COVID-19

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
User avatar
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 40602
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by nick »

Image
Image
Cuevas Career HR Breaking Countdown: 761

"Just like the QO only being a flat 12M instead of the average of the Top 100 salaries" - DRWebs

User avatar
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 63265
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: NDL:F Headquarters: Orlando
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Cnasty »

It’s like a scoreboard at this point and you know America has to be the best at everything!

Just over took Italy in deaths too. Yikes

User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 68722
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 pm
Nate Silver, the dude from 538, spoke to a bunch of experts who say the actual number of cases is likely 10x higher than currently.

If true it makes COVID mortality rate right in line with the flu but the obvious issue still being slowing it down as even if it's "just the flu" we're not equipped to fight 2 flus essentially.
Also, Iceland has a small population so they're trying to test every citizen, not just those with symptoms.


So far they've gotten 3% of the population, and the data shows that roughly half of those who have the virus are asymptomatic.

User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 17108
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:23 pm
It’s like a scoreboard at this point and you know America has to be the best at everything!

Just over took Italy in deaths too. Yikes
Is it Yikes?

Italy Population 60.5M
US Population 329.45M

I'd assume we would have more deaths.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 40602
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by nick »

america has 1000 deaths. italy has 8000. and im the grim reaper..
Image
Cuevas Career HR Breaking Countdown: 761

"Just like the QO only being a flat 12M instead of the average of the Top 100 salaries" - DRWebs

User avatar
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 63265
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: NDL:F Headquarters: Orlando
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Cnasty »

:lol:

Daily Social Distancing Happy Hour on the block started a tad earlier today

User avatar
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 40602
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by nick »

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
Cuevas Career HR Breaking Countdown: 761

"Just like the QO only being a flat 12M instead of the average of the Top 100 salaries" - DRWebs

User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 68722
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 pm
:lol:

Daily Social Distancing Happy Hour on the block started a tad earlier today
Are Rehabs considered essential and open during a pandemic?


Asking for a friend...

wdoupis
Reactions:
Posts: 9617
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Richmond Greeks

Re: COVID-19

Post by wdoupis »

shel311 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 pm
Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 pm
:lol:

Daily Social Distancing Happy Hour on the block started a tad earlier today
Are Rehabs considered essential and open during a pandemic?


Asking for a friend...
Been a couple times I wanted to ask, are you doing ok buddy? That is coming from me even though the more fun me retired a few years ago

User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 17108
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:02 pm
Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rudy has lost it since 9/11.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 68722
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

Dr. Birx with a really good breakdown discussing the change in the Imperial College of Londons projections.


She also talks about ventilator capacity in the US in the 2nd part of the video.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4864096/ ... x-modeling

User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 68722
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

Here's the Mayor of New Orleans blaming Trump for not canceling Mardi Gras

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 00865?s=19

User avatar
Weasel
Reactions:
Posts: 9458
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:55 am
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 pm
Here's the Mayor of New Orleans blaming Trump for not canceling Mardi Gras

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 00865?s=19
I'm confused. Wouldn't that have been her call to make?

User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 17108
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Weasel wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 pm
shel311 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 pm
Here's the Mayor of New Orleans blaming Trump for not canceling Mardi Gras

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 00865?s=19
I'm confused. Wouldn't that have been her call to make?
I'm assuming she is a Democrat so it's the name of the game to blame Trump. Just like when Katrina happened. Bush couldn't send people in without the state asking for it
ImageImageImage

User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 17108
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by GeorgesGoons »

So if you have a senior in HS you won't receive credit for them? $1200 per adult and $500 per kid under 18. Am I reading that right?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 68722
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:34 pm
So if you have a senior in HS you won't receive credit for them? $1200 per adult and $500 per kid under 18. Am I reading that right?
Did you complete your 2019 taxes? If yes, did you claim him as a dependent? If yes, you'd get the $500.

If you didn't compete 2019 taxes, then I believe it's the same but for 2018 taxes.

User avatar
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 40602
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by nick »

Image

there is a 0.00000000% chance China has no new cases :lol: .. boy i hope the world carpet bombs that country when this is all done.
Image
Cuevas Career HR Breaking Countdown: 761

"Just like the QO only being a flat 12M instead of the average of the Top 100 salaries" - DRWebs

User avatar
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 63265
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: NDL:F Headquarters: Orlando
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by Cnasty »

wdoupis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 pm
shel311 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 pm
Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 pm
:lol:

Daily Social Distancing Happy Hour on the block started a tad earlier today
Are Rehabs considered essential and open during a pandemic?


Asking for a friend...
Been a couple times I wanted to ask, are you doing ok buddy? That is coming from me even though the more fun me retired a few years ago
Thursday’s are an even pre-pandemic tradition for almost a year now.

But yea, I drink daily at this point and it keeps our sanity as we all social distance. We all convene around 430,5 and drink until 10,11.

Thank you covid!!

wdoupis
Reactions:
Posts: 9617
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Richmond Greeks

Re: COVID-19

Post by wdoupis »

Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 pm
wdoupis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 pm
shel311 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 pm
Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 pm
:lol:

Daily Social Distancing Happy Hour on the block started a tad earlier today
Are Rehabs considered essential and open during a pandemic?


Asking for a friend...
Been a couple times I wanted to ask, are you doing ok buddy? That is coming from me even though the more fun me retired a few years ago
Thursday’s are an even pre-pandemic tradition for almost a year now.

But yea, I drink daily at this point and it keeps our sanity as we all social distance. We all convene around 430,5 and drink until 10,11.

Thank you covid!!
I hope this tradition is still going when I move to Dallas to watch Luka every night.

User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 68722
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers
Contact:

Re: COVID-19

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 pm
But yea, I drink daily at this point
Cnasty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 pm
We all convene around 430,5 and drink until 10,11.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic Forum”