Recruiting Update

Share tips, idea, health and fun idea for the kids of the NDL.
LytezOut
Reactions:

Recruiting Update

Post by LytezOut »

The highlight of the summer for him was playing on ESPN. It's been busy since his Nike season ended the phone, email, and mail box are all blowing up. It's been and interesting process so far.He just received a call and letter from his dream school.................UNC!!!!!!!!!! He received his 1st offer from Kennesaw State. Their new HC coached at Florida during their back to back titles. With them moving to Conference USA next year, it could be interesting. He's getting alot of interest/calls from Miami, Virginia Tech, USF, Baylor, Davidson, Army, Yale, Belmont, ODU, ECU, Gardner-Webb, FIU, FAU, Vandy, NC State, GT, Wofford, North Florida, Bucknell, Northwestern, Jacksonville, FGCU, Iona, American, FAMU, Norfolk State, and FSU. I know I've missed some, but the list is growing daily.
He was workouts set up with most of these schools coming up in the next few weeks. I know a few coaches told me they wanted to offer him in person when they come to the workouts.
With him being only a junior, we have plenty of time to pick the right school. I have to get him an NDL tee shirt or something when we sign the LOI, :D
He's also grown a little more. He's still growing having just turned 16. Right now he's 6'6 and 190LBS.

Check out a few of the latest highlights:

LytezOut
Reactions:

Re: Recruiting Update

Post by LytezOut »

Can you tell I am bored at work, lol
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

this is awesome, you're about to acheive the dream... not having to pay for college!
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

Uuaww wrote:this is awesome, you're about to acheive the dream... not having to pay for college!
Exactly.........He has enough credits to graduate this year. Right now he has a 3.7 GPA unweighted. I don't know what it is weighted, which is higher because he takes AP and honors classes. We've always told him hit the books and everything else will be easy.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Smart kid
Hell of an athlete
Sounds like a good kid

Great parenting man.

I still hope he signs with Miami but I cant deny his dream spot at UNC.
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

Cnasty wrote:Smart kid
Hell of an athlete
Sounds like a good kid

Great parenting man.

I still hope he signs with Miami but I cant deny his dream spot at UNC.
He's visited there a couple of times this summer. They send him materials daily. I know they are high on his list.

Return to “Kids Corner”