2067 Beef Outlook

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

2067 Beef Outlook

Post by GeorgesGoons »

2067 Outlook

Starting Pitching (Last years Record/ERA/WHIP)
Brant Byrne (14-9/3.84/1.19)
Spoiler!
Came over from Washington and really stunk it up after pitching well in the NL. Maybe it's a sign that the offense is much better over in the AL or just the fact that he faced much harder competition the last month and a half of the season.
Jesus Gueramo (13-11/4.15/1.35)
Spoiler!
If he can get closer to his FIP he could have a better sesaon. Doesn't do anything exceptionally well but really doesn't have any glaring faults either.
Ramiro Nieto (7-5/3.63/1.25)
Spoiler!
Drafted as a LF but has shown better promise as a starter. The past 3 seasons he is 18-17 with a ~3.70 ERA.
Gonzalo VIlla (14-6/5.21/1.24)
Spoiler!
Not good but we don't have much to afford a top flight starter. If he can just improve a little bit we might be able to add some wins as a club.
Elijah Walker (8-10/4.36/1.46)
Spoiler!
Another guy that isn't that great but we have to throw out there due to some of the prospects not being ready quite yet.
Bruce Burke (10-10/4.04/1.47)
Spoiler!
Back end of the rotation filler, nothing more.
The bullpen is the strength to this pitching staff. If this team is to do great things this year it will be because the bullpen kept the team in long enough for the hitters to manufacture runs and win the games.

Batting Order (Last years stats)
1 R Alfonso Romero 2B .179 0 5 0
Spoiler!
Rookie bring brought up to play 2B and lead off. Absolute blazer on the basepaths (101/98/101). Should be able to play well above average to gold glove level at 2B. If he can hit around .300 at the top of the lineup he should score a bunch of runs with the hitters behind him.
2 R Bryan Yang SS .302 26 95 20
Spoiler!
Still one of the best Short Stops in the game. He isn't hitting for power like we expected, but we won't complain if he is able to hit 25-30 HR's from the #2 hole. Could pencil him in for around a .390 OBP and .500 Slugging
3 L Claudio Marquis CF .320 18 63 23
Spoiler!
Top 5 CF when healthy. Should hit .315/25/90 in the 3 hole while adding another 25+ doubles, 5+ triples. and swiping 20 bags. Plays decent defense in CF
4 L Sergio Domínguez 1B .246 43 96 13
Spoiler!
Absolute masher and should continue this year. Could push his HR total to close to 50 this year.
5 R Anastasio García DH .241 33 96 6
Spoiler!
Another guy who can put up some ridiculous HR numbers. We are expecting 35+ HR's, which could go up if he can drop his K rate. He will play DH this year as our OF is pretty stacked and he just doesn't have the ability to replace anyone in the field.
6 L Lewis Archer RF .297 14 43 0
Spoiler!
2nd year player who played real well last year. With a full year we think he can push his numbers up to .300/20/90. He isn't that much of a HR threat but he will make steady contact and be well above average in doubles, possibly around the 40 double mark, while adding 5+ triples.
7 R Edward Stevens LF .169 3 10 2
Spoiler!
Had a bigratings boost and looks to contribute to the club. Will hit leadoff against lefties as he has enough speed to swipe some bags. Can be the next big thing in Left Field. Should be in contention for ROY all year long.
8 L Joe Hudson C .282 16 53 1
Spoiler!
When you look at his defensive ratings he should be a DH. But he continues to play well behind the plate, throwing out 30.6% of would be base stealers. If he is to follow his history of good/bad year, he should have a down year this year. If he can continue to play at last years level, we will be pleased to get that kind of production from the #8 hitter.
9 R Gordon Pantoja 3B .284 27 70 0
Spoiler!
Not exactly a Gold Glover over at 3B, but doesn't play as if he has two left feet either. His offensive production outweighs his defensive production. He has been pretty consistent since being called up, should hit .280/20+/80+.
Once again, this team is built on it's Hitters. This lineup could be one of the top 3 in the AL once again. With the addition of Edward Stevens these numbers should improve even more.
Last years team stats:
Batting Average .276 - 3rd in AL
On-Base Percentage .335 - 4th in AL
Slugging Percentage .451 - 3rd in AL
On-Base + Slugging .786 - 3rd in AL
Runs Scored 773 - 4th in AL
Hits 1568 - 3rd in AL
Extra-Base Hits 536 - 2nd in AL
Home Runs 212 - 2nd in AL
Bases On Balls 429 - 12th in AL
Strikeouts 1140 - 3rd in AL
Stolen Bases 88 - 13th in AL

