Junior Year Highlights

Share tips, idea, health and fun idea for the kids of the NDL.
LytezOut
Reactions:

Junior Year Highlights

Post by LytezOut »

Check out some highlights from junior. Looking for a big July and then narrow schools down to a top 10. He just took visits to George Mason, Miami, Bucknell and American.

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Junior Year Highlights

Post by shel311 »

Lots of trips to Miami, smart kid whether he goes there are not lol.

What were his season stats?
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

shel311 wrote:Lots of trips to Miami, smart kid whether he goes there are not lol.

What were his season stats?
20.2 PPG
6.8 Rebounds per gm
2.4 steals per gm
2.6 assist per gm

He has a 3.85 GPA and a 24 on ACT 1st time he took it. He's qualified for every school we've looking at except the Ivy league schools. For Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and Cornell he need a 26. He's taking it again in the fall.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Canes need him and let alone the awesome education he will get there
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

Cnasty wrote:Canes need him and let alone the awesome education he will get there

And I can see almost every game........only couple of hours away.
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

Picked up offer from Boston University last night.
How's the area?..................never been :D
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

congrats.

does he have any shot at getting an offer from an Ivy league school (assuming he gets his #'s up)?

Boston is a great city for college, cold as hell but a fun city for a kid to experience and not too big that he'd be overwhelmed. there are a million schools in Boston so he'll have plenty of youngsters to run around with but not as much of a 'college feel' as going to a campus school but still a great place to meet people and set himself up for his future.
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

DRiccio21 wrote:congrats.

does he have any shot at getting an offer from an Ivy league school (assuming he gets his #'s up)?

Boston is a great city for college, cold as hell but a fun city for a kid to experience and not too big that he'd be overwhelmed. there are a million schools in Boston so he'll have plenty of youngsters to run around with but not as much of a 'college feel' as going to a campus school but still a great place to meet people and set himself up for his future.
He will get offers from Ivy league schools that he's talking to once he get the 26 on the ACT, which won't be a problem. He got a 24 1st time without any studying or anything. He'll also graduate with about a 4.5 because he's taking 5 AP classes next year.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Unless I'm being courted by the elite level schools, now that I think about it, I think I'd want to go to either an Ivy league school or Miami :lol:

Or to be honest, 35 year old me sees all the benefits of the Ivy league school, but 18 year old me would certanly not see it the same compared to Miami.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

my personal thoughts and I'm just offering my advice thru what I've seen in my professional career.

unless he's going to the league, which is a huge long shot (with all due respect regardless of how good he is), I wouldn't be able to sign with an Ivy league soon enough.

imo, you have to maximize the opportunity. any joe, dick or harry has the opportunity to get to Miami or UConn or wherever. it takes either an insanely good resume, a legacy family or an incredible talent (which he will fit into) to open the doors of an Ivy league school. Ivy leagues change lives and the paths of lives for generations to come if utilized properly and proper connections are made.

overall, school is for fools... there is really no point in it other than to accrue massive amounts of debt unless you work in a field that requires a special degree (ie Medicine). other than that, the best thing you can get out of school is future opportunity thru connections you make and the only places that truly guarantee that are Ivy league schools.

get Amaker on the phone ASAP
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

But Miami is the Harvard of the South with hotter chicks, a beach, and wonderful weather!!

:)
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

Cnasty wrote:But Miami is the Harvard of the South with hotter chicks, a beach, and wonderful weather!!

:)
You can't deny the chicks that you'll see at UM and South Beach, but..............could be a distractiion :mrgreen:
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

play the long game.

pulling chicks at UM for 4 years. pulling chicks wherever he goes for as long as he wants cause he's got a great career and he's partying with the future Zuckerbergs of the world :)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Dave totally missed the Harvard of the South reference of the debate he was having with a cougar during the entire second half of the UM/UF game.

Disappointing.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:play the long game.

pulling chicks at UM for 4 years. pulling chicks wherever he goes for as long as he wants cause he's got a great career and he's partying with the future Zuckerbergs of the world :)
Ivy League - Next Zuckerberg

Miami - Next Nevin Shapiro

Hey, Shapiro had a nice run!!!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Cnasty wrote:Dave totally missed the Harvard of the South reference of the debate he was having with a cougar during the entire second half of the UM/UF game.

Disappointing.
FUCKKKKKK

bro, to be honest, that's REALLY fucking funny and so well played... I feel horrible I missed that :cry: :oops: :lol:

I been having some early onset dementia moments lately, I can't remember shit without being prodded.

Return to “Kids Corner”