Kids

Share tips, idea, health and fun idea for the kids of the NDL.
trendon
Reactions:

Re: Kids

Post by trendon »

LetsGoPeay wrote: I refuse to become one of those parents.
Will it be tough for you if they play basketball? My uncle was an exceptional football player and my father wasn't half-bad and they stayed out of the way.

I know I have a problem should I ever have kids: if I can do something, I can't understand why anyone else cannot. I often struggle with that at work, as a boss. I get very, very frustrated with mistakes. Can you not be like that considering your hoops history?
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Cnasty wrote: My former best friend was that guy. He went 0-17 in his high school career and struck out all 17 times. I got embarrassed because my mom was that parent that said to him "you'll get em next time"
I never got a hit in the one year I played. It took me to the last game to make contact and the bench cheered.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

He fouled a ball off one time down the line and the crowd acted like he just won us states
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

We work on stuff at the gym and I try to help them on the driveway bucket at home. But at practices I sit quietly on the side and don't say anything. At games I just cheer for them and that's about it.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

my freshman year of high school i made all division in centerfield and hit leadoff, we made the state final 4.

my sophomore year i started the season 0-32.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:We work on stuff at the gym and I try to help them on the driveway bucket at home. But at practices I sit quietly on the side and don't say anything. At games I just cheer for them and that's about it.
the coach must at least be decent tho.

i would freak if the coach was a moron. i dno't care if my kid plays, but at least have a clue and make them better during their time with the guy.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Cnasty wrote:He fouled a ball off one time down the line and the crowd acted like he just won us states
HA! I popped out to second or short and got the same reaction.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

my youngest (the 8 year old in the vids above) was playing when he was 6, 2 years ago obviously, and his age group didnt have a fall league so we moved him up to machine pitch. He wasnt ready and struggled to get a hit all year. it was touuuugh to watch. he was like the RF and last hitter :lol:

fast froward to the playoffs in the 1st round. we are down 10-7 in the bottom of the last inning and he is coming up...there were at least 100 in the crowd and the place fell silent on our side cause every just KNEW we were done as there were two outs. well ethan wiffs on the 1st two pitches for 2 strikes. the next pitch comes in and he makes contact and crushes one over the center fielders head to clear the bases and tie it at 10-10.

I bring it up because the place went absolutely bananas. I mean CRAZY

one of my favorite moments as a dad. He was so happy.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

That's Disney movieish! :shock:

Did they end up winning?
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

DRiccio21 wrote:
LetsGoPeay wrote:We work on stuff at the gym and I try to help them on the driveway bucket at home. But at practices I sit quietly on the side and don't say anything. At games I just cheer for them and that's about it.
the coach must at least be decent tho.

i would freak if the coach was a moron. i dno't care if my kid plays, but at least have a clue and make them better during their time with the guy.

i dont have an issue with the coach being a moron.

if his heart is in the right place and he's volunteering and letting the kids have fun...i can forgive lack of real knowledge, especially if he's not athletic or didnt play himself but just loves the sport

what i have an issue with is the coach who thinks he knows everything (when in reality he's VERY wrong about stuff) AND tops it off with putting too much pressure on the kids and not making it about fun in the least. this is usually the guy who defines himself (and takes a little too much pride) by how good his little league team is
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Nole4real wrote: if his heart is in the right place and he's volunteering and letting the kids have fun...i can forgive lack of real knowledge, especially if he's not athletic or didnt play himself but just loves the sport

what i have an issue with is the coach who thinks he knows everything (when in reality he's VERY wrong about stuff) AND tops it off with putting too much pressure on the kids and not making it about fun in the least. this is usually the guy who defines himself (and takes a little too much pride) by how good his little league team is
fair point.

i guess i was more or less talking about the 2nd guy.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Cnasty wrote:That's Disney movieish! :shock:

Did they end up winning?
no they lost the next inning in extras
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:

Did they end up winning?
Disney turned real life. :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

Did they end up winning?
Disney turned real life. :lol:
within 5 minutes. he didnt give a shit though :lol:
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

My two oldest kids' baseball coach is fucking brutal. He''s a really nice guy. He knows the game and he does a good job teaching it. The problem is that he's a university professor and he has the athletic ability of your average professor. It's not a problem when they use the pitching machine. But on the nights when they're on the field with no outlets and he has to pitch it's un-fucking-believable. He's actually plunked a couple of kids on his own team and he throws behind at least three a game. Not coincidentally, these are almost always the games that they lose because he can't get the ball across the plate well enough for the kids to hit. The first time he threw behind my son my kid stepped out of the box and gave him a look like he was going to charge the mound. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Thank God he throws soft as hell.
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

lol, I hit a kid in the helmet once. To my defense though, he didn't move an inch when it was coming at him. And it was very soft. Scared the crap out of me more than him I think.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Here's some videos of my two oldest kids' game tonight. My son is 8 and clearly the best player on his team. Things come pretty easy to him right now. My daughter is 7 and enjoys sports but is still very much a girly girl. You'll have to forgive my camera work on the video of the triple. I was fighting off a four year old who was hell bent on getting in the picture with his big brother.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNHajKAeQc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2l08M-28Q[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtydMnFVu-I[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1CMyEmOZQ[/youtube]
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Peays park>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ajs park

Grass infield!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

AJ's videos>>>>Peay's videos

But only because I can't view peay's for some reason. :lol:

Just getting the blank white screen.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Shel notes since you cant see:

Peays kid is 7 yet he is taller than you at like 6'4 and hits bombs

His daughter has an awesome pink helmet and is playing baseball which is awesomer.

Return to “Kids Corner”