Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:01 pm I thought I read him and Zelenskyy are meeting today or tomorrow to negotiate?
If so, I don't see much of anything positive to come out for the Ukrainians. I bet it'll be nothing more than a demand by the Russians for the Ukrainians too surrender
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

this is the #2 army in the world eh... watching them walk into urban areas to be ambushed and killed.. woof.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea, I always assume the truth is somewhere in the middle and never really know what to believe here, but everywhere in the media, and Reddit/Twitter(not that you should take them as serious news outlets obviously) it's being made to sound like Russia is just getting their asses kicked.

Hopefully it's true, and I'm sure some parts of it are true, but probably not to the degree it seems.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:38 pm , and Reddit/Twitter(not that you should take them as serious news outlets obviously) .
Looked at a pew research poll and saw that 11% of Americans get their news solely from social media. That is crazy to me that there are enough idiots that get their news that way.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I mean, you can get your news from social media just as you would anywhere else. The issue is people get their social media news from random twitter eggs and don't bother to try to distinguish what is real and what isn't.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Exactly! I always try to get a liberal and conservative slant to the news so I can form my own opinion
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:38 pm Yea, I always assume the truth is somewhere in the middle and never really know what to believe here, but everywhere in the media, and Reddit/Twitter(not that you should take them as serious news outlets obviously) it's being made to sound like Russia is just getting their asses kicked.

Hopefully it's true, and I'm sure some parts of it are true, but probably not to the degree it seems.
Damn it, the Ghost of Ukraine is real!
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

a link was sent out last night to help ddos the russian sites.. so i left it on overnight. up to 50 000 per page lol.

me and george are pretty much same tier of military now.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Ddos?
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

im a tier higher than george on the military list.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I can't say getting their asses handed to them but the Russians wanted and expected to win easy and put on a show to the world of their strength and they are in for a fight. Ukraine is really showing some fight. They are still outgunned and outmanned pretty badly so don't want to get too optimistic but regardless of what happens Putin will not be happy with this performance.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

wdoupis wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:00 am I can't say getting their asses handed to them but the Russians wanted and expected to win easy and put on a show to the world of their strength and they are in for a fight. Ukraine is really showing some fight. They are still outgunned and outmanned pretty badly so don't want to get too optimistic but regardless of what happens Putin will not be happy with this performance.
Did all of the family get through ok once you hit the checkpoint? Glad you're safe/good!
PSN: ReignOnU
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I just read that Ukraine is forming a “Ukrainian Legion” composed of foreigners who want to fight and help them. It says you can contact the nearest Ukrainian Embassy to sign up. I’d be interested in seeing numbers and composition of the legion.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I bet they get a lot of volunteers.

Yeah, we got her parents out no issues. Her sister and kids are still in Kharkiv where things are getting pretty bad. I wanted to help them but they have some complications that prevented them from being able to leave.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I also read that Putin sent his Minister of Culture to the meeting with Ukraine’s leadership in Belarus. What a dick.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Klitchshkos, Loma and Usyk are all over there fighting.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:01 am Klitchshkos, Loma and Usyk are all over there fighting.
As well as miss Ukraine, or something equivalent
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

If billys in Maldova.. he needs to keep going west.

Belarus' president showed a map which looks like it has troop movement

and one of the troop sets is going into Maldova

wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Billy's updated power rankings of hatred:

1. Putin
2. Putin
3. Russia
4. Putin
5. Grayson Allen
6. Kyle Lee
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

There is a small part of Moldova called Transnistia that Russia did something similar to what they did in Eastern Ukraine many years ago on a smaller level. They are harmless and not armed. That being said I think we head to Budapest Thursday or Friday.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”