MMA / UFC - Official Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
jsence2
Reactions:

Re: MMA / UFC - Official Thread

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:12 pm Paddy Pimblett!!! First time I have seen one of his fights and I was not disappointed. That crowd in London was absolutely nuts for him and Molly McCann.

Loved his post fight interview. He said one of his friends killed himself hours before his weigh-in. He took the world stage to tell men to get rid of the stigma of being weak for talking about their struggles. He said he has broad shoulders that can be used to cry on if needed, it's just men need to reach out and talk about their feelings of despair.
Couldn't give a damn about how he fights (which I was impressed), who he is, etc

Him saying that--in a sport where toxic masculinity can sometimes be at its worst among fans--made me a fan for life. Men need to know it's ok to not be ok. I'd rather listen to a male friend complain for a week than never hear them complain again at all.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I don't care what happens tonight as long as Rockholt gets KO'd to 2031. Never liked him. If Usman loses it has to be by a well timed straight. No other way I see Edwards winning
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Holy fuck
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Card tonight got SOOOOO much better with Khazmat missing weight.

Ferguson vs Diaz - can't believe this is the first time they have fought. Diaz will be even more bloody this fight than normal. Last fight on Diaz contract so I hope he wins to take it to uncle Dana.

Khazmat vs Holland - Love the way both of these guys fight and it should make for a very good fan friendly fight. Could be as good as the Khazmat vs Burns fight of the year candidate. These two have been going back and forth on social media and I truly believe they don't like each other, so for our sakes I hope some emotion goes into their fight game plan and makes it a war.

Li vs Rodriguez

rest of the card remains the same.

I didn't like Diaz fighting Khazmat. Nate just isn't big enough to fight him.

Story goes that on day of press conference is that Khazmat kicked Holland in the chest back stage and then got into it with the Diaz camp as well. For ceremonial weigh in Khazmat came out to a roar of boos so he decided to give the audience the middle finger. I have never seen someone so liked by the fans and then after one day so hated. He's starting to be like Conor to me, but with a better skill set. They both bump their gums to the point they are polarizing, half the fans love them and half hate them with no in-between.

I think Diaz loses via doctor stoppage or decision.

I hope to god Holland wins to bring Khazmat back to reality. I just don't think he does, Khazmat is the real deal and with a win here he will have one more title eliminator fight (only because Kumara has to face Edwards for his first title defense) and then will fight for the belt. He could possibly hold onto it for a minute as well. I could also see him fighting Israel for the 185 strap if he can get a couple of defenses at 170.
ImageImageImage
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Man I love Nate Diaz, love Tony too, but glad Nate got the dub.

Li got absolutely hosed

Wonder if Cumshot Chimaev moves up a weightclass?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Motherfuckin Sugar !!!!

Would have loved to see 5 rounds of that fight. 1st round was the one that decided that fight. Yan easily won the second and 3rd was easily won by O'Malley. The knee by O'Malley that split Yan wide open in the 3rd was beautiful
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

TJ dislocates his shoulder in the first 30 seconds and gets to the second round after his corner popped it back into place. Dislocates it again in the 2nd and Sterling showed zero mercy and finished him in the 2nd
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Islam submits Olivera. Honestly the best way to win against the man with the most submissions in UFC history
ImageImageImage
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

I think Yan probably should've won tbh, but Suga Sean showed he is the real deal. Proved a ton of people wrong

Also i'm tired of the damn dagestani kids
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i love O'Malley so was pumped to see him win but agree it was very close and no clear winner.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

HE"S BACK!

Jon Jones will be back on the card after 3+ years away. Fighting Gane for the the HW belt. Also, Alexa Grasso is going to shock the world against Shevchenko.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Shocked the world. Alexa mothafuckin Grasso. Absolutely beautiful finish
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”