TaylorMade RAC OS Irons, Left Handed

Buy, sell and swap with other NDL members.

Moderator: Uuaww

Downing11
Reactions:

TaylorMade RAC OS Irons, Left Handed

Post by Downing11 »

I just bought a new set of irons and am now looking to unload my older ones. The set is 3 iron through pitching wedge (8 total clubs) and they are TaylorMade RAC OS irons. They are regular flex, steel shafts, with standard lie and loft. These are left handed clubs. They have some minor dings here and there typical of normal play. I just had them re-gripped at the beginning of last year so that doesn't need to be touched. I'm looking for $100 for them plus whatever it would take for me to ship, which probably wouldn't be more than $10 to $15 depending on where you live. Let me know if you are interested and I can take some pictures of them.
kdog36
Reactions:

Re: TaylorMade RAC OS Irons, Left Handed

Post by kdog36 »

interested. I have been looking for these

Have to replace the reg flex but I can do that.

Can you send me some pics please kind sir!!!!???
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

I'll take the pictures tonight and PM them to you. Thanks!
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

kdog36 wrote:interested. I have been looking for these

Have to replace the reg flex but I can do that.

Can you send me some pics please kind sir!!!!???
I PM'd you for your email address and I'll just email them to you.
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

What irons did you buy downing?
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

sixpackdan101 wrote:What irons did you buy downing?
I went with the TaylorMade R11s. I waited too long and they are not in stores anymore so I had to get them off ebay which was actually cheaper anyway. It is good and bad being a lefty sometimes. Harder to find clubs, but when you do, they are often cheaper as stores are trying to unload them. I was considering the new Rocketbladez, but I hit them and didn't like them as much as the R11s. They should be delivered by Friday, but of course we are in the middle of getting another foot of snow up here so who knows when I'll get to break them in on the course.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Contemplating the Rocketbladez as well. Going to hit the regular again and give the tours a shot as well, in about an hour. The local GG just put a used set out this morning, apparently someone had buyers remorse. A friend texted me at lunch time to tell me about them. I'm currently hitting R7s.
PSN: ReignOnU
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

ReignOnU wrote:Contemplating the Rocketbladez as well. Going to hit the regular again and give the tours a shot as well, in about an hour. The local GG just put a used set out this morning, apparently someone had buyers remorse. A friend texted me at lunch time to tell me about them. I'm currently hitting R7s.
I hit the Rocketbladez regular clubs fine. The problem I had with them, and this may sound dumb, but I didn't like how I could look down on the club and partially see the cavity back of the club head. Wouldn't be a problem with the tour clubs as those are more blade-like but I can't hit the blades well and they were also $100 more.
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

Downing11 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Contemplating the Rocketbladez as well. Going to hit the regular again and give the tours a shot as well, in about an hour. The local GG just put a used set out this morning, apparently someone had buyers remorse. A friend texted me at lunch time to tell me about them. I'm currently hitting R7s.
I hit the Rocketbladez regular clubs fine. The problem I had with them, and this may sound dumb, but I didn't like how I could look down on the club and partially see the cavity back of the club head. Wouldn't be a problem with the tour clubs as those are more blade-like but I can't hit the blades well and they were also $100 more.
Doesn't sound dumb at all. I couldn't go back to hitting cavity backs since moving to blades. The top-line is just way too thick looking.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

I got some Burner os irons like a year ago and love em! Im a big Taylormade guy tho, and rock all Rocketballz woods and driver!
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

UclaMac wrote:I got some Burner os irons like a year ago and love em! Im a big Taylormade guy tho, and rock all Rocketballz woods and driver!
Nice. I love Taylormade too. I have an R9 driver and 3 wood and r11 3 hybrid. I actually have an R11 driver but can't hit it consistently to save my life so I still use the R9!!!!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I bought them. Couldn't pass up the price ($617). Some guy purchased them, played 2 rounds and traded them in for the tours. I went in, grabbed the 7, went back to the sim and hit the damn thing just as far and accurate as I did the week before released. Unreal. 7i 180-185. Just to be sure that there sim wasn't cooked (trust the sales guys anyway, the main guy was one of my teachers in HS), I grabbed my R7 7i... 155-160, which is realistic. I was pretty convinced after the 1st time I hit the Rocketbladez that they were amazing clubs, but after doing the exact same thing in the sim, I had to buy them. Usually when a manufacturer claims straighter and farther, it's a bunch of shit, but this has been the case both times with these clubs. Not only that, even on bad swings, the ball launches well and doesn't go too far off line. I'm not at the level of being able to work a ball, which maybe these clubs take away from, but with where I'm at in my game (in the 90s, trying to break into the 80s), this seems like a great fit. Plus the R7s have run their course. They've been good. Unfortunately, I drove over to the practice center where I saw a Rossa Monte Carlo center shafter putter that I wanted and the guy sold it yesterday. So I'm still on the lookout for a quality center shaft putter that doesn't break the bank.
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

Man all this talk of new clubs is depressing. I still hit me 6yr old Cleveland tour actions and can't bring myself to get rid of them. Best clubs I have ever owned. I only hit Cleveland drivers wedges. IMO best clubs on the market not mine but when I go out and cheat on my tour actions.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Ooooh, hijacked the thread to talk golf gear.

I upgraded from a starter set about 3 years ago (I had bought a complete set from Pinemeadow online, was fine for what it was but it was a complete set, every club, for about $250, so you get exactly what you pay for).

I have a MIzuno MX500 driver (stiff) and Mizuno F50 3wood (stiff). They're not new technology and I picked them up used, but they were light years ahead of what I was playing (and I got the driver for $40 - Cragislist and the 3wood for $20 - eBay). When I'm in practice I probably average about 275 and 235 off the tee with each, respectively, with typically a pretty solid draw.

Rather than a 5 wood I carry a Bridgestone 2 Hybrid AirMuscle utility club. It is probably a 205-210 club off the tee for me on longer par 3s. $35 off eBay.

My irons run 3 through PW and are a Bridgetsone J36 Combo Set with Rifle Project X 5.5 shafts. The 3-4-5 are cavity back, 6-8 are partial cavity back, and 9-PW are blades. I picked these up used on Craigslist. They'd been played twice and were $375 when they still retailed for $600.

Then, depending on the course I may carry up to 3 wedges (dropping the 2 hybrid in most cases) starting with a 52 degree Bridgestone West Coast Design "Gap" ($40 eBay), a 54 degree Cleveland CG10 "Gap", and a 58 degree Cleveland CG10 "Sand" ($50 together off Craigslist 3 years back).

Last stick is the Ping Anser 2i Isopur. $20 off a buddy.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Yeah I have some buddies that swear by mizuno, but not me. I have Taylormade everything, and a Scotty Cameron putter
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Looking for a good center-shaft blade/mallet putter. (TM Monte Carlo, Nike 4i Method, etc) If you know of a good way to get one for a solid price, lmk.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

ReignOnU wrote:Looking for a good center-shaft blade/mallet putter. (TM Monte Carlo, Nike 4i Method, etc) If you know of a good way to get one for a solid price, lmk.
Do you mind eBay?

A quick search of center shaft putters brought back a lot of results and it seems you could probably score something for between $50 and $75 including shipping. Though, I don't know if that is a good price to be fair.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Sold my good clubs summer before last when I was between jobs, bought some starter clubs last year just to get back in the game. Gonna have to use some of my commission checks this summer to get a good set back. Not sure if I'm gonna go back to Nike or Callaways though. I might try the ebay route.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

Titleist AP 2's for me...On the hunt for a new driver now!

Return to “Classifieds”