NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by nick »

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

6 games for Watson. Looking forward to the meltdown on r/nfl today. It was pretty obvious when the NFLPA came out with their BS statement about sticking to the arb no matter what.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Big Ben got 6 games for just 1 accusation. It is pretty wild that Watson would get 6 for 25 or however many, but Goodell gonna Goodell.

I can't help but think this is good news for Alvin Kamara who is pending his day in Goodell court for knocking a dude out or some shit. If 25 accusations get you 6 games, then Kamara should have to sit the 1st series of the season lol
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:34 am Big Ben got 6 games for just 1 accusation. It is pretty wild that Watson would get 6 for 25 or however many, but Goodell gonna Goodell.

I can't help but think this is good news for Alvin Kamara who is pending his day in Goodell court for knocking a dude out or some shit. If 25 accusations get you 6 games, then Kamara should have to sit the 1st series of the season lol
And that one series should be a defensive series
ImageImageImage
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

The only consistency is the lack of consistency.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Kamara will be the overcorrection...

They'll label him a "violent offender" and give him a year. Just NFL things.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:16 am Kamara will be the overcorrection...

They'll label him a "violent offender" and give him a year. Just NFL things.
Goodell does love to stick it to the Saints!!!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:34 am Big Ben got 6 games for just 1 accusation. It is pretty wild that Watson would get 6 for 25 or however many, but Goodell gonna Goodell.

goddell has nothing to do with this. thats why the NFLPA came out and said they hope NFL respects it cause they can appeal.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Goodell has nothing to do with suspensions handed out?

Is this some new change to the NFL structure?
nick wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 pm thats why the NFLPA came out and said they hope NFL respects it cause they can appeal.
I'm not following. The NFLPA has come out and appealed many of Goodell's suspensions.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

NFL's comment. "Multiple violations"

the Judges comments. He's not allowed to visit a parlor anymore :lol:

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

The battery case against New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Chris Lammons and two other men is delayed another two months, at least.

yesss, hes pushing that to be a 23/24 problem.. which is great for me in fantasy football.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Smart move since Goodell will fuck it up. Hopefully that same judge gives the Kamara one, she seems much more lenient then Roger lol.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Kamara was bracing for 6, but i guess now it'll be none since sexually abusing 25 girls only gets u 6 games, 1 ass whooping should be given a medal.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Jeff Darlington
@JeffDarlington
·
12m
Considering appeals must be made based on the “evidentiary record” within Robinson’s findings, the NFL can likely find all it needs within this page from the ruling, should they decide to appeal. She doesn’t take issue with the league’s facts — only its suggested discipline.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Holy shit. Dolphins lose a first and a third and owner suspended until Oct 17th and fined 1.5 million. Flores must have had proof that he wanted him to throw games.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 am Holy shit. Dolphins lose a first and a third and owner suspended until Oct 17th and fined 1.5 million. Flores must have had proof that he wanted him to throw games.
Whoa

That's wild but if the proof was legit throwing games, I think the penalty would have been much worse and the owner would be forced to sell the team immediately, so this is interesting.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I may have jumped the gun. From what I see on Twitter I see they had proof that they were talking to Brady while he was a Patriot.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:24 pm I may have jumped the gun. From what I see on Twitter I see they had proof that they were talking to Brady while he was a Patriot.
Ahhh, that makes more sense.

I don't mean this for even the controversial part of it, but I'm gonna be a bit hyperbolic here but I truly think one of the biggest stories that was underreported and/or just no one cared about that I can recall in a loooooong time was Tom Brady literally fake retiring along with Sean Payton also retiring and conspiring to come out of retirement and land with the Dolphins, only to have it all undone with the even wilder story about the Dolphins.

It's like no one cares about that, seems like a huge story.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 am Flores must have had proof that he wanted him to throw games.
Dolphins: "We will pay you $100,000 to lose games"

NFL: "Haha that wasn't serious"

Saints: "We will pay you $10,000 to play defense"

NFL: "Here are the harshest penalties in league history"

:) :) :)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Ya paying players to have ppl carted off with injuries is no big deal

Return to “Off Topic Forum”