Hitters:
All of last years guys to watch for are either playing in the big leagues or was traded (Marcos Martinez). And there aren't many guys per OSA that stands out.

Pitchers:
SP John Oliver - 6 pitch pitcher that my scout absolutely loves. Appears to be an ace if you believe my scout. Projected debut:2067 Didn't progress as quickly as I thought he would. May end up getting called up to the show mid season but will start in the rotation in 2068.
SP Alvin Williams - Another guy my scout absolutely loves. Says he could top any rotation, I am just hoping he is good enough to be a #2 guy. Projected debut: 2067 Same exact situation as Oliver.
SP Juan Herrera - My scout says a potential #2 on most teams. That would be nice as he would be the #3 pitcher here. Projected debut: 2067 /2068 - May still get called up this season.
SP Doug Lange - OSA likes him more than my scout. If he can be anywhere in between the projections of the two scouting services I'll be happy enough. Still has room to grow though. Projected debut: 2068 / 2069 - still on track for his projected debut.
RP Gunner Brooks - Potential setup guy with the possibility to close games. Projected debut: 2066 / 2067 Traded
RP Sterling Glass - Middle reliever and maybe a guy I'll try in a setup role. Projected debut:2066 / 2067 - brought up last season and had an okay rookie campaign.
RP Haile-Miriam Kasiya - Middle reliever with that may rack up a lot of strikeouts. Projected debut: 2066 / 2067 - will make his appearance this season some time.
SP Doug Lange - 1st round pick in 2066. Not sure what to think of him just yet. Projected debut: 2069 / 2070.

The last 3 seasons we have seen the Beef win 87, 85 and 86 wins. This is the year they reach 90 wins behind okay pitching and some stout hitting.

Projected record: 92-70 and finish 2nd in the AL Central.
ImageImageImage
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Re: 2067 Beef Outlook

Post by Graywolf357 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:2067 Outlook
Spoiler!
Starting Pitching (Last years Record/ERA/WHIP)
Brant Byrne (14-9/3.84/1.19)
Spoiler!
Came over from Washington and really stunk it up after pitching well in the NL. Maybe it's a sign that the offense is much better over in the AL or just the fact that he faced much harder competition the last month and a half of the season.
Jesus Gueramo (13-11/4.15/1.35)
Spoiler!
If he can get closer to his FIP he could have a better sesaon. Doesn't do anything exceptionally well but really doesn't have any glaring faults either.
Ramiro Nieto (7-5/3.63/1.25)
Spoiler!
Drafted as a LF but has shown better promise as a starter. The past 3 seasons he is 18-17 with a ~3.70 ERA.
Gonzalo VIlla (14-6/5.21/1.24)
Spoiler!
Not good but we don't have much to afford a top flight starter. If he can just improve a little bit we might be able to add some wins as a club.
Elijah Walker (8-10/4.36/1.46)
Spoiler!
Another guy that isn't that great but we have to throw out there due to some of the prospects not being ready quite yet.
Bruce Burke (10-10/4.04/1.47)
Spoiler!
Back end of the rotation filler, nothing more.
The bullpen is the strength to this pitching staff. If this team is to do great things this year it will be because the bullpen kept the team in long enough for the hitters to manufacture runs and win the games.

