Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by dakshdar »

In a year where many people and businesses are hurting financially due to a pandemic that around 2/3 of the country think he has handled poorly, having a report come out that presents that over the last ~20 years while living a lavish lifestyle your reported net income was so low you paid either no taxes or very little in the majority of those years... I don't think it plays well for what his campaign.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm In a year where many people and businesses are hurting financially due to a pandemic that around 2/3 of the country think he has handled poorly, having a report come out that presents that over the last ~20 years while living a lavish lifestyle your reported net income was so low you paid either no taxes or very little in the majority of those years... I don't think it plays well for what his campaign.
While obviously not a positive, it's far from MOAB. Was anyone surprised at all? Seemingly rich guy pays little to no income tax... also, water is wet.

My point being, it's a bunch of nothing and if Biden tries to use it as an angle of attack, it's not going to end well for him. Biden is better off to completely avoid any financial affairs, international connections and anything to do with Trump's family. Honestly his best bet is to remain silent, but these are 3 very specific areas that he'd get buried on if fires at them.

Now, if they can get some kind of legal clarity that fraud was committed, it's a different story. Because then Biden can stand by legal ramifications and downplay his own by pointing to the lack of legal impact.
PSN: ReignOnU
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

ReignOnU wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:39 pm
dakshdar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm In a year where many people and businesses are hurting financially due to a pandemic that around 2/3 of the country think he has handled poorly, having a report come out that presents that over the last ~20 years while living a lavish lifestyle your reported net income was so low you paid either no taxes or very little in the majority of those years... I don't think it plays well for what his campaign.
While obviously not a positive, it's far from MOAB. Was anyone surprised at all? Seemingly rich guy pays little to no income tax... also, water is wet.

My point being, it's a bunch of nothing and if Biden tries to use it as an angle of attack, it's not going to end well for him. Biden is better off to completely avoid any financial affairs, international connections and anything to do with Trump's family. Honestly his best bet is to remain silent, but these are 3 very specific areas that he'd get buried on if fires at them.

Now, if they can get some kind of legal clarity that fraud was committed, it's a different story. Because then Biden can stand by legal ramifications and downplay his own by pointing to the lack of legal impact.

You don’t feel Trump gonna hurdle those 3 things regardless at Biden?

Just hope Biden learned from Hilary debates. Don’t try the high road. Go for the sound bite
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

BFiVL wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:48 pm
ReignOnU wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:39 pm

You don’t feel Trump gonna hurdle those 3 things regardless at Biden?

Just hope Biden learned from Hilary debates. Don’t try the high road. Go for the sound bite
He's already poking around at them. But Joe's better off staying away and not trying to give a comparison. Is a no win situation. I agree that he has take a serious shot or 2 at him that can stick... the problem is finding that shot. Everything that I can think of ends up with Joe looking like a dumbass and worse offender. Maybe he just focuses on COVID over and over. At least there isn't a point of comparison that Trump can nail him on.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

solid betting props for 2moro. I like Biden Yes mask at + money. Sure the event will have ppl being checked but i feel he has to come out with it, even if he takes it off.

Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-a ... ing-2020-9

Trump attacks obama for not paying enough taxes with his 20% tax rate in 2011. Can anyone guess what Trump's tax rate for that year was??????? 0.0 :lol: :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/statu ... 78434?s=19

:lol:

I feel like I haven't seen that commercial in like 20 years but I also remembered half the lines.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

ReignOnU wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:33 am
Crowes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 am If the part where he has hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due in the next few years plus his refusal to put his businesses in a blind trust doest set off some conflict of interest alarms in everyone then they got their head buried deep in that sand.....
What is the alarm that should be going off that would preclude him from being president?
- A guy with multiple bankruptcies has more debt coming? Nothing illegal there.
So all that matters to you is if it passes the illegal/legal bar?

It's not relevant information to know who he owes 400 million plus dollars to?

Don't you guys like to brand yourselves the common sense party?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The legal/illegal bar is a good line to toe. If the tax law allows you to take advantage are you not going to do it? If you say no, then I'm calling you a bold face liar
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Crowes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:50 pm
ReignOnU wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:33 am
Crowes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 am If the part where he has hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due in the next few years plus his refusal to put his businesses in a blind trust doest set off some conflict of interest alarms in everyone then they got their head buried deep in that sand.....
What is the alarm that should be going off that would preclude him from being president?
- A guy with multiple bankruptcies has more debt coming? Nothing illegal there.
So all that matters to you is if it passes the illegal/legal bar?

It's not relevant information to know who he owes 400 million plus dollars to?

Don't you guys like to brand yourselves the common sense party?
It's not really about what matters to me. Is what he has done legal/illegal? Does it prevent him from being our president or is it terms to remove him from his presidency? If so, get rid of him. If not, don't waste our time and money on it.

As for who he owes money to... it could be relevant if it's illegal or somehow restricts him from being president. But we don't have that information here. So back to my point... nothing here is illegal or an alarm.

If/when we get to that point, let's make a huge deal out of it and do what needs to be done. Right now, folks look like a bunch of idiots screaming that the sky is falling when there's nothing of substance there.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 pm https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/statu ... 78434?s=19

:lol:

I feel like I haven't seen that commercial in like 20 years but I also remembered half the lines.
holy fuck that was good.

ive never seen it before.. is that completely legit or did they dub over the 2nd half?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Nick, it's legit. It's a really old commercial.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Any predictions for the debate tonight?

I think this debate will be Joe's best performance of the 3 (assuming we actually get all 3). This one has the prep time, has the open entry to dictate the flow, etc. I'm expecting pretty even results from tonight.

I also think it has a good shot to go down as the most watched presidential debate ever. I don't know how the media platforms that it's going to be offered on play into that, but I think with all of the long build up, expectations, and lack of competition, tonight is going to put up huge numbers.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I've never made it a point to tune in to a debate, but I plan to as of now. That being said, I can also see getting sidetracked and not getting around to it later.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I just want to see How Biden get mad, which won't take much. And if Trump gets under his skin and keeps at it, I can see Biden cussing on stage if that happens
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

We are having a street watch party.

We normally get together a few times a week anyways. This just an excuse to do it on a Tuesday.

Should be entertaining to watch though.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am We are having a street watch party.

We normally get together a few times a week anyways. This just an excuse to do it on a Tuesday.
This is one thing Im least looking forward to about moving into a neighborhood. I aint out here trying to make new friends.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Apparently they're still fighting over debate rules for tonight.

Biden asking for 2 breaks for a 90 minute debate definitely doesn't help end the fear that he's just not fit for the job of President :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 pm This is one thing Im least looking forward to about moving into a neighborhood. I aint out here trying to make new friends.
Preach!

I exchange my pleasantries and small talk, and that's it.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:29 pm
Weasel wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 pm This is one thing Im least looking forward to about moving into a neighborhood. I aint out here trying to make new friends.
Preach!

I exchange my pleasantries and small talk, and that's it.
It took about 7-8 years until we really opened up and talked much with our current neighbors. Part that was likely due to the issues we were going through with starting a family, etc.

If we close the deal on this new home, we'll already know 1 next door neighbor and 2 others, further into the cul-de-sac. A lot of late 40s-50s among the rest of the crowd. Should make for an easy transition.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”