Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I shouldn't let all these boarded up businesses not have some kind of vandalism. Guess I'll go down and throw some rocks since my candidate is going to lose :roll:
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:43 am Also seems like at this point its not really that significant if it's trump or biden as the Dems look like they will retain the house and repubz will retain the Senate. So four more years of nothing being accomplished lol 🤦
Not at all. Biden said he can get both to work together. We all good now
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:04 pmIt's over
I gave it the old Shel jinx!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

This seems plausible: If Trump finishes up winning GA/NC/PA/AK he'd finish up losing 270-268.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:01 pm This seems plausible: If Trump finishes up winning GA/NC/PA/AK he'd finish up losing 270-268.
So not that blue wave everyone was predicting?

I think you'll see a big republican push in 2022 and a conservative president in 2024...Noem or Haley at the top of the ticket could win
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

We said last year, we said this year...the Blue Wall is real.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Its very clear no matter who wins this damn mess, we need voting reform in this country.

It is freakin 2020 and we have millions of votes still not counted and relying on paper and mail and individual people counting ballots.

Come on America!
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:04 pm
shel311 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:01 pm This seems plausible: If Trump finishes up winning GA/NC/PA/AK he'd finish up losing 270-268.

I think you'll see a big republican push in 2022 and a conservative president in 2024...Noem or Haley at the top of the ticket could win
You really see the decreasing margins and the trends in texas, georgia, and North Carolina improving in 4 years to get a conservative pres back to having a shot at 270?

While trump isnt for sure out of it yet this year this election gave some very intriguing trends for Dems in upcoming elections for the very narrow path republicans have to a presidency. Don't ya think?

This election was a huge punch in the gut for real liberals and set them back another 2 or 3 election cycles. This will only fuel the fire in the DNC trotting out "moderates" for president and that isn't a recipe for repubz picking up more votes then they got this go around.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

1.2 million pa votes remain and its 6-1 Biden so that’s like 1m Biden 200k Trump
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I'm here for all of the Michigan conspiracy theories :)
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

So trumpers campaign has said itwants to count every single vote no matter what in Nevada and arizona but wants to stop counting votes in pennsylvania c'mon man :lol:
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Cnasty wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 pm Its very clear no matter who wins this damn mess, we need voting reform in this country.

It is freakin 2020 and we have millions of votes still not counted and relying on paper and mail and individual people counting ballots.

Come on America!
This is what blockchain was made for. Immutable ledger. See you in 2044 when they implement it.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

My buddy had 24 000 on Biden over many bets. Needless to say he’s happy
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:53 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:04 pm

You really see the decreasing margins and the trends in texas, georgia, and North Carolina improving in 4 years to get a conservative pres back to having a shot at 270?
In short.....yes. Trump is extremely polorizing and it wouldn't be hard to get the suburban housewives back.
While trump isnt for sure out of it yet this year this election gave some very intriguing trends for Dems in upcoming elections for the very narrow path republicans have to a presidency. Don't ya think?
He is out of it. But there are some intriguing trends for conservatives as well. The black vote was up, the hispanic/latino vote was up....so that's a bright side.
This election was a huge punch in the gut for real liberals and set them back another 2 or 3 election cycles. This will only fuel the fire in the DNC trotting out "moderates" for president and that isn't a recipe for repubz picking up more votes then they got this go around.
Dems should really be worried if the biden/harris ticket doesn't do anything for the black/hispanic vote. I think the black vote can start going conservative in the future. The housewife vote can really swing things if we put up someone that represents their values
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I've been crazy busy with the home purchase, house prep, showing, negotiations, etc... so I'm pretty out of the loop today.

PA ended up being a pain in the ass like I thought. That one seemed pretty obvious. IDK what happened in Wisconsin/Michigan today, but I ran numbers late last night and it was highly improbable that those 2 flipped to Biden. So either the site I pulled county level info from was trash or something incredible happened.

Random thought I had during discussion with some friends in a group text...

Will this be a hidden victory for republicans if Biden wins? Hear me out...

If Trump wins, it's 4 more years of Russia, Tax Returns, Orange Man Bad, etc. Then in 2024, they are going to have a powerhouse candidate like Michelle Obama that would potentially roll to a big win and even promote that blue wave with huge voter turn out.

If Biden wins, let me give 2 scenarios... First, he's propped up like Bernie Lomax for 4 years. Meanwhile, goofiness runs wild in the House. Whatever happens with the 2nd surge of COVID gets pinned on him. He's not really reelectable and I don't see him having a powerhouse run of 4 years, with the first 2 having a Rep senate. If he messes up in the first 2yrs, he could actually lose some senate seats and really set it up for a big Rep 2024.

Second option, which I think is most likely... He's out in 2yrs. Kamala is the president at the end of the term. In the first 2yrs, it's still mostly the same as above. Kamala has a more liberal record. There's a risk that in 2yrs the senate flips. She could do some serious damage. That'll really turn up the republican base though. I also think you'd start seeing moderates flip, as long as Trump isn't back in 2024. Kamala runs for reelection, she's a shitty candidate and someone like Haley steps up on the Rep side... it actually could be a huge shift.

The other thing to keep an eye on is how remote work starts to impact the cities and suburbs. I don't think we see this impact as much before '24, but further down the line, I really wonder how that plays out. Do the college educated white liberals flee the big cities... spread out in the midwest, etc? Does that mean that more midwest states turn blue or does it mean that those blues coming out of big cities become victims of red areas with big leads, washing out their votes in the electoral college. That's a really complex situation that I think we'll start hearing about in the future.
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Nothing better than reading republicans cry on Twitter. What’s that word they called ppl in 2016? Snowflakes? ❄️

:lol:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:40 pm Nothing better than reading republicans cry on Twitter. What’s that word they called ppl in 2016? Snowflakes? ❄️

:lol:
Let them cry, at least they aren't rioting and looting
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Ya they’re only intimidating vote counters ...
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

When the fox news anchors are speechless you know you just witnessed an abomination of a news conference. What an embarrassment.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

That speech was truly heart breaking. I can't believe I saw a US president give that speech in the White House. Fuck that dude man.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”