Tesla Talk

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Tesla Talk

Post by Cnasty »

Since I know we have some Elon lovers in here next to me, I will throw this here.

Elon just drops little tidbits like this and dropped this one on Sunday:
Unveiling a new Tesla product this Wednesday
Lots of speculation regarding new Autopilot hardware.

Also, the first 12 months of the Model 3 production are completely sold out. That is insane to imagine a car that is probably a year and a half away in the minimum is completely sold out for a year.

Change is coming! :)
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: Tesla Talk

Post by DRiccio21 »

its interesting hearing your perspective of it as a fan boy vs mine as an investor. i've been in the stock for years and the negativity around the stock is about at all time highs right now.

there are a million factors about why that is and how stocks work and that can actually be an extremely bullish sign that people are so fed up with the stock.

but anyways, go elon!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Shots fired!!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:its interesting hearing your perspective of it as a fan boy vs mine as an investor. i've been in the stock for years and the negativity around the stock is about at all time highs right now. there are a million factors about why that is and how stocks work and that can actually be an extremely bullish sign that people are so fed up with the stock.
What are the negatives and do you agree with those assessments?
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I read about that yesterday. The article I read initially sounded like the 3 was going to be delayed again, but it later clarified that it simply meant new purchases would be waiting until '18.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

DRiccio21 wrote:its interesting hearing your perspective of it as a fan boy vs mine as an investor. i've been in the stock for years and the negativity around the stock is about at all time highs right now.

there are a million factors about why that is and how stocks work and that can actually be an extremely bullish sign that people are so fed up with the stock.

but anyways, go elon!
Yours as an investor is being tainted by the system holding Tesla down and the media spreading unsubstantiated information such as Weasel just saw below with an inaccurate article.

Not saying you, but the stock itself I am assuming is being swayed and controlled by big auto and media reports.

They are F'ing with the auto industry and the media, car makers, and oil do not like this. I won't be surprised if Elon is Mexican judge'd pretty soon here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

stock really isn't 'being held down'.

it's acting fairly normal for how big growth stocks act. the problem the stock has is that they haven't shown an ability to make $ yet. once they show earnings and consecutive quarters of earnings acceleration the stock should come back in favor.

fund managers love Elon, they love the stock, they just can't deploy new capital that they haven't already until the company actually produces profits. the same thing happened to AMZN for years, to NFLX and to many other transformational businesses.

there are only a handful of stocks in the entire mkt (roughly 5000 companies) that have had the stock price up each of the last 6 or 7 years and TSLA is one of them. its just that its gone nowhere since about 2014 (so even tho its been up its been in a trading range), with that said the stock was 17 in 2010 and is now 200... again there are a million factors that go into that, mostly market related to why its been stagnant/choppy recently, but the company going profitable is the type of thing that allows fund managers to deploy more capital to the investment.

thats enough work talk!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

shel311 wrote:Shots fired!!!
no shots fired at all... in case you missed the part that i own the stock and love elon
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Elon is either the greatest human ever, or if religion and shit is true he's Lucifer in the flesh.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I would assume that with the launch of the 3 and the success that the S and X have had in their recent quarters they will be making money by 2018?

For almost 500,000 people to have $1000 reserves on a car they havent even driven yet is pretty impressive and a sign Tesla is changing the industry and a lot of people do not like that at all.

Hell, Porsche and other huge luxury car manufacturers were almost forced to create an electric car based on what the 3 has done to the industry and gaining popularity of Tesla.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

shel311 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:its interesting hearing your perspective of it as a fan boy vs mine as an investor. i've been in the stock for years and the negativity around the stock is about at all time highs right now. there are a million factors about why that is and how stocks work and that can actually be an extremely bullish sign that people are so fed up with the stock.
What are the negatives and do you agree with those assessments?
the only negative that matters thats holding the stock down is the inability to come thru on his #'s he's projecting. they've missed every target he's basically ever set. much of that is expected at this point as he typically just throws out pie in the sky type projections and nobody really takes them seriously anymore. but he said they'd be cash flow positive for like 3 years and they still aren't... so investors have grown some what annoyed by that.

in stocks, negatives are actually positives as long as it doesn't effect the stock price. if there is only positive data being presented then there is no 'other side' to the mkt and when the music stops everyone is forced to sell. when there is negative news and the stock doesn't go down its a sign that there is a strong underlying demand for the stock. when that news turns positive all those people who were negative become built up energy as they need to buy the stock back and that creates the momentum for higher prices.

it's sort of like holding a ball under water, once they report positive earnings growth the pressure 'should' be let off and then it can continue its uptrend.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Cnasty wrote:I would assume that with the launch of the 3 and the success that the S and X have had in their recent quarters they will be making money by 2018?

For almost 500,000 people to have $1000 reserves on a car they havent even driven yet is pretty impressive and a sign Tesla is changing the industry and a lot of people do not like that at all.

Hell, Porsche and other huge luxury car manufacturers were almost forced to create an electric car based on what the 3 has done to the industry and gaining popularity of Tesla.
they should be cash flow positive any quarter. but they've been saying that for years. next years earnings projections are huge and markets are forward looking. so if the stock starts to pop a little, thats likely anticipation of them making money soon. if the stock keeps dipping, then its people giving up conviction that he can execute. anything between say 185-260 is just noise and doesn't really matter.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

one of the selfish things i enjoy is when Dave randomly drops financial knowledge. Its mind boggling but also makes sense.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:
no shots fired at all... in case you missed the part that i own the stock and love elon
It was my joke on the "fanboy" and Debbie Downer tone of the 1st reply to Corey's very happy and exciting Tesla Talk thread. :)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:For almost 500,000 people to have $1000 reserves on a car they havent even driven yet is pretty impressive and a sign Tesla is changing the industry and a lot of people do not like that at all.
Not sure if she's serious, but the wife is dropping hints about the Tesla 3 when she's due to re-up with a car, which will be right around that time, 3 years or so.

I'm not happy about it. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

damn Tesla is like Sheltown. Always promising that win, but never actually achieving it. Wonder if the Sheltown board is getting sick of it.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

nick wrote:one of the selfish things i enjoy is when Dave randomly drops financial knowledge. Its mind boggling but also makes sense.
nothing i do is mind boggling. its all very simple shit that any of you guys here could do.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Has Elon given reasons for continually missing the mark on projections/being cash flow positive?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

shel311 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:
It was my joke on the "fanboy" and Debbie Downer tone of the 1st reply to Corey's very happy and exciting Tesla Talk thread. :)
oh i'm a fanboy too!

i just don't post about it like Corey cause to be honest i don't know much about cars. i just love people like Elon who are eternal optimists and want to make things better even at the risk of fucking up. its how i wish everyone tried to live rather than being petrified of risk.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”