Spoiler!
Rookie bring brought up to play 2B and lead off. Absolute blazer on the basepaths (101/98/101). Should be able to play well above average to gold glove level at 2B. If he can hit around .300 at the top of the lineup he should score a bunch of runs with the hitters behind him.
Spoiler!
Still one of the best Short Stops in the game. He isn't hitting for power like we expected, but we won't complain if he is able to hit 25-30 HR's from the #2 hole. Could pencil him in for around a .390 OBP and .500 Slugging
Spoiler!
Top 5 CF when healthy. Should hit .315/25/90 in the 3 hole while adding another 25+ doubles, 5+ triples. and swiping 20 bags. Plays decent defense in CF
Spoiler!
Absolute masher and should continue this year. Could push his HR total to close to 50 this year.
Spoiler!
Another guy who can put up some ridiculous HR numbers. We are expecting 35+ HR's, which could go up if he can drop his K rate. He will play DH this year as our OF is pretty stacked and he just doesn't have the ability to replace anyone in the field.
Spoiler!
2nd year player who played real well last year. With a full year we think he can push his numbers up to .300/20/90. He isn't that much of a HR threat but he will make steady contact and be well above average in doubles, possibly around the 40 double mark, while adding 5+ triples.
Spoiler!
Had a bigratings boost and looks to contribute to the club. Will hit leadoff against lefties as he has enough speed to swipe some bags. Can be the next big thing in Left Field. Should be in contention for ROY all year long.
Spoiler!
When you look at his defensive ratings he should be a DH. But he continues to play well behind the plate, throwing out 30.6% of would be base stealers. If he is to follow his history of good/bad year, he should have a down year this year. If he can continue to play at last years level, we will be pleased to get that kind of production from the #8 hitter.
Spoiler!
Not exactly a Gold Glover over at 3B, but doesn't play as if he has two left feet either. His offensive production outweighs his defensive production. He has been pretty consistent since being called up, should hit .280/20+/80+.
Once again, this team is built on it's Hitters. This lineup could be one of the top 3 in the AL once again. With the addition of Edward Stevens these numbers should improve even more.
Last years team stats:
Hits 1568 - 3rd in AL

Hitters:
All of last years guys to watch for are either playing in the big leagues or was traded (Marcos Martinez). And there aren't many guys per OSA that stands out.

Pitchers:
SP John Oliver - 6 pitch pitcher that my scout absolutely loves. Appears to be an ace if you believe my scout. Projected debut:2067 Didn't progress as quickly as I thought he would. May end up getting called up to the show mid season but will start in the rotation in 2068.
SP Alvin Williams - Another guy my scout absolutely loves. Says he could top any rotation, I am just hoping he is good enough to be a #2 guy. Projected debut: 2067 Same exact situation as Oliver.
SP Juan Herrera - My scout says a potential #2 on most teams. That would be nice as he would be the #3 pitcher here. Projected debut: 2067 /2068 - May still get called up this season.
SP Doug Lange - OSA likes him more than my scout. If he can be anywhere in between the projections of the two scouting services I'll be happy enough. Still has room to grow though. Projected debut: 2068 / 2069 - still on track for his projected debut.
RP Gunner Brooks - Potential setup guy with the possibility to close games. Projected debut: 2066 / 2067 Traded
RP Sterling Glass - Middle reliever and maybe a guy I'll try in a setup role. Projected debut:2066 / 2067 - brought up last season and had an okay rookie campaign.
RP Haile-Miriam Kasiya - Middle reliever with that may rack up a lot of strikeouts. Projected debut: 2066 / 2067 - will make his appearance this season some time.
SP Doug Lange - 1st round pick in 2066. Not sure what to think of him just yet. Projected debut: 2069 / 2070.

The last 3 seasons we have seen the Beef win 87, 85 and 86 wins. This is the year they reach 90 wins behind okay pitching and some stout hitting.

Hmmm playoff bound?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Graywolf357 wrote:
Hmmm playoff bound?
If 92 wins gets me to the playoffs then yes.
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I love the write up and depth, good stuff. Another year you didn’t get the pitching as this lineup is ready. Hope you don’t wait too long.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Spoiled
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:Spoiled
You are spoiled with this kind of write up ;)
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote:I love the write up and depth, good stuff. Another year you didn’t get the pitching as this lineup is ready. Hope you don’t wait too long.
Only so much you can do with $5m for free agents. Just gotta wait and see what happens with the young guys when they finally mature and hope that the hitters aren't well past their prime. And need to keep winning so I can build up my budget so I can afford a guy or two.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Updated season projections says the Beef win 97 games this year. I don't see it but would be happy to get to that win total. Also shows that Yang and Marquis are going to have the 3rd and 4th best season as a hitter in the AL. Could be possible as we adjusted our fences to take advantage of our hitting compared to our pitching.

