NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by nick »

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Skip Bayless is scum
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Clyde Edwards Helaire is going to be absurd in this Chiefs offense.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:44 pm Skip Bayless is scum
Just saw it, that's a legit fireable offense imo.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

CEH is a superstar to be
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 pm CEH is a superstar to be
Good to see that playing with a lesser QB didn't seem to slow him down tonight. :)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

nick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:13 pm KC -10 +104 let’s goooooo
as your tout i'll be here all weekend.

early leans presented by Head and Shoulders Shampoo

Buffalo -6.5 v New York
Carolina +3 v Las Vegas
Miami ML (+249) @ New England (+6.5 +101 if you're worried)

6.5 Pt Teaser
Miami +13
Buffalo PK
Car +9.5
SF -0.5

(Dont actually bet based off me. i do like these but id never advise someone else what to do with their money)
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

LMAO, people are making pretty idiotic statements about when the Chiefs and Texans locked arms before the game “in a moment of silence”.
If you were watching it was a very awkward timeframe that obviously wasn’t discussed as the stadium announcer didn't time the moment correctly. In the background you end up hearing boos AS THE REFS ENTER THE STADIUM!

People are making it about the demonstration now, fuck politics...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

So the fans of the defending super bowl champs booed the refs as they walked out and not the "protest" or whatever you want to call it... ok then lol. Trying to push that take I'd say you may need to consider getting in to politics.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Riot and looting = bad

Standing and linking arms = bad

Silent protest = bad
Violent protest = bad
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

wdoupis wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:48 pm So the fans of the defending super bowl champs booed the refs as they walked out and not the "protest" or whatever you want to call it... ok then lol. Trying to push that take I'd say you may need to consider getting in to politics.
What? I posted what others are pushing. Go watch it
ImageImage

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Never cought it. I don't watch much NFL but when I do it's redzone. Was playing in my pool league last night so I probably watched a total of a quarter, maybe a quarter and a half (only saw the first KC TD)

I don't like politics in my sports and I think viewership may be down this year due to it if the NFL goes all in with it. I believe I heard the NBA is down significantly as well. The only reason for it is politics, people want something to get away from the atmosphere we are bombarded with hourly
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Nba is down cause they’re playing games at 1pm on a Tuesday. Ppl have jobs
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I love this “ppl wanna get away from...” bullshit. Buddy the sports of the world don’t give a fuck about you. If you need to “watch sports” to “get away” the reality is you’re a fucking loser and need a life. I barely if ever watch sports cause I’m not a grown cheerleader and my life is great and I can still keep up with sports. Do some activities with your kids. Read a book. “Get away” non sense is laughable.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

The irony is that ratings are mostly down cause people like George steal cable and illegally stream games that the rating system can’t pick up.

The best tweet last night was some idiot going. “I’m done watching the nfl and their politics” and then wrote “Patrick Mahomes Is really good” like 1 hour later.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 pm If you need to “watch sports” to “get away” the reality is you’re a fucking loser and need a life.
:lol: :lol: Coming from the pot head failed carpenter turned janitor is laughable. But once again your reading comprehension skills are shining thru. Read it again and see where I said people want to get away from politics while they watch sports, not just get away as you read it.
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Why are actions by a single organization supporting social justice and social equality (or any cause for that matter) considered "political"? Do people think the NFL is solely made up of people from one political part or the other? Sometimes you can just be for or against something because it's the right thing in your mind and politics doesn't play a part in it.

I find it ridiculous when anyone complains about "take politics out of my _____". A private organization that wants to use their influence or platform to spread a message they feel needs sharing to hope that they may in some way help change a situation they view as unacceptable - but nooooooo, I don't want no "politics" with my ___________.

If the Chief held a "Support the March of Dimes" night would that be decried? But the concept of instead promoting equality is met by outcry? Is White Supremacy that bad in this country?

I'm tired - don't try to analyze my statements. Just want to spout some shit somewhere today. Good times y'all!
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I tried to find full video but of course its cut at the moment where they lock. The stadium announcer said “Thank You” before they locked up so the moment of silence was not timed up.
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”