking for a reason to not drive into the craziness that is a Trackhawk. Functionally, amazing. But that look... whew, I don't know.
I got the go ahead to put a deposit down on this one tonight shortly before the live stream. 1 second after we saw it, yea that was a big no.

Well that's technically not true. The wife and I both honestly, 100% thought it was a joke and they'd bring out the real truck. After about 30 seconds, we realized it was the real thing. I think the crowd thought the same, it got real quiet after it rolled out. At one point, Elon even said something like, "Yep, this is it. This is the Cybertruck." And it almost felt forced, like he felt he had to say it because the crowd didn't think it was real.
No comment about the guy who threw the ball bearing at the window? Could you imagine if they actually put a man up there that knew how to throw something. It would have gone thru the that window and the passenger window.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

This was a shitshow. Truck looks like it came out of the 2D kids game (can't remember the name, where everything is blocks it seems). Fully loaded was $70k I believe I saw.

Only cool thing was the ATV

ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Stock is down 5.5% this morning.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

that truck was in the first Total Recall...or maybe it was Robocop....the one from the '80s
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I woke up this morning thinking it was all just a nightmare. :(
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:I woke up this morning thinking it was all just a nightmare. :(
I'm not exaggerating when i say the wife and I spent a good 10 seconds thinking that was really not the truck and it was just a joke.

I feel like the crowd thought the same thing, it got real quiet. And at one point shortly after the truck rolled onto the stage, Elon kinda awkwardly says something like, "This is it, this is the Cybertruck." And it honestly felt like he was saying that because the crowd felt the same, they weren't sure if it was real or not.

Then throw in the broken glass fiasco, just a disaster all around. This is supposed to be a mass marketed pick up, but it feels like a niche product at best. Elon has proved folks wrong before, so I guess we'll see in a few years if he's done so again.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
I'm not exaggerating when i say the wife and I spent a good 10 seconds thinking that was really not the truck and it was just a joke.

I feel like the crowd thought the same thing, it got real quiet. And at one point shortly after the truck rolled onto the stage, Elon kinda awkwardly says something like, "This is it, this is the Cybertruck." And it honestly felt like he was saying that because the crowd felt the same, they weren't sure if it was real or not.

Then throw in the broken glass fiasco, just a disaster all around. This is supposed to be a mass marketed pick up, but it feels like a niche product at best. Elon has proved folks wrong before, so I guess we'll see in a few years if he's done so again.
People will buy it as it sat right there on the stage just to say they own a Tesla truck. I don't see it being too hard for him to change the body style up to somewhat resemble a truck.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:People will buy it as it sat right there on the stage just to say they own a Tesla truck.
Sure, a very small handful of people will do this.
GeorgesGoons wrote: I don't see it being too hard for him to change the body style up to somewhat resemble a truck.
I don't see that happening.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

When they showed the $39,900 price tag for the cheapest version last night, I had a brief momentwhere I thought, even though I don't like the look, it may be cool to be one of the first to get this and it'll turn some heads.

Then I remembered I absolutely loathe strangers coming up to me and striking up conversations, and this thing will be a magnet for random people to come up to me, so why would I want a hideously ugly truck that also makes stranger talk to me... :lol:
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i really don't think its that ugly. its certainly not for everyone but its unique and not the cookie cutter car everyone else offers.

i'm not a fan of the look of the S or even the 3 to be honest... i've always thought they look like souped up Kia's.

i'm also not a car guy and haven't owned one in like 9 or 10 years... so my vote doesn't really count

i also agree with AJ, it looks like they went thru every 1990's movie of what future trucks are supposed to look like and rolled that out
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: i'm also not a car guy and haven't owned one in like 9 or 10 years... so my vote doesn't really count
:shock:

How do you get groceries? Do you just Uber/Lyft everywhere you go?
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote:

Thought it was a joke as well... even past the point of the window. I thought they'd so something cheeky and be like "what if you could get this structural design and durability in this..." Tada! Hah, nope, but here's an electric ATV. :D
PSN: ReignOnU
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

ajalves wrote:that truck was in the first Total Recall...or maybe it was Robocop....the one from the '80s
:lol:
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

That has to be a fake prototype
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

The truck is like straight out of MineCraft!
Ugly as hell!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The_Niddler wrote:The truck is like straight out of MineCraft!
Ugly as hell!
That's the name of the game I was trying to think of last night
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

tesla's like a cult though...it'll sell just fine
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:tesla's like a cult though...it'll sell just fine
Corey is part of that cult, he hates it.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”