1st day of school

Share tips, idea, health and fun idea for the kids of the NDL.
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

1st day of school

Post by steelcitychaos »

his road on the education highway.. Today was our son Carters' first day of kindergarten. The wife, myself, and the twins all walked him to his class. Didnt really have time with the emotional stuff because the twins were a good distraction trying to keep them in line. The only thing I amazed about is that kindergarten is from 8-330 4 days a week. Heck when I started it was 1/2 a day and they even tried to make us take naps.
Last edited by steelcitychaos on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Re: Our 1st has started

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Whew, I was scared this was going to be about something else completely different.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 1st day of school

Post by ChampDizzle »

My 9 yr old daughter started her 4th grade today in a new school. She now attends a private school, so it will be somewhat different then she is used to. She will have to wear uniforms and will have 6 different teachers. The plan is for her to go 2 years and then transfer to the same magnet school as her sister, who starts 8th grade Monday.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Is starting school this early normal around the country? Up here is MA, school used to start after Labor Day weekend, but has started the Wednesday before the last couple of years.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

Downing11 wrote:Is starting school this early normal around the country? Up here is MA, school used to start after Labor Day weekend, but has started the Wednesday before the last couple of years.
when does school end there? Here in GA they finish last week in May.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

ChampDizzle wrote:
Downing11 wrote:Is starting school this early normal around the country? Up here is MA, school used to start after Labor Day weekend, but has started the Wednesday before the last couple of years.
when does school end there? Here in GA they finish last week in May.
Depending on snow days (probably not an issue is GA), they are done mid to late June. Public school is 180 days here in MA.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

My youngest started kindergarten this year. It makes things much easier on me in the morning. We all get to sleep an extra half hour because instead of taking him to the sitter then dropping the other two off and then me going to school, I now have one less stop to make. Then there was this morning where they all wanted to ride the bus. I got them all put on the bus then I had nothing to do for a half hour. I was already dressed and ready so I just went ahead and went to work.
CrimsonBassn78
Reactions:

Post by CrimsonBassn78 »

ChampDizzle wrote:My 9 yr old daughter started her 4th grade today in a new school. She now attends a private school, so it will be somewhat different then she is used to. She will have to wear uniforms and will have 6 different teachers. The plan is for her to go 2 years and then transfer to the same magnet school as her sister, who starts 8th grade Monday.

My girls have been going to a private school since preschool. They have to wear uniforms as well starting in Kindergarten but Wednesday they can wear what they want. They love it. Their uniforms consist of polo shirts and khaki pants, shorts or skirts. They have two different colors of polos they wear and alternate.

Return to “Kids Corner”