Random Discussions

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Random Discussions

Post by shel311 »

Today was day 1 of our 2nd annual ski vacation trip for Spring Break. So my boys are good skiers, know how to work the lift, etc. We had already gotten on the lift 3 or 4 times.

Not sure what happened here, the ski lift was coming in pretty quickly, when we were ready for the chair, I think it just came in a bit too fast and hit my 1 kid a bit too high, and it bumped him forward a bit, and he was confused, then it came again and hit him and he fell right off the ski lift as well all turned back to see if he was ok as we started going up the ski lift. There he was just looking up at us while we went...he was also in a big pile of mud :lol:

Shit was hilarious, he was fine and not really worried. They put him on the lift 3 spots behind us, so he got back to us pretty quickly
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Did you just start skiing? I've only been 1-2 times in my life, we even had a him in my hometown and there's currently one a couple miles down the road from us now. I just feel like if I tried to learn now I'd blow out a knee in a matter of weeks
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Where did you go Shel? They might enjoy snowboarding more though. Have they gotten to try that?
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

the one time i went skiing i somehow lied my way through it and nearly died. wont be skiing again
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:44 am the one time i went skiing i somehow lied my way through it and nearly died. wont be skiing again
I almost died my first time. Never go outside the roaped off erea, even if its just a piss. I took 4 steps off the slope and was head high from where I started and almost waist deep in snow. As soon as I started to go back up the hill it took me 20 minutes and snow got up to my arm pits deep.

But the second time I went, the next weekend, I went from Sony Bono to the Shawn White(ish). A year later I was in Korea and went down their double black diamond. It was steep as hell but not worthy of the double black diamond rating since it was 2 football fields wide at it's narrowist point.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:52 pm Did you just start skiing? I've only been 1-2 times in my life, we even had a him in my hometown and there's currently one a couple miles down the road from us now. I just feel like if I tried to learn now I'd blow out a knee in a matter of weeks
It's my 3rd time. My wife skied a lot growing up.

It's not that tough, of course we're on the easy slopes though, and I still have the occasional fall.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 pm Where did you go Shel? They might enjoy snowboarding more though. Have they gotten to try that?
Angel Fire, New Mexico

No snowboarding yet for them, maybe in a couple of years.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

My one and only weekend skiing in my life I determined it uses a lot of stability muscles you don't use for many other things. It was probably 10 years ago and I was generally speaking in very good shape but it was taxing to ski all day for two days having never done it before.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Cnasty wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:45 pm
cougnix wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:18 pm
Cnasty wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:58 pm
cougnix wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:41 pm
Cnasty wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:25 pm Got my wife one of these a couple weeks ago after seeing it pop up a million times a day on my Insta feed. I was a sucker to the influencer ads.

I have to say it is the best fire pit ever. No smoke, no clean up, gets extremely hot and is amazing to sit around and drink with.

I got mine during the Black Friday sale but well worth the price and I did a bit of Insta influencing myself as 3 other neighbors bought one as well :lol:

Highly recommend!
They had these at Costco for $220 this past year. Almost got one. I think we will of it comes back
Keep an eye on their site as they normally have them discounted and it includes accessories.

Got mine 50% off on Black Friday and it included the stand and screen.

Weasel, it’s the way it’s engineered with these rings around the top and bottom and it just creates this vortex of smokeless burn. It’s crazy to watch it burn but mesmerizing.
Just got 40% off Ranger and Stand bundle with a 10% off code. Wife doesn't know yet, but she will be happy with it.
Nice! Interested to see the ranger size. Ours is the bonfire and it’s plenty big for 8-10 around a fire.
Just bought some firewood bundles from them. Have you used them? We have firewood but it is a bit big for the Ranger
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

What are you referring to? We just use a local firewood spot and we can usually toss 2-3 logs in there. The key is to not have logs coming out the top to keep heat the highest and smoke the lowest.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Just a random thought.....

I hate the low floor angle when watching basketball. It really restricts the viewing of the off ball movement.

Anyone like that angle? If so, why?
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

someone on my fb posted this (so you know it's true), but hes actually an incredibly intelligent dude and this is wild.

at the current rate eSports will surpass baseball in attendance and tv viewership by 2040.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

also, need a simple "yes" or "no".

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

No, but I'm old and uncool these days.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Hard no but you can use Shel's description for me as well
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

They look delicious though.

Like a watermelon jolly rancher mixed with sour apple.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

@qazhby!!!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

If they were an OD Green I'd rock them
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Definitely a no for me on those shoes.

(I don't mind some flashiness in the colors, but prefer a different style. I hadn't bought shoes since I picked up some Hyperdunks a few years back. Then, this summer, I saw some of the color combos on the Curry 7s and fell in love. I liked them so much, I purchased 2 pairs.)
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Return to “Off Topic Forum”