Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Politics and stuff

Post by Uuaww »

So figured we should have a thread for the year. I fall pretty far on the left scale on politics but so far have been pretty impressed with Trump. I watched the debate last night and Cruz and Rubio were going after Trump for caring more about making deals then political ideals. I'm thinking that most Americans are fed up with the stalemates in Congress and making deals is what they want! He's been called the most LGBT friendly republican candidate ever and I think he's much more moderate then he is letting on. I still don't want him to win but Sanders vs Trump debates would be amazing to watch.
Last edited by Uuaww on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Post by Cnasty »

It completely blows my mind that Trump is having the success that he is having. I am loving the traction Sanders is getting but I am not sure he is going to be able to get over the hump as we get deeper into the season here. I look at Clinton and she is the embodiment of your prototypical politician that sounds untrustworthy and is just an embarrassment to actual citizens she is lying to with her cash acceptances and such.

It has been very entertaining and look forward to seeing how this goes.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Cnasty wrote:It completely blows my mind that Trump is having the success that he is having. I am loving the traction Sanders is getting but I am not sure he is going to be able to get over the hump as we get deeper into the season here. I look at Clinton and she is the embodiment of your prototypical politician that sounds untrustworthy and is just an embarrassment to actual citizens she is lying to with her cash acceptances and such.

It has been very entertaining and look forward to seeing how this goes.
Trump being President is frightening to me.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

packsyd2284 wrote:Trump being President is frightening to me.
I don't disagree and certainly don't follow this, for those that do...

I only ever see snippets of the crazy Trump quotes and all that stuff that will get you to watch on TV, but what are Trump's actual campaign platform ideas? I don't have the slightest clue.

Also, on Lebby they said yesterday that the betting odds of Trump winning the Republican nomination are better than the odds of Golden State winning the Western Conference, lock it up!!!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

it really doesnt matter what Republican is elected, the Democrats are gonna win. The Dems could have a literal monkey on the stage bopping around flinging shit at people and theyd still think it's more progressive than thick headed retard Trump.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It is because the republican candidates are very weak this year in my opinion and a perfect time for a Trump like candidate.
uf83198
Reactions:

Post by uf83198 »

Trump "Tells it like it is" and he doesn't let facts slow him down :lol:
S23: WKU 8-5 - Lil Caesars Bowl Champs
S24-25: Nebraska 5-7, 9-4 - Gator Bowl Champs
S26: TCU 8-5
S27: Northern Illinois 13-1 - MAC Champs - Fiesta Bowl Champs
S28: Florida 10-4 - SEC East Champs - Capital One Bowl Champs
PSN: uf83198
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

He does tell it like it is and while I respect that and like that, in my opinion, he needs to learn to tone it down at times.
There is a time and place for it.
That is what worries me about him. I could only imagine a meeting between someone like he and Putin.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:

I only ever see snippets of the crazy Trump quotes and all that stuff that will get you to watch on TV, but what are Trump's actual campaign platform ideas? I don't have the slightest clue.

Also, on Lebby they said yesterday that the betting odds of Trump winning the Republican nomination are better than the odds of Golden State winning the Western Conference, lock it up!!!
Trump wants heavier restrictions on illegal immigration.
He is massively against jobs going to China/Mexico and wants them back in USA. Restrict free trade to keep jobs here, re-do the Trans-Pacific Partnership as we lose out on it a ton.
He hates common core for Dept. of Education and pretty much wants to defund the Dept. of Education and more keep it out of the governments hands (testing).
Defund EPA, doesn't believe that global warming is all man made.
Yes to medical marijuana, let states decide otherwise.
Get along with Russia better than we are.
Foreign policy is more hands off, let Germany deal with Ukraine, let Russia deal with ISIS.
Hates SuperPACs.

Replace Obamacare with something else.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I'm all in...

Donald J. Trump / Vincent K. McMahon 2016!
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Huh, I kinda like this Trump guy!

