Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by nick »

Imagine being a guy and telling a woman what to do with her body …
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:49 pm Imagine being a guy and telling a woman what to do with her body …
I am pro life. But I am kinda where you are on this stance.

I don't think it's any of my business or anyone else business what happens. I do think there should be a time where abortions shouldn't be happening, but again....who am I to say what is right for another person.
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:00 pm
nick wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:49 pm Imagine being a guy and telling a woman what to do with her body …

I don't think it's any of my business or anyone else business what happens. I do think there should be a time where abortions shouldn't be happening, but again....who am I to say what is right for another person.
Says alot when you are the sane one among the knuckle draggers :lol:

I'd be surprised if you could find a abortion provider that would perform one on a healthy mom with a healthy late term fetus unlike what the fear mongering right would like to have everyone believe as justification for abortion bans.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

ReignOnU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:21 pm
Crowes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:56 am
ReignOnU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:13 am Focusing on the <1% while missing the bigger picture... sounds like every liberal agenda.

Pot meet kettle? Conservative agendas are any different?

Throwing out a picture of a baby on an operating table and saying that is a true representation of abortions when the truth is actually the overwhelming majority of abortions that happen in this country are a woman takes pills then has a heavy period..... But hey you guys are the virtuous ones. :lol:
No idea what point you're trying to make... that there's a misrepresentation on the how? That killing via medical is more virtuous than via suction/other? Who the hell really knows what kind of illogical justifications go on in your head.
If rape, incest, etc are insignificant arguments due to the low percentages that they represent so to are late term abortions in the opposite direction due to the same low percentages that they make up in the total number performed correct?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:44 pm

I'd be surprised if you could find a abortion provider that would perform one on a healthy mom with a healthy late term fetus unlike what the fear mongering right would like to have everyone believe as justification for abortion bans.
I truly believe you are a complete idiot.

Reread what I wrote and then try to correlate what you wrote with my comment.
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 pm

That you personally are pro life and that there should be limits on how late an abortion can occur which I'd say 90% of sane individuals could get behind. What did I miss fucknut?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:28 pm

That you personally are pro life and that there should be limits on how late an abortion can occur which I'd say 90% of sane individuals could get behind. What did I miss fucknut?
So the rest of your rambling on was for show. Got it! Shouldn't you antifa members be out setting trash cans on fire in front of court houses?
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:38 pm
Crowes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:28 pm

So the rest of your rambling on was for show. Got it! Shouldn't you antifa members be out setting trash cans on fire in front of court houses?
Nah we good. Conservatism is pretty much dead and will be completely irrelevant in a couple more cycles. We've won. 👍
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

US Civil War 2: The Twitter Edition
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Imagine being responsible for your choices in life...

...shit, who am I kidding
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Crowes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:50 pm
ReignOnU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:21 pm
Crowes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:56 am
ReignOnU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:13 am Focusing on the <1% while missing the bigger picture... sounds like every liberal agenda.

Pot meet kettle? Conservative agendas are any different?

Throwing out a picture of a baby on an operating table and saying that is a true representation of abortions when the truth is actually the overwhelming majority of abortions that happen in this country are a woman takes pills then has a heavy period..... But hey you guys are the virtuous ones. :lol:
No idea what point you're trying to make... that there's a misrepresentation on the how? That killing via medical is more virtuous than via suction/other? Who the hell really knows what kind of illogical justifications go on in your head.
If rape, incest, etc are insignificant arguments due to the low percentages that they represent so to are late term abortions in the opposite direction due to the same low percentages that they make up in the total number performed correct?
Did you change course again? WTF are you on man? Can you put consecutive coherent posts together?

Who said it's insignificant? Again, just twisting shit. I promise, it's ok for everything in life not to be an absolute. The point is, 1 more time for the slow folks on the far left... it's stupid to frame your policy to benefit the 1% when it has significant impact on the other 99%. (yes, this works both ways)
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Crowes - The irony in this is that you, BFIVL, George and myself seem like we're in the same ballpark on the issue, but your arguments are so fucking goofy that you'd think we were polar opposites.

With that said, it's a safe bet that when it comes to financial responsibility and government involvement, we're not even close.