After the Spring Training games we are a little concerned with our leadoff position. Alfonso Romero or Edward Stevens don't appear to be ready for that role but we really don't have anyone else to fill that role. Claudio Marquis is more of a #3 hitter than a leadoff guy so we are sticking with him in the 3 hole.

I believe we have a pretty decent bullpen so we have adjusted our hook starter to be a little more aggressive in case they start to falter.

Looking forward to seeing how this season goes.
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Adjusted the fences lol

Too funny
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote:Adjusted the fences lol

Too funny
Why is that funny? And why wouldn't you take advantage of a clear advantage your team has?
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

I would guess that he thinks it doesn't seem very 'sim'
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

GeorgesGoons wrote:

Too funny
Why is that funny? And why wouldn't you take advantage of a clear advantage your team has?
You’re just gonna pad other teams stats. So we thank you for it.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:

Too funny
You’re just gonna pad other teams stats. So we thank you for it.
I'm just going with my team hits better than most so I'll accept 5 runs a game if we can put up 6
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

it seems to me it'd be all relative

both teams play on the same field
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:it seems to me it'd be all relative

I never understood when you hear about college teams that leave their grass longer to slow down the fast team coming to town.

Isn't the fast team still going to be the same amount faster than the slower team?
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:

I never understood when you hear about college teams that leave their grass longer to slow down the fast team coming to town.

Isn't the fast team still going to be the same amount faster than the slower team?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:

The baseball dimensions are so awesome that leaving the grass shorter when playing a fast team could be the difference in an out or infield single. Same goes with a team that isn't that great at fielding up the middle, cut it shorter so the ball gets there faster and they don't have that split second to make the decision.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

top 4 in hitting but couldnt make the playoffs.. wouldnt it have made more sense to move the fences out? Your team can hit, cant pitch for shit.. so you made it harder on your pitchers...
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Only hit .250 but had 81 runs scored and 51 SB's. But more importantly he played Gold Glove defense at 2B
Spoiler!

.404 OBP and .515 Slugging while hitting 32 HR's
Spoiler!
.310/25/102 24 doubles, 6 triples and 24 SB's.
Spoiler!

Didn't get to the 50 HR mark. Still was able to get 42 dingers as well drive in 121 runs.
Spoiler!

Career year for Garcia. He hit .273 this year while hitting 40 HR's
Spoiler!

.270/30/93, only 30 doubles and 6 triples. Played pretty good defense as well.
Spoiler!

Ended up moving to the #3 hole as the best hitter on the club. .309/38/101 in his rookie campaign and if he doesn't win the ROY it would be a Cuevas type robbery. Will probably end up in the top 5 as well in MVP voting.
Spoiler!
Had a big ratings boost and looks to contribute to the club. Will hit leadoff against lefties as he has enough speed to swipe some bags. Can be the next big thing in Left Field. Should be in contention for ROY all year long.

It was his down year. Hit .261/10/41
Spoiler!

.316/21/80. Hit a paltry .210 in April but was able to find the sweet spot after that.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Last years team stats:
Hits 1568 - 3rd in AL
Batting Average .278 - 3rd in AL
On-Base Percentage .342 - 4th in AL
Slugging Percentage .464 - 2nd in AL
On-Base + Slugging .806 - 3rd in AL
Runs Scored 856 - 3rd in AL
Hits 1602 - 3rd in AL
Extra-Base Hits 534 - 2nd in AL
Home Runs 253 - 2nd in AL
Bases On Balls 483 - 6th in AL
Strikeouts 1259 - 11th in AL
Stolen Bases 128 - tied for 9th in AL

Improved every stat except EBH's we went down 2

Hitters:

93-69 and 2nd in the AL Central. Not bad at some of the predictions this year.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”