Granted I don't even know what a couple of those items mean :lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Uuaww wrote:
shel311 wrote:

Trump wants heavier restrictions on illegal immigration.
He is massively against jobs going to China/Mexico and wants them back in USA. Restrict free trade to keep jobs here, re-do the Trans-Pacific Partnership as we lose out on it a ton.
He hates common core for Dept. of Education and pretty much wants to defund the Dept. of Education and more keep it out of the governments hands (testing).
Defund EPA, doesn't believe that global warming is all man made.
Yes to medical marijuana, let states decide otherwise.
Get along with Russia better than we are.
Foreign policy is more hands off, let Germany deal with Ukraine, let Russia deal with ISIS.
Hates SuperPACs.

Replace Obamacare with something else.

I'm good on all accounts here.
PSN: ReignOnU
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

He also was a democrat who is now a republican. Two major republican legs he won't touch on really. He has been called the most LGBT friendly republican candidate ever and accepts gay marriage and the only real quote people of got on abortion on him is he is against late term abortions except in the case of incest, rape and women's health.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote:It is because the republican candidates are very weak this year in my opinion and a perfect time for a Trump like candidate.
I don't think hillary has a shot at all. Way to untrustworthy. I think the emails alone shows she isn't able to do the job. Please don't say it wasn't classified before she got it. As a former classification officer dealing with national level Intel you know the topic of "insert whatever her emails were that were classified" in itself is classified. Everything starts unclassified until you say "bazinga" in a document and then it becomes classified. That alone makes her unelectable in my books. If she is that loose with secrets then what else will she fuck up that costs American lives (insert Beghazi story here)

Bernie has had his run, he'll never win the electorate to become the democratic nominee. He won New Hampshire 2 to 1 and they still split the electorate with Hillary.

With that being said, what is scary is we have Trump as a president. I love his free speaking but that doesn't make him presidential. Establishment Republicans are getting on him about his Planned Parent hood comment. But they don't see the whole context of what he said. Planned parent hood does great things in terms of preventative health with ovarian/b ready cancer stuff. He said he didn't agree with the abortion piece, this was said during the South Carolina debate.

If the rest of the lying senate can't say something nice about Ted Cruz that's a huge red flag for me.

Rubio would do great in a general election I think.

Too bad Dr. Carson can't get some air time. He is pretty level headed and very thoughtful in the way he answers questions. My concern with him is does he evaluate too much and lose an opportunity to take outal-Baghdadi, Ala slick willy and bin Laden in the late 90s.

Kasich needs to drop out.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Let's not forget these candidates can say whatever they want but it still has to get congressional approval before it becomes law. Unless of course they go the Obama route and just do presidential executive orders
ImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Hilary is still very likely to win the nominee and a democrat is at worst just as likely to win president. I don't understand how you can say Hillary has no shot at all. Do you not understand that 99% of the country doesn't give a shit about this email issue you are hung up on? she will never face trial.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I wish Bernie was about 20 years younger when he decided to run for president. I get concerned for the old fella and that is knocking him and his health moving forward.

He is amazing and hopefully even if he doesn't win we see a very large impact from his agenda and his campaign as we are seeing affects of it already.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Uuaww wrote:Hilary is still very likely to win the nominee and a democrat is at worst just as likely to win president. I don't understand how you can say Hillary has no shot at all. Do you not understand that 99% of the country doesn't give a shit about this email issue you are hung up on? she will never face trial.
i agree i have her beating bernie at this point and she has a huge following
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Let's not forget these candidates can say whatever they want but it still has to get congressional approval before it becomes law. Unless of course they go the Obama route and just do presidential executive orders
every president has done executives orders and Obamas near the lower part/year lol
Spoiler!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Uuaww wrote:Hilary is still very likely to win the nominee and a democrat is at worst just as likely to win president. I don't understand how you can say Hillary has no shot at all. Do you not understand that 99% of the country doesn't give a shit about this email issue you are hung up on? she will never face trial.
the sad part is 99% dont care when they should. The sheep era

Return to “Off Topic Forum”