1.) I'm ok w/abortion in the case of rape or risk to mom's life. Incest has varying interpretations by state. IMO, it's a choice. If it's not a choice, then it's rape and not incest. So in that case, rape covers it.
2.) Timeline, I've struggled with over the years. I've softened my stance over the last 10 years, but still no where near the 20 weeks that some consider. For years I was hardline, only in cases of rape/mom's life. Now I believe until a heartbeat is recognized. Many doctors consider it an embryo until 6-8 weeks. Based on numerous discussions with fertility doctors, I'm comfortable with this timeline.
3.) As for cost, I don't believe the government should be involved at all. I believe medical shouldn't cover it unless it's in the case of rape/health risk.

You decide to have sex, therefore you accept the risk of having a child. If you're not ready to have a kid, then you're not ready to be sexually active. I know it's really surprising that the root of my belief is personal responsibility. I must be crazy.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

yikes
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

ReignOnU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:01 pm Crowes - The irony in this is that you, BFIVL, George and myself seem like we're in the same ballpark on the issue, but your arguments are so fucking goofy that you'd think we were polar opposites.

With that said, it's a safe bet that when it comes to financial responsibility and government involvement, we're not even close.

1.) I'm ok w/abortion in the case of rape or risk to mom's life. Incest has varying interpretations by state. IMO, it's a choice. If it's not a choice, then it's rape and not incest. So in that case, rape covers it.
2.) Timeline, I've struggled with over the years. I've softened my stance over the last 10 years, but still no where near the 20 weeks that some consider. For years I was hardline, only in cases of rape/mom's life. Now I believe until a heartbeat is recognized. Many doctors consider it an embryo until 6-8 weeks. Based on numerous discussions with fertility doctors, I'm comfortable with this timeline.
3.) As for cost, I don't believe the government should be involved at all. I believe medical shouldn't cover it unless it's in the case of rape/health risk.

You decide to have sex, therefore you accept the risk of having a child. If you're not ready to have a kid, then you're not ready to be sexually active. I know it's really surprising that the root of my belief is personal responsibility. I must be crazy.
I agree 100 percent with this but again it seems as if you are saying if you have consensual sex and get pregnant have the child no matter what. What if the baby life expectancy was near zero? Or posed a major health risk to mother. This isn’t just a <1 percent thing. I’m not talking about aborting Down syndrome or any other disability that can be managed. I also have a problem with a law that can go after Uber drivers, secretaries, nurses, or the person who pays for it.

Im like Dave Chappelle Women should have the right to choose. But if they have it, men have the right to run the fuck out.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

BFiVL wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:40 am
ReignOnU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:01 pm Crowes - The irony in this is that you, BFIVL, George and myself seem like we're in the same ballpark on the issue, but your arguments are so fucking goofy that you'd think we were polar opposites.

I agree 100 percent with this but again it seems as if you are saying if you have consensual sex and get pregnant have the child no matter what. What if the baby life expectancy was near zero? Or posed a major health risk to mother. This isn’t just a <1 percent thing. I’m not talking about aborting Down syndrome or any other disability that can be managed. I also have a problem with a law that can go after Uber drivers, secretaries, nurses, or the person who pays for it.

Im like Dave Chappelle Women should have the right to choose. But if they have it, men have the right to run the fuck out.
I think there's a place for allowing it for the baby's life expectancy, that's reasonable as well, and I should have included that just like I did with mom's health.

The 1% thing is in reference to making a comment on the extreme side to prove a point.

I never stated my stance on the law. I don't know the finer details of it, but it wouldn't be uncommon for charges to extend to someone that knowingly aides in a crime.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Biden gave a speech to those who lost everything in Hurricane Ida and actually said that they "won't be left behind" :lol:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:05 pm Biden gave a speech to those who lost everything in Hurricane Ida and actually said that they "won't be left behind" :lol:
It's sad to see how much he's lost over the last year or two
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

really makes you think

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

It does make me think... about how dumb that dude has to be to type that out and hit send. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

meh. makes sense tho. Guys are the biggest crybabies and worry way too fucking much about what girls do, especially with their bodies.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”