NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by The_Niddler »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:56 pm
nick wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:47 pm Lol ok guys. Mahomes is bad. My bad.
Nobody said that. But you can't anoint someone top 5 of all time after a couple of seasons

I'm actually in agreement with George here.

If Mahomes ends up being a product of the system and ends up sucking if they bring in a new coach or something, would you still think he is just as great Nick?
With that being said, I think we have seen enough to know he is not going to suck just because they would change coaches, but it is a hypothetical question.

To be considered top 10 that have ever played that position, I agree that they have to do it for longer than just a couple seasons.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i think Mahomes made Reid more than Reid made Mahomes.. kinda like Brady made Belichik.. because if anyone thinks those signings the pats did are good... woof.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

There's no question whatsoever that Mahomes has played the position at a higher level than Brees ever has through his 1st 3 seasons. He's probably done so at a higher level than any QB ever for that matter.

But if you're ranking or saying who is better, I think the easiest way to parse that out is if I tell you right now you can "draft" Mahomes and his level of play for the past 3 seasons but you only get him for those 3 seasons or you can take Brees and his level of play for 20 seasons, it's pretty obviously a no brainer that you'll take Brees simply due to the amount of years of elite QB play you'd get.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

What the heck is going on with Deshaun Watson...3 separate sexual assault lawsuits filed this week and supposedly more are coming.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm What the heck is going on with Deshaun Watson...3 separate sexual assault lawsuits filed this week and supposedly more are coming.
With one you think maybe theres merit, maybe its a cash grab, who knows. When theres 3-6 you start to wonder if theres a bit of fire from all that smoke
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:21 pm
shel311 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm What the heck is going on with Deshaun Watson...3 separate sexual assault lawsuits filed this week and supposedly more are coming.
With one you think maybe theres merit, maybe its a cash grab, who knows. When theres 3-6 you start to wonder if theres a bit of fire from all that smoke
I generally agree.

On the flip side though, as I understand it, these are 3 civil cases that never even tried to go the criminal case route. Not saying I'm right or wrong to think this, but when I see a sexual assault criminal case opened on an athlete(or anyone) I automatically think that's some super serious shit. But when I see ONLY civil suits filed, I just think meh, whatever.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I still want the Bears to trade 5 firsts for him. We can throw in Andy Dalton
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:30 pm
On the flip side though, as I understand it, these are 3 civil cases that never even tried to go the criminal case route. Not saying I'm right or wrong to think this, but when I see a sexual assault criminal case opened on an athlete(or anyone) I automatically think that's some super serious shit. But when I see ONLY civil suits filed, I just think meh, whatever.
I tend to agree here. If it was even halfway serious then the judicial system could still get involved, if they don't I would have a hard time convicting if I was on that civil jury (as of now without knowing any facts).
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

4 more today to bring the total to 7.

I think, again, all civil suits, no criminal.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Sounds like he enjoys the happy ending when getting a massage
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Saints lose a 6th round pick for more covid penalties.

Other teams are on video doing some of the exact same things the Saints got penalized for and... crickets... :|
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:56 am Saints lose a 6th round pick for more covid penalties.

Other teams are on video doing some of the exact same things the Saints got penalized for and... crickets... :|
Saints are cheaters, that's why
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Total will be at 12 per the attorney for the girls.

Again, I may be way wrong, but I feel like with only 1 attorney for all these girls, and as we get more and more, I believe it less and less. I'm supposed to believe that 12 girls were sexually assaulted and not a 1 of them called the cops, but they all somehow found this lawyer who is still not filing a criminal case but just civil? Seems farfetched, unless I'm missing something.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

im sure ppl said the same thing abotu Cosby.. Darren Sharper... Kellen Winslow...

not saying he did it but im sure 12 ppl didnt conspire together.. and i dont get the lawyer argument.. why would ppl get another lawyer if one is already representing the situation?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:07 pm im sure ppl said the same thing abotu Cosby.. Darren Sharper... Kellen Winslow...

not saying he did it but im sure 12 ppl didnt conspire together.. and i dont get the lawyer argument.. why would ppl get another lawyer if one is already representing the situation?
It's more so how did 1 attorney basically convince 12 girls not to file criminal complaints but instead civil.

Also, Cosby, Sharper, and Winslow are all in jail, they all had criminal cases. Watson now has 12 girls under 1 attorney and all 12 aren't pursuing criminal charges, entirely different than the Watson situation.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I thought I read that criminal charges would be coming eventually? Don't quote me on that. The single lawyer thing makes sense to me, once news gets out it would make sense for others to flock to the guy representing victims already.

I'll reserve any judgement, but this whole thing seems odd
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

My buddy is a lawyer and if Watson loses the civil it’ll become criminal and they’ll have a bigger case. Hate to see it but don’t be bugging masseuses for rub n tubs and blowjobs
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Miami traded back from 3 apparently cause Zach Wilson won’t be there

Return to “Off Topic Forum”