MMA / UFC - Official Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: MMA / UFC - Official Thread

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Kevin Holland is a bad man! He KO'd Jacare from his back for his 5th win this year (only 3rd man to have 3 in a year)
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Amazing main event. Ended in a majority draw and should be ran back. The best fight at 125# probably ever
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Turn it to ABC right now if you can! Max Holloway is on another level
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

If you didn't get to watch the Hollaway / Kattar fight you need to figure out a way to watch it. One of the best performances I have ever seen
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I'm watching this Kattar/Hollaway fight for the 4th time. This was such an amazing fight by Max. Previous strike differential was in the high 100's (180ish),. Max set the new record by out striking him by over 300 strikes.

If you can find this fight in youtube you should really watch it
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Michael Chandler is a bad man! That performance may have brought Khabib back. Khabib said someone needs to have a spectacular performance to bring him back. Sleeping Hooker may be enough.

Now it's time for Conor and Dustin. If it's under 2 rounds, conor has an amazing chance. Over 2 rounds Dustin is an almost lock. I have Dustin by submission (after a big strike) after 2,5 rounds
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Dustin is also a bad man!

I think the fights to make is Khabib vs Chandler and Dustin vs Olivera
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Watched the Bare Knuckle Fighting last night. Was really hoping for a bloody match between Hart and PVZ. Was a decent enough fight though. The Bedford/Nam fight was amazing for all 5 rounds.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I hate watching Curtis Blades and Derrick Lewis fighting. 2 of my 3 (Stipe) favorite heavyweights right now. Black Beast puts one paw on you and you will wake up next week. The cardio and pace Blades can put on you is overwhelming.

I see Blaydes winning this with 2 or 3 takedowns and then finishing lewis.

Hopeful pick is a KO by Lewis
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Black Beast!
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Sucks for Blaydes as I see him as a real challenger for the belt and don't see Lewis ever really challenging for the belt
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 am Sucks for Blaydes as I see him as a real challenger for the belt and don't see Lewis ever really challenging for the belt
Usually we're on the same page when it comes to MMA, but I completely disagree here. I also usually love seeing elite collegiate wrestlers come into MMA, because they usually make a natural transition. But Blaydes has had enough time to improve his standup. He just hasn't made big enough strides. It also looks like even though he was a good collegiate wrestler, he's not really offering a level of dominance that you'd expect. Most of the top heavyweights seem to be able to deal with his grappling.

As for Lewis... he's a threat because in just about every fight he's in, he's going to be the hardest puncher. Everyone at HW is a threat to KO you, just due to shear strength, but Lewis has elite level HW power and he's proven it over and over. Yes he has weaknesses, but the list of guys he's put down is no joke and he's in just as good of shape now as he was in '16 or so. The only guy below him in the rankings that I see moving up is Cyril Gane. So while we're waiting for Ngannou and Miocic, lets give Lewis the winner of Jarzinho and Cyril, as an eliminator.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 am Sucks for Blaydes as I see him as a real challenger for the belt and don't see Lewis ever really challenging for the belt
Usually we're on the same page when it comes to MMA, but I completely disagree here. I also usually love seeing elite collegiate wrestlers come into MMA, because they usually make a natural transition. But Blaydes has had enough time to improve his standup. He just hasn't made big enough strides. It also looks like even though he was a good collegiate wrestler, he's not really offering a level of dominance that you'd expect. Most of the top heavyweights seem to be able to deal with his grappling.

As for Lewis... he's a threat because in just about every fight he's in, he's going to be the hardest puncher. Everyone at HW is a threat to KO you, just due to shear strength, but Lewis has elite level HW power and he's proven it over and over. Yes he has weaknesses, but the list of guys he's put down is no joke and he's in just as good of shape now as he was in '16 or so. The only guy below him in the rankings that I see moving up is Cyril Gane. So while we're waiting for Ngannou and Miocic, lets give Lewis the winner of Jarzinho and Cyril, as an eliminator.
Blaydes overwhelms people with his wrestling, that's why I think he can be a real challenge for any heavyweight.

I'd love to see Lewis drop 15-20 pounds to help with his cardio.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I just watched the Valdez - Berchelt fight and the Lewis KO wasn't the biggest punch landed last night. You don't see a punch land like that against top level boxers very often
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Stipe got knocked the fuck out. That sucked but it's going to make for a great fight with Jones/Ngannou
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Public Service Announcement for George... and anyone else that may look at this thread and never respond...

Bellator's deal with Showtime kicks off tonight. Hopefully they are completely done with that DAZN bullshit that set their org back 2 years. The fight card isn't amazing, but it's a solid watch. It's just nice to get to watch some of those fighters again. They've got 5 cards lined up over the next 8 weeks or so, each with a solid main event and a couple recognizable undercards.

ONE FC is now on TNT. These events may be on at some strange times since they are overseas, but this is an opportunity to see some really bad ass fighters. Demetrius Johnson gets his shot at the ONE championship on 4/8. The current title holder has had a helluva run and it should provide good competition for DJ. On that same card, there's a chance to see a miniature war machine... Rodtang Jitmaungnon. Video below...

PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

What the hell are those stupid ass rules in One FC? It's like it's Muay Thai in a cage.

DAZN killed all momentum Bellator had. Probably won't watch the fight as I gotta get up early to go clean for 10 or so hours
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Gordon Ryan just signed w them. Interested to see how he does in mma
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:24 pm Gordon Ryan just signed w them. Interested to see how he does in mma
Who is he?
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

The goat of submission grappling/no gi jiu jitsu

Doubt his skills translate well to mma but he’s insane

Return to “Off Topic Forum”