Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
cougnix
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by cougnix »

shel311 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:27 pm Why doesn't the moderator just have a mute button for each dude's mic?

This is the most laughable thing I've ever watch, 2 complete buffoons, 1 of em is going to be President.

I'm just completely in awe that millions of people will vote for these 2 dudes.
Because millions of people don't believe they have a choice and in reality they don't!
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:44 pm
shel311 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:27 pm Why doesn't the moderator just have a mute button for each dude's mic?

This is the most laughable thing I've ever watch, 2 complete buffoons, 1 of em is going to be President.

Because millions of people don't believe they have a choice and in reality they don't!
Truest statement ever.

I know Shel is on the 3rd party kick and thinks they actually have a chance if people change their way of thinking, but in reality it would take a massive wave to accomplish this and too many people are scared to vote third party as their second choice could be beat out because of their third party vote (think Ross Perot pulling votes away from papa Bush)
ImageImageImage
footballkelly31
Reactions:

Post by footballkelly31 »

In 2016 there were nearly 110 million Americans over the age of 18 who did not vote....i would say that’s enough people to change the landscape of politics...what are the rules to get involved in a debate? What type of support is needed to be allowed on the debate stage? Isn’t it a moving target established by a bi-partisan organization?
Sea. 14: UTEP MINERS 4-8
Sea. 15: STANFORD CARDINALS 3-9
Sea. 16: WAKE FOREST 2-10
Sea. 17: COLORADO ST. 3-9
Sea. 18: SOUTHERN MISS 5-7
Sea. 19: KENT ST. 3-9
Sea. 20,21: LOUISVILLE CARDINALS 1-11
Sea. 22-24: TEMPLE OWLS 24-15
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

also ppl who vote blue/red now would probably switch to the 3rd party if they had a better option. Canada has 3+ parties and it works perfectly fine.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Where does this 3rd party stand on the following issues:
- For/against 2a
- Pro-life / Pro-choice
- Illegal immigration amnesty
- Private healthcare / Universal healthcare
- Living wage / low or no min wage
- Quantity and offerings of social services
- Higher / lower government regulations

Understand the each of the current 2 parties have between a 70% - 85% agreement rate between their constituents and party stance. So as you work through where this 3rd party fits, I think you'll see that there's really not a place where they can carve strong position. In many cases, the stance on one issue aligns with the stance on another.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

cougnix wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:44 pm

In reality, they do.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 pm and thinks they actually have a chance if people change their way of thinking,
whoa whoa whoa, I've never said that.

I said that is what should happen but never said I think it will happen.

But I won't sit by and let that stop me from thinking I have no choice but to vote for 1 of these 2 and dudes because the reality is, we all have that choice and no one is forced to vote for either party.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I don't know this for certain, but I’m pretty sure there are states that do not have any other candidate but Trump and Biden on the ballot.
ImageImage

sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

I think it would be a wise move for Biden to back out of the next two debates. He can just say that Trump did not follow the rules set forth by the two campaigns and they don’t believe he has the integrity or maturity to follow them in the next two. Let this debate be the only view of Trump for undecided voters (how there are undecided voters left is beyond me). Trump can adjust his approach to the next debates to be less aggressive (or can he?) but Joe can’t fix his stumbling.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

I don't post in this thread much but , I've never really understood why people invest so much time in National politics

I guess I will ask this...probably a simple way of thinking....but who really cares who the president is

Has your life really changed all that much in the last 8 years based on who was in the oval office?

It's an embarrassment that these are the 'best' two candidates for the highest office in the land though .....
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

[youtube]GPRaF0pFOac[/youtube]
ImageImage

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I cant figure out the youtube
ImageImage

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ajalves wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:33 am I don't post in this thread much but , I've never really understood why people invest so much time in National politics

I guess I will ask this...probably a simple way of thinking....but who really cares who the president is

Has your life really changed all that much in the last 8 years based on who was in the oval office?

It's an embarrassment that these are the 'best' two candidates for the highest office in the land though .....
I'm like 98% with you and it's what I tell so many people that I discuss this with. Get involved in your community. The biggest impacts you'll feel in the next 2-4 years will mostly be from the local level.

With that said, as the 2 sides continue to split apart (insert my hatred for social media/media here as well), I do think the long term national impacts could be a big problem that we need to resolve before it gets out of hand.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

I wont argue with you on that Reign. I get what you're saying as well.

I do stand by my statement that if these two are as good as it gets …...yikes
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Trump is a consequence for the last three presidents. Hopefully going forward will have better candidates in 2024
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ajalves wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:18 pm I wont argue with you on that Reign. I get what you're saying as well.

I do stand by my statement that if these two are as good as it gets …...yikes
You lay in the bed you made right? We let the 2 sides divide us. We let social media warp our view. These 2 are just a product of where we are right now.

Trump isn't typical of the right. Typically the conservative candidate is a pushover without any backbone. (McCain, Romney, even though I leaned toward him, Rubio). I don't know where they go, but it can't be any worse than Trump. (please God, don't make me pay for that statement) Pence... similar ideas, but not nearly as childish. Haley... I think she'd be excellent. Cruz... more concerning now, because I think Trump did create a path for jackassery that the likes of Cruz/Graham and a few others tend to wander down. Maybe Trump's brash style does cause a shift in the right to a more aggressive approach, but I'm not at all concerned that it's Trump levels of outrageousness in the future.

For the left, I really don't blame Biden for any of this. He's a puppet. Hell, he's basically Bernie Lomax. I'd say it gets better when the scum like Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein, Schiff and Nadler move on (Schiff isn't going anywhere anytime soon), but once those crooks (among others) are gone, the left is going to be dealing with the shift to the likes of AOC. The issue isn't so much about who they bring up as president, because we know that they'll just walk out Michelle Obama for the easy W. The issue is what happens if an energized based comes out to vote for Michelle, then they sweep the House/Senate, while having those nut jobs behind her.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

...I should note, there's a very plausible scenario that Biden wins the election; Trump rants about corruption; Biden takes office, while a right leaning Supreme Court hears the grievance; meanwhile Trump stays in light for 3 years, then campaigns for a 2nd term in 2024. So it really could be a 4 years of bullshit, then 4 more years of Trump. Please, please, don't let this scenario play out.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

On the debate... whoever said Biden should back out now and blame Trump, is spot on. It's the smart play.

One thing to think about in terms of the debate last night and if there are more... it's obvious that Trump's tactics here have very little to do with convincing anyone to change their mind. He's clearly trying to demoralize Biden's voting base and energize his. This is just a huge play to get more of his voters out and less of Biden's voters. That's why he constantly pointed out how Biden is abandoning the far left.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Well the betting sites say otherwise. They ended up being wrong in 2016 but that was the first time ever? (I believe I saw) that the trending line was wrong
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Trump definitely botched a softball/easiest question of the night with the white supremacy thing, not sure how he messed that one up so badly.

But i do think it's funny how many have run with the idea that he's never condemned white supremacy and he supports it and is galvanizing the white supremacists for votes!!!

Just another example of people have lost their minds.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”