Random Discussions

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Random Discussions

Post by Cnasty »

So my dryer broke today.

Not really excited about the idea of paying some asshole $300 to fix it or $600 to buy a new one.

How's your day going? :)
cougnix
Reactions:

Re: Random Discussions

Post by cougnix »

Cnasty wrote:So my dryer broke today.

Not really excited about the idea of paying some asshole $300 to fix it or $600 to buy a new one.

How's your day going? :)
How do you mean "broke"? Like doesn't dry anything, but goes through the motions? Or completely doesn't work?

If you are handy, you can replace the element yourself, I've done this 2 or 3 times with ours...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Dryer turns, tumbles, whatever you want to call it fine.

There is no heat coming from the dryer to dry the clothes. I have disassembled it once to replace the fuse thermostat but that didnt work.

I heard the heating element may be the issue but with this model it requires a $150 part and to be disassembled and assembled again. Sounds outside of my paygrade.
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

Received a deferred sentence from an accident I was involved in a couple of weeks ago. I rear ended a vehicle but the vehicle in front of him stopped at a CLEARLY green light and there were witnesses, cops show up on the scene grab the necessary paperwork, never take a statement from any of the parties involved. I receive a ticket for following to close, I call my insurance explain what happened they said they will do there own investigation and they will update me on the outcome. Well they called and said due to there investigation I am 100% responsible for the accident. Have a nice day
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Yeah....i don't know much about dryers. Big drum...belt...dries my stuff...thats about it.

Anywho, I hate being constantly 'busy'.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

steelcitychaos wrote:Received a deferred sentence from an accident I was involved in a couple of weeks ago. I rear ended a vehicle but the vehicle in front of him stopped at a CLEARLY green light and there were witnesses, cops show up on the scene grab the necessary paperwork, never take a statement from any of the parties involved. I receive a ticket for following to close, I call my insurance explain what happened they said they will do there own investigation and they will update me on the outcome. Well they called and said due to there investigation I am 100% responsible for the accident. Have a nice day

if you rear end someone, you'll always be responsible.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Cnasty wrote:Dryer turns, tumbles, whatever you want to call it fine.

There is no heat coming from the dryer to dry the clothes. I have disassembled it once to replace the fuse thermostat but that didnt work.

I heard the heating element may be the issue but with this model it requires a $150 part and to be disassembled and assembled again. Sounds outside of my paygrade.
Dang, I think the element in mine was like $50 and was a cinch to replace.
ImageImage

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Just went through that Steel as well but I was the one that was hit.

The girl fought it, the judge laughed and said exactly what AJ said. Its called a ticket for "following too closely" because you were...following to closely to control your vehicle before rear ending someone. Not knowing the details of yours, just stating what I just went through.

Yes, you never realize how much of a pain it is without a dryer until you dont have one. Well, a pain for my wife because you would be lucky if I can even figure out how to turn it on. :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

cougnix wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Dryer turns, tumbles, whatever you want to call it fine.

Dang, I think the element in mine was like $50 and was a cinch to replace.
Thats what I get for buying one of those fancy schmancy dryers from Samsung. :?
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Whirlpool!
ImageImage

buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

buckeye76 wrote:
LMAO, I don't know Cnasty, but that element replacement seems to complicated for him....
ImageImage

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

GTFOH :lol:

Thanks anyways Matt but my luck is I follow that to a T and put it all back together and it still doesnt work after paying for parts and shit to do it and that may not even be wrong.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Meetings in the morning.

Written counseling for a team member before lunch

Free lunch, and also met the new CEO.

Got a couple of giftcards!!!

Boys have Christmas pictures tonight.

The joys of being old and responsible.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ajalves wrote: Anywho, I hate being constantly 'busy'.
!!!!!!
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

twine and clothespins :D
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

ChampDizzle wrote:twine and clothespins :D
Yeah, it's so hot down there right now it would probably be faster than a dryer ;)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'll let you guys tell her that :P
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ajalves wrote:
steelcitychaos wrote:Received a deferred sentence from an accident I was involved in a couple of weeks ago. I rear ended a vehicle but the vehicle in front of him stopped at a CLEARLY green light and there were witnesses, cops show up on the scene grab the necessary paperwork, never take a statement from any of the parties involved. I receive a ticket for following to close, I call my insurance explain what happened they said they will do there own investigation and they will update me on the outcome. Well they called and said due to there investigation I am 100% responsible for the accident. Have a nice day

if you rear end someone, you'll always be responsible.

Yep, as a driver, you need to always ensure that you can stop your vehicle within the assured cleared distance ahead.

If you have ever seen the All State commercial about being a safe driver and allow 2 seconds between you and the car ahead of you?
Or at a red light or stop sign, when you are stopped, you should be able to see the rear tires touching the road of the car in front of you.

I am not saying I follow these all the time, just giving you reasons why you will be at fault when it comes to responsibility from an insurance stand point.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Replaced the heating elements in my water heater earlier this week. Even turned up the thermostat on the unit so it cranks scalding hot water now. Did have one hiccup when I failed to realize you had to hit the reset button on the unit itself to get it cranking again. :|

Return to “Off Topic Forum”